Dutchman’s 1st Grow Ever: 2018

Hello and Happy Friday everyone!

Started off my morning by jarring up all my White Widow harvest! Lovely sticky icky buds with pleasant smell! Still a bit fresh smelling but you can smell the pungent undertones that I’m hoping will come through really well with the cure! Going to try a sample nug of it later today after work and man I’m excited about that! Here’s a look !

I’ll update later with some trich photos of the curing buds and some smoke reports!

Keep it green:thumb::passitleft:
Looking so good! Its funny you got double from #2! What are the hygrometers you’re using in there? I’m about to buy some and the quality ones seem to be $25 ea here! :eek:

When did you chop those widows Dutch? Was it last weekend? If it was I would burp those jars twice a day for another week before sealing them for curing. I usually burp for at least a week after they go into jars. Sometimes two weeks depending on how they smell when I open them.

What are the hygrometers you’re using
I use these from Amazon (we're not supposed to link directly but here is the name you can search):
ASX Design SUKRAGRAHA Mini Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Gauge Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Degree Fahrenheit (F) Display Black
$7.50 each. I have about 6 of them floating around.

Looking so good! Its funny you got double from #2! What are the hygrometers you’re using in there? I’m about to buy some and the quality ones seem to be $25 ea here! :eek:

These hygrometers are actually pretty accurate and are only 3.99 at Canadian tire. That’s a local store near me here in Canada eh! Lol

Hey Dutchman.. Didn’t realize you are from eh... Canada... (don't tell me your name is mackenzie lol)

Haha yes I’m from Canada ! But no my names not Mackenzie lol!

When did you chop those widows Dutch? Was it last weekend? If it was I would burp those jars twice a day for another week before sealing them for curing. I usually burp for at least a week after they go into jars. Sometimes two weeks depending on how they smell when I open them.

I use these from Amazon (we're not supposed to link directly but here is the name you can search):
ASX Design SUKRAGRAHA Mini Digital Temperature Humidity Meter Gauge Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Degree Fahrenheit (F) Display Black
$7.50 each. I have about 6 of them floating around.

Yea I have been burping the jars every day 2-3 times if possible ! They are from last weekends harvest !

Woke up this morning and the WW2 jars are sitting around 67% in the jars. WW1 is about 70% did a 15 minute burp and sealed up again! That was after 12hrs sealed so I think I’m right in the perfect cure window!

Thanks Shed appreciate the input! You da man!

Blunt ?:passitleft:

Woke up this morning and the WW2 jars are sitting around 67% in the jars. WW1 is about 70% did a 15 minute burp and sealed up again! That was after 12hrs sealed so I think I’m right in the perfect cure window!

Yay! Someone else is awake!
:yahoo:

LoL... trollin' journals gets boring when there is nobody around to fuck with.

How's your day so far buddy? Hope you have an amazing weekend.

Little wakey-bakey from TX
:passitleft:

morning. sure i'll join. :)

sorry for the drive by dutchman. thanks for the reminder about can tire hygrometers. need to get some lol.

nice work btw . :goodjob:

sorry for the drive by dutchman. thanks for the reminder about can tire hygrometers. need to get some lol.

These are not bad little hygrometers for cheap.
2018-10-20-07-24-24.jpg
Nice to have a bunch to throw in all curing bags/jars. I keep several at different locations around my grow room too. Helps me identify climate issues before they become climate "problems" lol

Green days y'all...

I would watch the 70% jars. You may want to take them out for a bit so they all dry even but starting a little damp is better than starting out to dry. Mine hold at 60-62 even after 6 months.

Haha hey Preston! Don’t mind if I do :passitleft:
I know what you mean! Morning coffee and journal reading is a great way to start off but you need someone to poke and bother right !? Lol ! Hope your having a great Saturday brother

Hey Bluter no problem buddy! Glad you could make it!! The hygrometers are the Canadian tire brand and they are pretty accuarate! For 2.99 a pce I’m not complaining!

Hope all is well !

I would watch the 70% jars. You may want to take them out for a bit so they all dry even but starting a little damp is better than starting out to dry. Mine hold at 60-62 even after 6 months.

Thanks Sam I’ll keep my eye on them! They felt proper when I did a little touch test on them! Going to try my first sample nug this morning !!

@Preston9mm lol just write and someone shows up.

Magical world ! *ping ooh a message ! Who could it be haha what’s up lil birdy! Hope your doing well!

Thanks Sam I’ll keep my eye on them! They felt proper when I did a little touch test on them! Going to try my first sample nug this morning !!

Magical world ! *ping ooh a message ! Who could it be haha what’s up lil birdy! Hope your doing well!
Yeah, smiling chatting with friends organising the big move

Saturday October 20 - Day

Hey Hey everybody ! Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday so far I know I’m enjoying myself maybe a little than usual because I got to sample my FIRST NUGS of my very first harvest of the White Widow Autos I grew. I’ll post a smoke report once I ride this buzz for a bit so I can get a good detailed report in but 5 minutes after this joint and man am I blunted.
9EE3AA80-D7DE-4C82-9BEF-E39EFD9C9151.jpeg
0080637C-25A5-4695-9F89-1A408CB774E2.jpeg

So let’s get a brief description of the grow. White Widow autos took 75 days from seed to harvest. Hang dry after a bud was for 5 days then into jars. 3 days in jars and this is my first sample!

Start off with the morning jar burp. Woft that yummy smell up your nose! Select a nug for sampling...or in my case 3 :rofl:.

Started off by a close up sniff of the bud and man what a lovely smell! Light hints of almost a vanilla and citrus with an pungent ammonia finish just lovely! Pulling it apart and placing into the bud buster ... sticky icky I tell you. My fingers were so sticky it was hard to roll the joint after lol! First light up.... very smooth inhale Starts off with a sweet burst and rides into a bit of an earthy woody middle but a lovely almost spicy peach finish!

Exhale exudes a lovely thick smoke that is very pungent! The whole house just smells of goodness! I’ll get a more detailed report up in the snoke report thread!

But moving onto the tent! Defoil day and final veg day! Got in there with my clippers this morning and did a heavy defoil! I think @newty would be proud! Lol I’ll be doing another heavy defoil in 3 weeks once the stretch slows or stops then just plucking a few fan leaves ever few days till they are ready for harvest. Here’s some photos of the Early Miss sisters today before and after defoil! I’m really excited to flip them tomorrow and start seeing some flowers start to form!!

But that’s it for me for this morning ! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! :thanks:

Have a puff for the road !
My white widow :drool::passitleft::ganjamon:

Adorable! :adore::adore:love those shots of the ww.
:welldone:looking good in tent.

Thanks birdy! I’m really pleased with the WW turned out better than what I thought! The tent is flourishing and I’m expecting some big yields with these Early Miss girls as they are absolutely massive! Especially the boss hog EM1 lol

So awesome Dutchy:) That ww sounds and looks killer!!

Nice job on the defoil, I am proud :high-five:

Thanks newty! It is a great smoke and I can’t wait for it to cure for 4-6 weeks! It will get even better! As I was trimming I was saying to myself... what would newty do! Lol and snip snip snip snip oops! Ah well snip snip LoL! And here we are! 12/12 flip starts tomorrow at 8am-8pm and lights out tonight at 8pm for a longer dark period before the new day!

Back
Top Bottom