DV8's Deviance

So did I. Flip buddies 😀
Haha, well thats intimidating!

So often I look around at all the fantastic growers and beautiful cannas, swinging between inspiration and confronted with the reality that my grow skills still need attention.

Your girls are so consistenly great, its always a joy to see them LKA. Youve done a stellar job of the the first auto using VivoSun grow system.

Was very let down knowing its way too expensive and complicated to get a similar set up imported down here.

I live in hope the laws come to pass that we will legalise and fantastic sponsors like Vivosun can distribute to this part of the globe.

20221130_065550.jpg

20221130_065538.jpg

Im waiting for scissors day, Ady keeps on pushing out pistils lolling!

Todays roundup.

Buds seem to be doing the dry quite well.

Clones came out of domes. The Zkittlez is definitely growing if not looking a bit hungry, and its still wait and see with the White widow.

Chrissy was worth waiting on, getting wide on those colas as she swells in her final stages. Could she go 2ozs? Its so hard to judge but Im warming to the possibility.

Feels like everything and nothing is happening at same time. Im really excited to see how the flip girls go, great nodal growth up and down the stems, and the mains are thick, wide and short. All the benchmarks Ive tried to hit.

Having these done in Feb will be ideal. If they dont do a crazy stretch it will be one full tent with good numbers per m3, and grams per kw hour used.

I track my inputs, and max 450W per hour during lights on, so around 18kwh per day for vegging. That translates to around $60 to $70 Aud per month (30 days), highly affordable. Calculation should be pretty straightforward once the weights are done, but Im much more exited to see grams/m3.

Cant wait to see how it pans out.

O. M. G.

ITS BETTER THAN I HAD IMAGINED!

Nice sight to come home to, fkn stoked.

I dont even care if the football team makes the Grand Final anymore.

What a beast.
20220916_161049.jpg

God damn, if I cant get a proper grow op using that I best quit and find additional hobbies.

Not only do I see freedom, space, potential, but the weekend work and sacrifices made to have it. I nearly cried in happiness. Dont tell the daughter, she was most upset I had dry eyes at her wedding. Haha.
That's fucking epic mate!!

Hi Deeve :)

Omg your tent is packin heat bruv!

Those big veg plants have the kind of CarCanopies that grow audiences write songs about!

I am so happy yet jealous at the same time. I’ve been here two fucking years and had carcass spoon feed me grow after grow and I still can’t get it!

#CarCanopy4lyf

Those big veg plants have the kind of CarCanopies that grow audiences write songs about
He's been quietly sitting in the back of the class taking notes and studying up for an entire season ;) I'm so happy for you @DV8. I'll join the chorus line 🎶

Thank you both for the lovely words.

And also Congratulations @Carmen Ray on your win in Jotm, it deserved a nomination, and the people have spoken handing you a winning result! So happy for you, your beautiful photography and dynamic grow made for a worthy entry and a fantastic read. Well done!

Haha I do worry about these plants as theres always time to fuck up right and royal, so far so good though.

And Tra, I have no idea how you do like 5,6,7,8, simply having 2 seems like enough, haha. Fortunate enough to alternate days with the hooks paying attention to one then the other, and having 4000 skewers and and endless supply of electrical wire.

Deep down I love them all the while knowing that many good growers here slay to the point my girls arent what they could be, so for now, just step by step, honing, tending, and eventually the penny will drop.

Happy for a first run though. As long as by winter Ive started to feel on my game then I will have achieved what I strive for between now and then.

Ok daily check in (Im sorry if Im wordy these journals help me track my progress as primary priority)

Put a new Barneys Auto in. Another Critical Kush, Im thinking of trying a proper tent run with one, and as Chrissy comes to chop day a benchmark will become clear. I think I could do better after steps in the right direction this time.

Put inline fan to outside grow area, and ducted extraction filter fan in grow to outside as well.

Trying to keep the heat and smell buildup down.

Those tents start climbing g past 32c during the day now its gone sunny. AC should solve the problem completely, in the meantime its my only hack.

Did some repotting including Zkittlez clone. Good roots.

Turfed the WW, Id rather start over than persist with a non starter. Zero root growth.

The only major difference in the two was Z in the clone tent, so Ill try two more in there see how it pans out.

Started with the same media Tra uses today, while Im not sold after opening theres 150L so its getting used. Time will tell. Im happy to be surprised. Cant be critical of a product until I see result.

Removed all hooks from flip girls, Ill reset in a day or two. Had a droop. They should have enough water so I lifted the light and turned it down a touch. Could be heat, could be intensity.

Not a bad way to spend the arvo.

Cant wait for weekend, see how the changes play out.

Me: Wash off those spidermites.
Also me: Snap!

Broke Chrissy, the irony not lost on me.
20221202_192749.jpg

Well that brought one main to harvest haha.
20221203_172640.jpg
The one hanging to the left of pic. Tbh she could have hung on, she was still at it today in spite of splitting her down the middle.

Im a goose, I make plenty of errors, fuck me I lost the battle to those little parasites, and so I just let it hang out, my faults on show.

Looks good. Smells good. Bit doughy, not quite cooked. But she will yield. Shes sneaky tight and full.

Her main manicured and split up went 31 g near on the dot wet weight (Look I know wet weights mean fuck all but they are a guide). Theres a good 8 or 9g near dry in the two others nearing their end of fridge dry.

56 is the magic number post harvest. Will she make it? Ive got hope.

The dreaded plant scream craaaaaaaaaack, how I know it well.

That bud looks good Deeve. Real good in fact.

I still think your auto is more impressive than mine atm. I calling in the big guns to help me with my auto game.

Here she is all trimmed ready for breaking up.

I like to put scale in. Especially for my growmie @Trala .

Pic on right is just playing with lighting to give it some character.
IMG_20221203_211413.jpg

Veg girls looking happier with the light up and a bit of moisture at the top of pots, fans up.

Just evidence to me when they get too close they naturally droop. Lift for lift.
IMG_20221203_211527.jpg

Seedling girls
IMG_20221203_211616.jpg

IMG_20221203_211413.jpg

Veg girls looking happier with the light up and a bit of moisture at the top of pots, fans up.

Just evidence to me when they get too close they naturally droop. Lift for lift.
IMG_20221203_211527.jpg

Seedling girls
IMG_20221203_211616.jpg
Good morning my friend, hope you are doing well.
Garden looks good. :thumb:
Those buds are Awesome.
Have a nice weekend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

The dreaded plant scream craaaaaaaaaack, how I know it well.
Oh pearls were clutched!
Me: Tra slow down
Me on my plants: Snap snap snappity snap haha!
That bud looks good Deeve. Real good in fact.
Torn, tattered, fading, bug bitten (beaten flogged and shamed). Lolling.

Thank you though Tra. Youve always been a big part of bringing the team spirit.
I still think your auto is more impressive than mine atm.
Well....we both know how my first try turned out bahaha! Its a wonder I even got buds, confidence was low. Like negative figures. Not to overlook the spidermites. I would not wish them on anyone.

You were so right. Aussie growers like me, in my conditions have to, have to, be proactive and preventative. Motherfuckers.
I calling in the big guns to help me with my auto game.
Go girl! Get it! Get it!

I know just the guy, and Im sure he will help you no end. He has the best Auto journal going, and if anyone can guide you to better its him.

Im sure it will just as rewarding for him as for you.

Please call him Big Gun. Ill be utterly disappointed if you dont, at least once, haha.

Good morning my friend, hope you are doing well.
Top of the morning to you good Sir.
Garden looks good. :thumb:
Those buds are Awesome.
Have a nice weekend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Cheers mate. Been a lovely day. Plenty to enjoy.

I hope you too are all set for a good weekend.

I always smile when you drop by with your good natured favourite uncle vibe. Never fails.

IMG_20221203_211413.jpg

IMG_20221203_211527.jpg

Seedling girls
IMG_20221203_211616.jpg
Your Queen of the Mites has taught you the same lessons my Mimmy taught me.

You got to see what could have been, I should have been and what she was.

You learned:- Examine daily. Really see them. Prophylactically treat. Go easy training.

If only I’d learned that lesson as quickly as you lol.

Lift for lift! Omg I love it! And I think it’s true. For me, my plants hate close lights. I’m only ever as happy as my least happy plant. I need my girls BIG SMILING!

Deeve your veggers are on fucking fleek!

I am so super proud of you! You really are reaping what you’ve sown. Your next generation looks super impressive too.

It’s taken me two years to find my rhythm when it comes to growing. If this is your starting point, the sky is the limit!

I have a feeling you are going to become a bit of a grow celebrity with an army of followers. When you start slaying in the comps, don’t forget your roots.

🥇⭐🥇⭐🥇⭐

Omg. You are a real cheerleader @Trala and the timing could not have been better.

Because today I had the last of my seemingly ongoing hurdles and general fuck ups.

Budrot. I wasnt 100% certain till I trimmed, but there it was. Chrissy came down. Its time to give her the send off.

You can catch it just slightly in the dead leaves just near the top of that main cola pic below.

So here she was and how we got to 13 weeks of my favourite auto so far.

Chrissy Critical Kush Auto from Barneys Farms.

92 days from sprout to harvest
IMG_20221204_101259.jpg

Today she had budrot. So split stem, spidermites, and budrot! And yet I loved her. Made the decision for her to come down easy.

IMG_20221204_095713.jpg

Theres 8g in the jar already.

31g wet last night.

Just under 2 Oz (52 g) wet trimmed today. Lost about 12g wet in two top buds that had budrot, only a hint, but enough to chuck.

Once its all in the jar Ill do a final weigh.

She smells like a dirty, sweaty wilderbeast whos lived in the rainforest floor as powerful as teenagers unwashed laundry hamper and running shoes in a locked room.

Definitely an old school bouquet. Theres nothing casual about it.

She was as sticky as your bedsheets after 9 days over 40c (100f) humid weather. Her bud structure reminds me of beados, like all stuck together.
IMG_20221204_104636.jpg

This one makes me want to do more autos going forward.

An indoor (mostly) auto was a lot of heartache but very satisfying.

Im definitely eyeing off the range of Barneys Farm autos from the suppliers of these two from @CoffeeShopSeeds . James offered these through the site as freebies with a multipack purchase.

Now I have a dedicated area and some structure theres certainly room to think of more.

In fact.....one more Critical Kush Auto has gone in..... and I really hope it breaks ground.

Great stuff Deeve! Glad she's come good for you, hopefully once cured, she'll smoke up nicely.
I have only ever grown out a Gorilla Glue Auto which was strong in fuel/diesel smell and a CBD auto. I like the way they get up and motor, but for me growing outdoors with limited space I might as well grow photos and make the most of the season. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom