DV8's Deviance

#CarCanopyGoals
20221124_065552.jpg

Here tis. Veg girls.
20221124_065711.jpg
20221124_065724.jpg
20221124_065746.jpg

And back to late logging at the end of the day haha.

So try and be short.

Sparky tomorrow. Hoping done by lunch. Woohoo.

Topped 3 of the seedling girls at bottom of 5th node, trimmed the first nodes off. That leaves nodes 2,3 and 4 for frames.

Attempting to get the most growth out of them in the final configuration as early as practical and start their training.

In the past Ive let them run and cut off more growth, but less percentage of the frame. This time can see if early is better than later, or they need more time.

Ill give some Great White to them tomorrow.

Ella (BB) cant be too far from needing a bigger pot, so Ill let her come good, grow, and get her closer to final container size soon.

Will have to squash flower girls into flower tent to free up vegging space.

Got warm in there today, and warmer tomorrow. 28C. This will test them. Located an AC, soon as fixed power in Ill pickup and mount.

Got new trim scissors.

Piecing it all together slowly, but steady.

Hey Deev, long time.
Watching your grow has been a treat. You really hit the ground running, practically in a construction site. I think what you have achieved thus far is a high quality grow. The buds on the autos look shiny and yum, and your canopies look pretty nigh perfect to my eyes. Well done mate. I'm looking forward to more.

My head swirled today in a montage of whistful and thorough thinking.

Getting my grow on is inspiring, a commitment, diligence, timing, and like herding cats all in one day!

Went to pick up AC and current owner is out with the flu.

While the veg girls (all of them excepting the autos) were out of their respective tents it felt like a push to be thorough.

Wiped, Vacced, sprayed and rearranged them. Gosh putting them on wheels was a stroke of genius!

I even pulled apart the accessories, got out the detailing kit and cleaners, going even so far as wiping down and rearranging cords, and metho for the hard floors.

Set in new light/power board mounts at the  top of the bigger 2 tents. Hooray.

Two diy tips.

For cleaning uneven or hard to reach places use a clean paintbrush using bristles.

For mounting boards, using the provided mount holes, put tape over holes, mark holes, remove tape, place tape on wall/surface, screw into marked positions, pull tape, mount board.

Got my new hygrometers onto hard surfaces.

Painted a background. I think I need bigger more flexible, but its a start.

Collected piping for running hardline connections.

Got buckets for outdoor run pots. I have a couple ideas for (hopefully) better growing.

Tomorrows plan is get AC, get everything laid out and ready for auto harvest and drying, flip 2 veg girls, add stickers to flower tent, play with fan controllers to dial in, start outdoor grow containers.

Ill think long and hard about getting Ella and Tino ready for forward potting.

Hope this all finds you well.

If you haven't guessed these two have my focus. I think Ill push them together to free up veg tent. Like 2 peas in a pod.
IMG_20221126_214922.jpg

It will be a hot minute and the seedlings will need a bigger house. Ill run them until 4 wont fit and intend to keep Tino and Ella going while the other two are whisked off to an outdoors life. The GDP might even get Purple with an April harvest.

Hey Deev, long time.
Well its so nice you dropped by.
Watching your grow has been a treat. You really hit the ground running, practically in a construction site. I think what you have achieved thus far is a high quality grow.
Such lovely words. Thank you Carmen. Its felt like hard work and the wheels could fall off at any moment, haha.

The girls really have been the stars despite any of my shortcomings.
The buds on the autos look shiny and yum, and your canopies look pretty nigh perfect to my eyes. Well done mate.
Tori has honestly just fallen into a near perfect even without needing overt attention.

Shirley just wanted, and wants to reach, fighting me at every step, easily forgiven given she has substantial nodal growth and increase in budsites and her overall size.

Im hoping she gives a good flower show, I really do. She has so just lived for vegging and growth.
I'm looking forward to more.
That made me smile. Me too.

More words, but Ill have reason for pics later.

Me: Buy a cheap fridge for drying/seed storage
Credit card: This weekend interest free, dont pay till May.
Me: I really love that expensive black one for my shed Mr Salesman, lets get it to my place TODAY!

Got a good enough deal even Mrs DV8 was (surprisingly) upbeat about it.

Chrissy lost an arm, so its first tester up. Heres where the pic game will come into play later.

As for the rest....Lets just say wife points prevailed, and the free double bed frame (everyone loves free) got a repaint and went for a drive to get (also free) mattress from a mate.

And its Sunday evening.....where does the day go?

So while Im high on enamel Imma get to it. Sharp utensils and a good eye needed, what could possib-ligh go wrong?

And seedlings.
IMG_20221127_213018.jpg
Everyone is happy an healthy, nice work. :thumb:
Sunset looks great tonight, excellent pics.
Hope your enjoying your weekend.
Take care my friend.

#Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Ran late tonight, miss the cutoff for flip, so tomorrow is the day.

The girls run almost 18/6, anyone know what the highest number of hours would be to get them to flower?

If memory serves its like 13.5 to 14, with 12 being optimum. Any help would be great.

Seeing i missed my opportunity tonight, tied Shirley down pretty wide and almost even. My eyes tell me thats the way to do it when I need to cross that bridge next time.

It did inspire me to start wrangling the babies into order from the start.

Overall still on the fence, to either

(1) Let them run, top, grow, then start ties looking to go low and wide for veg

or , (as Im trying this time)
(2) Top early, tie/hook aggressively starting them low and wide as soon as possible.

Using the latter technique the hiccup might be waiting it out on recovery.

Using technique 1 though seems to have a heap of un-needed growth get cut off and seem sluggish to restablish any way.

After seeing stinker do his current grow, no topping, short veg, theres a strong case to go down that road too.

stinkers grow

Ella though is powering on, paying no mind to my training, got topped, hooked, lstd, and has not cared for a minute. She just switched over to putting the growth into the nodes.

If only they were all so responsive!

Even if its not exact I guess Ill compare Ella & Tino to Shirley and Tori and see what the grows tell me.

Probably for the best to adopt one semi flexible set of steps and repeat over and over than tinker too much.

Cant say Ive been disappointed with the veg girls, just took some effort and its hard yet to judge whether its been worth the time.

Flip buddies 😀

Just make sure you keep it on the down low from your wives.

If Brokeback Mountain taught me nothing else, I learned the wife really gets upset if she catches you!

And Deeve! Omg your grow is perfect! I’m so proud by proxy!

And good luck with the fridge dry, I swear I think I’ve mastered it. I took my Wedding Cake out and she was immediately in the cure zone. If you need any unwanted advice, I’m your girl.

Back
Top Bottom