Emmie's LSD Grow Log

Was just curious is this the Mazar I Sharif x skunk#1 or w.e. Because were i live people also have LSD, but its Lambs breath sour diesel, so you really have to be careful. Most times they advertise the lambs breath Sour D as the Mazar and vis versa lol. Don't know if this is from ignorance or just budtenders thinking they know it all. Sorry in advance for being lazy and not reading all the past posts to see if this was already answered. Sorry Em... Maybe a peace offering? :volcano-smiley:
This is the LSD from Barney's Farm.... here is their description:

Cannabis Cup: Indica Cup Winner 2008

Skunk #1 X Mazar.
An old Skunk variety crossed with Mazar. This strain is called LSD by the Farm crew because of its powerful trippy effect.

LSD is a hardy disease resistant plant that responds well in all growing conditions. With just a little care and attention LSD gives the grower high yielding, award winning, powerful results.

The flavor is reminiscent of intense earthy chestnut with a sweet musky smell. LSD produces a euphoric and very powerful stone.

Cool, Ive been on the fence about this strain. Ive ran across countless clones, but just couldn't talk myself into it. Hopefully after this journal that changes.

DSCF52613.JPG

Here is the garden today. Things to note, the leaf damage on the Green Crack in the bottom left... that was caused by the fan blowing her around too much... similar damage on the AK47 to the right of her, but not so bad. The funny slick looking deposits on some of the leaves is nothing more than molasses water, doesn't appear to be hurting a thing.

Yesterday at lights on was watering time for the 7 gallon containers. Their wet/dry cycle has gone from 8 days to 5 days, shortening the time even more efficiently than in the 5 gallon containers. The roots all appear to have been firmly established and everything's a go for an ontime flip on the first. I will be putting everyone in the dark for 48 hours before the flip too, trying to notice a difference in turn time as compared to coming straight out of 12-1 last time.

Overall, totally organic seems to be working well this round. Color is excellent, growth is aggressive, and there are no signs of deficiencies or burning. This tent is going to fill up this time like I have never seen before and I am sure that this is going to get interesting. All the plants are about 10"-14" tall and all the growth tips have been kept trimmed to keep down veg stretch and to try to create a mostly even canopy. At least its a plan... we shall see how it goes together. They will be mostly left alone now for the next 3 days, and then it is lights out for two days, and a flip and feed with a good strong AACT on the first at daybreak.

Also planning my next round already. I have some Blueberry Twist, Knockout and Super Iced Grapefruit seeds on the way complements of Gorilla Seeds and OlderGrower and will probably round out the garden with some Acapulco Gold that I have been dying to grow out for my dad. These seeds will all be started next week.

Be well everyone,
Blessings from Emmie's garden!

Fill that tent up Em. Those are going to explode after you flip them. You can already see it

Hey Emilya thanks for the warm welcome. As for your LSD it has lived a charmed life in comparison to mine (poor tortured soul), my LSD is still rough to say the least but she's flowering up and may even produce something useable, it's much better watching yours though lol. I'm looking forward to the end result :thumb:

Fill that tent up Em. Those are going to explode after you flip them. You can already see it

yep, it's about to get Kriaze up in here! :) This is going to be fun!

Today, preparing for flower, the girls all got a trim of their undergrowth, and while our star was out on the workbench she submitted to a few revealing shots of her undersides so that we can all get an idea what she is up to. After this next light period, that will be it for 48 hours... no 1 hour in the middle of the night... the flip is starting. She will get darkness 2 hours early at 8 am tomorrow morning that will last until 10pm Monday night (normal lights on time), giving 36 hours of darkness before starting 12/12. The last two times the flip took about 10 days to get into full flower, one going from 18/6 and the other straight out of 12-1. We should be able to tell if this 36 hours of darkness speeds things up any.

Why 36 hours and not 48? To go 48 hours of darkness would shift my operation 12 hours. Do the math... its confusing when you are stoned.
:lot-o-toke:

So here is our girl from the soil level. She has done well with this training and even today is still just less than a foot tall.

DSCF52653.JPG

With it cleaned out under there, airflow should be good to the soil. Here is a look at her, midlevel. You can see how all the lower branches have now lifted up to be a part of the canopy.

DSCF52662.JPG

Lastly, from the top so we can see the active bud sites. It looks like there are going to be 16-18 buds that rise off of her after the switch.

DSCF52673.JPG

Today was day 5 after the last watering and the lift method again informed me that she could use a watering again. This time, on the menu, was a complex compost tea, made up of earthworm castings, ancient forest compost, kansas city compost, happy frog organic 5-5-5 nutrient, kelp, seaweed extract, high N bat guano, alfalfa, and of course, molasses. The tea was brewed with a 796gph air pump in a 5 gallon bucket for 48 hours and had a thick dark foam on the top that was stirred down into the mix. The tea was stirred up, strained and diluted 50% before applying it to the plants.

And here, for completeness, is the rest of the room. Everyone has played musical chairs and moved positions in the room and I realized as I was writing this, that I can now tell each of the plants from each other by sight alone because they all have taken on a very distinct look.

DSCF52693.JPG

Please excuse everyone; they are little grumpy in this last shot... they just woke up for their last time in the middle of their night for the GLR wake up hour. At 10pm local they will all be rising up to greet their sunrise... for the last time before flower. You can see a little yellowing on the Cookies Kush in the bottom left corner... she has been complaining a bit for the last week about something, and my working theory is that she wants to be watered a bit more often than her LSD cousin. I will work on her a bit more, after we see how she responds to today's watering.

I hope you are having fun in your garden. Saturday blessings to you from mine. :)
Emmie

Lovely reading. Nice tea composition too. I can't wait to see how your ladies flower.

Cheers

(flip +1, after 36 hours of darkness)

ok... hold your head all the way to the right. I mean lean your right ear down on your right shoulder... and then you will be ready to look at this next picture.

LSD_on_flip.JPG

This is a wide view of our LSD. She appears to be happy and already getting with this idea of flowering. I might be slightly stoned, but I do believe that I already see the new leaves starting to transition to flower. Check out these other pictures:

budsites_1.JPG
budsites_2.JPG

I am betting that flowering will start early this time and have guessed on my calendar that it will take 7 days to officially start flower. We will find out together.

Here is the whole garden. The canopy looks mostly even but again it looks like the AK47 in the bottom right is going to be the problem child and try to go taller than the rest. This may get ugly... stay tuned.

garden_on_flip.JPG

I have mentioned that I am running two 600w lights, one MH and one HPS. I am doing this by having modified my big Raptor 6 AC hood to have a second lamp socket holder installed in the output air duct. It works well, and with a vortex fan dedicated to cooling it, temperature only goes up by about 3° in the tent and the room outside.

raptor_modified.JPG

That's all for this one... I am going to update every day or so, so that we can see how fast these bud sites convert to flower and then we will concentrate again on our LSD. I have her on the calendar to finish between May 7-17, assuming of course a 7 day switch to flower.

Very innovative Em. Since you don't have a glass tube or the glass bottom that MH bulb will do great things during flower. You should be able to utilize the UV in the MH bulbs to increase your trichomes production, but Im sure Im telling you nothing new. Anyways
+reps on the update, everything is truckin right along

Very innovative Em. Since you don't have a glass tube or the glass bottom that MH bulb will do great things during flower. You should be able to utilize the UV in the MH bulbs to increase your trichomes production, but Im sure Im telling you nothing new. Anyways
+reps on the update, everything is truckin right along
Oh there is a very thick tempered glass seal between us and the light... you just cant see it... it is clean! lol

Oh there is a very thick tempered glass seal between us and the light... you just cant see it... it is clean! lol

Lol nice, well I take back what I said then. You won't get the full effect of the UV with the glass. It filters it out. Lol, but yea its very clean. I have to clean mine like that every week

Lol nice, well I take back what I said then. You won't get the full effect of the UV with the glass. It filters it out. Lol, but yea its very clean. I have to clean mine like that every week

Keeping that glass clean makes a huge difference. I learned that a few years ago when I learned that you can lose 5-10% of your light because of dust and grime on the glass. Cleaning this glass is now part of the weekly cleaning ritual here at our house. The hoods make it easy to do... it's my T5HO x 8 array that is a pain in the neck to clean.

Keeping that glass clean makes a huge difference. I learned that a few years ago when I learned that you can lose 5-10% of your light because of dust and grime on the glass. Cleaning this glass is now part of the weekly cleaning ritual here at our house. The hoods make it easy to do... it's my T5HO x 8 array that is a pain in the neck to clean.

especially if you foliar feed..:)

Time for a quick update before work...

First, the room got a foliar feed of Liquid Karma yesterday for its load of vitamins, amino acids, auxins and cytokinins as the buds are starting to form and will get this same treatment in their water on this next round. I love Liquid Karma, especially in the organic garden, and consider it to be a supercharged version of calmag in my garden. I am going to continue giving LK any time I am not feeding the plants an AACT.

I am still fighting a bit of yellowing in the cookies kush plant in the bottom left corner, but I do see improvement after this last watering and I suspect she is now getting better and I believe that this morning's watering will improve her attitude considerably. Here though, is our star, our little LSD in her 5gal smart pot. She is doing very well, no yellowing at all and some very strong branch development that looks like it will hold a lot of weight. Her color is excellent, there are no signs of burning or deficiencies and she is starting to stretch.

DSCF52823.JPG

DSCF52812.JPG

Lastly, let's look at a couple of buds from around the room to see how this transition to flower is going. As you can see, nothing dramatic is happening yet and they continue to work on the change. These pictures are from the middle of their 4th day after the flip.
buds220.JPG
buds120.JPG

Back
Top Bottom