Emmie's LSD Grow Log

Because of this grow, I bought some LSD X Afghanistan. It was a great buzz. Now I'm also looking at growing one or two. Garden looks great Em.

Cheers

Thank you for the comments everyone!

Tonight I have determined that we are about 10 days from flower. Lights have been on 18/6, but today we switched things up a bit. The 600w MH is now on a 12-1 GLR schedule, and the 600w HPS is set to come on for 2 hours right in the middle of the "day", again to simulate noon.

After examining the results of my last run using ever decreasing lighting, starting at 11.5/12.5 and then steadily working my way down to 9/15 at the end of the grow, I have determined that there is still room for improvement. Seeing that some of my plants seemed to stall out at the end, I am not going to go all the way down to 9 hours of light this time, 10/14 will be as far as I go.

Right now I am pinching off of the growth tip on every branch, doubling the nodes on all plants. Another 10 days should produce some very bushy plants, and probably all the tent will be able to support without diminishing returns due to lack of penetration and air flow. This is my goal on this round... to max out what I can produce in this space.

So far the organics are working very well this round. The supersoil and base soils have all been cooked for about 3 months, and this time the plants should have built up a large colony of microlife. Everyone looks incredibly healthy, leaves are thick and a great color, and growth is vigorous.

DSCF52541.JPG

Our LSD was last watered with an AACT 8 days ago and was watered again with another AACT today. She probably could have gone another day before wilting, but the lift method indicated that it was time to water, and the AACT was at its perfect 48 hour mark with a very nice foam on the top. Each 5 gal smart pot took 1 gallon of tea, roughly twice what it took last time to reach run off. I expect the wet/dry cycle to reduce to 5 days this round and for water use to increase yet again on the next watering.

It is also dramatic looking at the difference in growth between the 7gal and 5gal smart pots. Already at this point, much more rapid growth can be seen in the larger containers, even though they were built using the same layers and the same soil mixes.

garden_2_16_named.png

I will be subbed for learning purposes, if you don't mind.
I was directed to your watering technique from other members sigs. Very valuable info there, as here. My plants thank you!
Peace.

Don't mind at all... just keep in mind that I am learning too. I have been known to totally change my mind on things, sometimes many times. Don't ever stop learning...

I am also glad that you enjoyed my watering technique and that your plants are better because of it. It makes me very happy to see this knowledge spreading around via the signatures and that this piece has become a sticky in every forum I have posted it in. I am very pleased to see that in this small way I have been able to give back what was given to me when I was starting out. Now it is your turn to pass it forward.

Blessings my new friend... peace to you too.
Emi

Hey Emilya I've been away for awhile but I'm back now and it's great to see that you went ahead with the LSD, and that she is doing so well :) I put mine into flower a week ago (no journals though until I get a few decent grows under my belt) as she was flowering in the veg tent, but after everything she went through with her numerous near death experiences I'm quite surprised that she's made it this far. It's nice to see one being grown properly.

All the best and I'm now subbed :thumb:

Hey Emilya I've been away for awhile but I'm back now and it's great to see that you went ahead with the LSD, and that she is doing so well :) I put mine into flower a week ago (no journals though until I get a few decent grows under my belt) as she was flowering in the veg tent, but after everything she went through with her numerous near death experiences I'm quite surprised that she's made it this far. It's nice to see one being grown properly.

All the best and I'm now subbed :thumb:

Glad to have you back Kriaze! I will be very curious to hear your comments on my little LSD as you watch yours. You will be about a month ahead of me, so this should be interesting. I am glad to hear that your garden is going better, and that means you are getting better too!

Hey Emilya thanks for the warm welcome. As for your LSD it has lived a charmed life in comparison to mine (poor tortured soul), my LSD is still rough to say the least but she's flowering up and may even produce something useable, it's much better watching yours though lol. I'm looking forward to the end result :thumb:

Here for the show Em

Hey emilya just stopping by see how everything is going, your lsd is looking great along with all the other ladies. I enjoy watching others grow the same strain to see how they all react to each different grower. So your letting her grow out then your going to top both tops before 12/12? Im excited to see how she continues!! Again everything looks great!!

Hi Bud, thanks for stopping in. Yep, I have topped and then will top again, forcing her to become a bush before flower. All the plants are getting the same treatment... they show me a precocious growth tip with two sub sets under her, and I snip it off, taming the wild beasts, at least for now. Flipping at the end of the month... almost there. Everyone is rooting in just fine, next round of watering is coming up fast.

Today was watering day for the 5gal containers; their wet/dry cycle went from 8 days down to 6. All indications are that the 7gal containers are also going to be needing water soon too, and we might end up shaving off 3 days on their cycle...

So the roots are growing... that is good. Growth even on GLR (12-1) is intense... I think we might have doubled in size in the last week, so I like what I am seeing here. I suspect that we are looking at the beginnings of a large harvest in our future.

Here is the entire garden:
DSCF52591.JPG

And then here is our LSD. She has been getting her leading growth clipped as fast as she can raise it up for me, but she is taking to the indecencies well. Her understructure is strengthening well and her preflowers are developing fast and strong, and she is beginning to look like she is going to be a good producer, even being the youngest in the tent. We flip to flower on March 1st, so we are nearing the end of veg. So far, her vertical height is good, and it has been easy to maintain her to the room canopy height without her getting upset.
Here is a wide shot so you can see her overall development, followed by a close up of the top bud structure that will be double topped in a day or two.

DSCF52582.JPG

DSCF52602.JPG

Was just curious is this the Mazar I Sharif x skunk#1 or w.e. Because were i live people also have LSD, but its Lambs breath sour diesel, so you really have to be careful. Most times they advertise the lambs breath Sour D as the Mazar and vis versa lol. Don't know if this is from ignorance or just budtenders thinking they know it all. Sorry in advance for being lazy and not reading all the past posts to see if this was already answered. Sorry Em... Maybe a peace offering? :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom