1 tbl molasses
1 tbl happy frog all purpose 5-5-5 organic fertilizer
1 tbl kelp meal
1 tsp high N bat guano
1 tsp high P bat guano
1 tsp bone meal
1 handful ancient forest compost
a 2 inch section of aloe vera, pureed

Bubble this for 24 hours and then add 3/4 cup of earthworm castings and bubble for another 24 hours.

When I water, I am going to try very hard to get as much of the solids in the containers as I can... good stuff. Adding the EWC on the last day hopefully will peak the herd out, right at the point of watering.

:thanks:

Last night while watering I was amazed at how strongly the flowers are developing in this run. My 3 day old flowers already look like some I have seen a week in. It is purely subjective, and maybe even a gut feeling, but I do believe that this run has gone into flower "harder" if that makes sense... and again we have to credit the 36 hours of darkness for that. This along with the above noted benefits has convinced me... 36 hours of dark before flower IS beneficial.

I also have not talked much about what I am doing with the 2 big lights this time in order to teach me something about the staggered lighting I did last time. In the tent this run are 3 plants that are clones of plants from the last run, as a control to the previous experiment of steadily decreasing the lighting period down to 9/15 at the end. I was not really impressed with the results of that last run, with all the plants being slow to finish at the end. I also believe that quantity and quality were affected.

I have made three changes on this run. First, as a control, this run is straight 12/12 all the way through. I have changed the timing on the second light to come on for 4 hours each day centered around NOON, instead of 3. I believe that running 2 lights for 1/3 of the time compared to 1/4 of the time, will produce a noticeable difference. I have also made the MH the primary light this time, it being a blue eye hortilux and capable of being a good bloom light, and the HPS is the secondary light that comes on for 4 hours. I have read several recommendations to use MH in flower, for better color and taste expressions from our plants. I am curious if this is true. So, lots of variables here, and we will need further experiments to clarify some of the results... but that is what is going on in my head on this run.

Blessings everyone!
Emmie

I believe you are on to something. Great job with your setup. I'm looking into far red lighting now.

Cheers

Love what you're trying to do here Em!

Your quest for answers is inspiring. I think ya interesting about the 36 hours of dark before flower. I've heard of this but always but it to the side because I was worried to give it a shot.

I also run a MH in my grow room but not as a primary. It's a secondary light at 1/4 strength of my HPS. I have noticed considerable differences is my flowers with this. I've also adapted to running a cross spectrum in my veg room as well and this is where I've noticed that biggest difference. Here I run a MH as a primary and a HPS as a secondary at 1/4 strength of the primary. I know have a veg room that has been producing incredible lush and strong plants.

Keep doin your thing girl. It's motivating and inspirational!

:high-five:

I believe you are on to something. Great job with your setup. I'm looking into far red lighting now.

Cheers

Post #62 of my 2nd journal has a write up about trigger lights

A quick update while I can ... been very busy with new products at work the last week or so and it has greatly dug into my available free time.

I am having a tent wide nutrition issue at the moment and am working on the fix. I think I know what it is... I have been trying to get by without using liquid fish. I never had used the stuff before in synthetic grows and I believe that I underestimated its importance in our organic tea nutrition program.

Anyway, I have been trying everything... foliar feed of cal-mag, even though it didn't look like a magnesium problem, I figured what the heck... but that wasn't it. I tried Liquid Karma the same way... nope. I tried watering a bit more often thinking maybe the micro beasties were needing nutrition... that wasn't it either. The tea is on its second day and should be a good one... it is right out the The Rev's book for a flowering tea... and everything is in there except the FoxFarm Big Bloom additive... I still have not accepted that this is necessary.

I am hoping that the smelly liquid fish (OMG that is disgusting!) and it's heavy phosphate and potash components will be just what my girls need. Clearly this gradual yellowing from the bottom is indicating a macronutrient problem in the entire tent... and that folks, means it is something fundamental I am doing wrong. Cutting corners... I do it to myself every time.

Here is our star, who is weathering the abuse better than most in the tent... she is a strong one!

DSCF53651.JPG

Here is one of her 9 day old buds:

DSCF53661.JPG

And last but not least, the garden that is waiting for a good meal.

DSCF53671.JPG

Don't shit on yourself for cutting corners. I do this way to often but, I wouldn't attribute it to cutting corners. It's so tough to maintain beautiful gardens by always having such a hands on approach, we have lives!
I'm often convinced when things are going great that I can dial back on what I'm doing. But it's never the case. In fact, when things are going wonderful that's when we're the busiest in the garden.

If I could give any advice to you it would be: take a deep breath, remember that you're the Queen of this game and try and get a handle on a fixed schedule. Even if you have to write it down and remind yourself everyday what's next, it helps.

Don't give yourself a hard time though. If anyone can bring them back its you!

Did I articulate this as well as it sounded in my head? Hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries. :hug:
:lot-o-toke:

Don't shit on yourself for cutting corners. I do this way to often but, I wouldn't attribute it to cutting corners. It's so tough to maintain beautiful gardens by always having such a hands on approach, we have lives!
I'm often convinced when things are going great that I can dial back on what I'm doing. But it's never the case. In fact, when things are going wonderful that's when we're the busiest in the garden.

If I could give any advice to you it would be: take a deep breath, remember that you're the Queen of this game and try and get a handle on a fixed schedule. Even if you have to write it down and remind yourself everyday what's next, it helps.

Don't give yourself a hard time though. If anyone can bring them back its you!

Did I articulate this as well as it sounded in my head? Hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries. :hug:
:lot-o-toke:

no boundaries Pigeon, no worries. I am just feeling a bit down this week looking at my garden struggling a bit... I think the better tea last night is working, but of course the yellowing got worse before it started getting better. I am hoping to see more green coming back tonight, and tried to convince myself that I was seeing a positive reaction to the feeding already last night... we will see.

I am also having some difficulties in the veg tent that are bumming me out a bit... those stupid little 2oz solo cups were not exactly the greatest idea I ever had. I will catch up back there soon too on my other journals... there have been at least 2 losses. grrrr.

I know the feeling about being bummed out about our gardens. I just finally got my flower room to look like something respectable. Just remember that's it's a phase and there will be beautiful plants to follow.

I have learned that before I do any kind of trouble shooting I give the girls a good flush so I can start on a blank slate. I find if there's a build up in the pot before I start troubleshooting I'll never get the problems fixed.

I'm rootin for you!

no boundaries Pigeon, no worries. I am just feeling a bit down this week looking at my garden struggling a bit... I think the better tea last night is working, but of course the yellowing got worse before it started getting better. I am hoping to see more green coming back tonight, and tried to convince myself that I was seeing a positive reaction to the feeding already last night... we will see.

I am also having some difficulties in the veg tent that are bumming me out a bit... those stupid little 2oz solo cups were not exactly the greatest idea I ever had. I will catch up back there soon too on my other journals... there have been at least 2 losses. grrrr.

Part of the process is not being perfect. It is only by seeing what doesn't work that we can look for what does. it makes us better growers and that shows in the long haul. It also takes courage to show a yellow leaf. I hate doing it! But let me say this.

We know you are a hell of a grower Em. So it is okay if things get messed once in awhile. I feel your pain as I have been there too and still am often. But you have to remember that you are switching to a whole new nutrient style, and these lessons must come. Only by using a sharpening stone will the knife ever get razor sharp.

I would like to say...I am not sure why you haven't tried Doc's kit. It is all organic and truly amazing. I am stunned and shocked by what I am seeing using Doc's kit. I just know in my heart that you would absolutely love it too. Give it a thought. I am only halfway through flower (37 days post flip and 30 days post flower) and I know you can grow just as well if not better than I can. But this is what I am seeing with Doc's kit. Come join us in the Doc Bud crew!
image8733.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom