Fanleaf Tries For A TLO, True Living Organics, Grow With 6 Plants

9 Days since any watering was done. They are bone dry....
Now, I'm going to give them all a thorough watering tonight and see if over the next few days if we see any improvement.

They are all ridiculously stunted at this point. If they dont turn around and start to grow again quickly, I'm going to scrap them and start over again with a slightly different approach.
Meanwhile, in my other grow areas things are thriving. I think I need to start again with more castings and pumice in the mix until they are a bit bigger. I think the soil was heavy for them. We will soon see.

Ummmmm. Houston, we're not growing in Promix anymore!

24 hours later....

I'm simply speechless. Growing for years now and have had no watering issues forever. Change to TLO soil and it kicks my ass right away. Well, I guess now I know how differently it feels. It may be just the difference in the density or this soil vs Promix because to me, the pots were feeling empty....I was wrong.

After a straight up rookie move, it seems we are now back off at the races. In 24 hours they went from 80% chance of death to 80% healthy.

Very nice! Just seen this and hope you dont mind me taggin along. Ive loved your big cob setup since you started running cobs. Glad to see you running organic dirt. Lol!
Going back to catch up now...
:thumb:
Heck no I don't mind. Glad your here!

Going to get a tea started tomorrow. They may be able to use it after pulling through the issues.

1 gallon RO water
1tsp Kelp meal
1/4tsp dry kelp/seaweed
1tsp alfalfa meal
1/2 tsp 9-3-1 bat guano
1/2tsp feather meal
1/4 tsp blood meal
1tsp molasses
1/4 tsp organicare all purpose grow
1 tiny dash of azomite powder
1/4 tsp oyster shell flour
1/4cup Earthworm castings
1-1/2 tsp insect frass
12 drops of General Organics CaMg+

The plan is to let that brew for 24-48hrs (or until the plants are bone dry) then dilute to around 50ppm and then add a bit of Great White Mycos right before giving it to them.

Well, the only real news to report is that since I started brewing the tea Friday, today is Monday and they are still not ready for a drink. I decided to feed that tea that had brewed for going on 72 hours to my houseplants and lawn.
I started another 1 gallon batch of the same tea in my last post just now. It's been 8 days since they had a drink and they are about ready for another round but not quite yet. By the time this tea is ready they should be as well but I said that the last time too.

Nothing much to update you guys with at this point. I did give the plants a good watering yesterday. It does seem tlike there is a bit of something that one of them don't like though. I will get the details up tomorrow. The 2 bottom leafs on one of them is mostly dried out and crispy. It doesn't seem like it is spreading or anything. I think the soil may have just been a bit hot for it.

On a side note, here is something kinda cool for you all to look at. I took my Flir Thermal imager down to the grow room tonight. You can see the living soil stays warmer than the pots or the plants themselves. Pretty neat to see a living soil at work.

That's so dam cool !!

Well, the only real news to report is that since I started brewing the tea Friday, today is Monday and they are still not ready for a drink. I decided to feed that tea that had brewed for going on 72 hours to my houseplants and lawn.
I started another 1 gallon batch of the same tea in my last post just now. It's been 8 days since they had a drink and they are about ready for another round but not quite yet. By the time this tea is ready they should be as well but I said that the last time too.
In a fully dialed in TLO grow, what could the hands off periods be after initial setup? At least 8 days? More?

In a fully dialed in TLO grow, what could the hands off periods be after initial setup? At least 8 days? More?
I start getting concerned for the top spreader roots after 5 days... it is nice to be able to walk away for a week, but should we? When I get into a long cycle like this, I usually water just the top 2 or even 3 times before the bottom dries out and I properly water the container.

They were ready for water today. My tea had brewed for 24 hours and was ready too.

I used a half gallon of my tea along with about 3.5 gallons of RO water in a 5 gallon bucket to dilute to about 60ppm.

I then added a dose of Mycos to the tea and gave all of them a good drink.

The plants did not look happy again before the watering.

Let's see how they look again in about 12 hours.

Another thing.....
While they are taking forever between waterings, the next time they dry out they will get transplanted into 3 gallon pots with fresh soil anyways. My gut tells me that whatever is holding them back will fix quickly in the next pot, (the final veg pot).

Even though they have been drinking slowly for some reason I can tell that my roots are packed in these pots.

Almost 4 hours later and still with a big mess to clean up they are in a bigger home.
3.5 Gallon pot started with about 1-1.5" of perlite...

Followed by about a half inch of TLO Soil with a very light layer of high Nitrogen blend sprinkled on top...

Now 4" more TLO soil to get to about the right height for the transplant. After the transplant was done I made 2 holes per pot. The holes are a little less than 1/2" wide and go down to about the perlite layer.

These 2 holes are at the outside edge of the container and a few inches from any roots for now. These holes are filled with a mixed up Hogh Nitrogen Spike Blend.

Here you can see the 2 high Nitrogen spikes on opposite sides of the pot.

Now, for the top layer, they got only about 1tsp of a high N Layering blend sprinkled on the top of the soil. I was careful to keep it away from the stem at least an inch.

Now, they all got new mulch and now we can see if they quit being a-holes!

The final home will be next. It will be 7 or 10 gallon air pots if they straighten up thier attitude. Same pot type they are in now just bigger yet.

Back
Top Bottom