FelipeBlu’s Outdoor Hempy Photos & Autos 2020

¡Hola Enjoil - welcome to my garden!

I dilute the battery acid down to 7.5% and use it as a pH down. And actually, it does provide additional sulfur, which is considered essential for increasing flavor. I use this because a) it’s cheap and readily available at any auto parts store, and b) I don’t want to add too much phosphorus to my mix (most pH down is a diluted phosphoric acid).

Edited to add: If you decide to dilute battery acid, REMEMBER - ACID INTO WATER!!
(A before W) - doing the reverse can result in serious injuries.

stave off the daily fertigation a little longer
It should do exactly that! I recommend a cover of some kind on top too (as well as the shade wrap). I used gnatnix pebbles (for gnats ;) ) and found that layer also did an excellent job of helping the soil hold moisture a little bit longer.

I thought about it a lot actually. The weight factor seems like it would work for me. But, like Coco, it always has to be wet so it isn’t as light to move around and it requires fertigation all the damn time! So as grow methods they’re not as disability friendly as I thought they were going to be. I didn’t like Coco at all. I’m a soil girl :) ... those long dry cycles are my best friend!

I don’t know if you can get away from watering less than every 2 days with hempy during flowering
This is why I have considered adding in vermiculite back into the system. I will attempt a side by side on my next flower run but will be watering it the same as the perlite (48 hours) just to see what's what. I do remember watering every 3 days at times when vermiculite was in the mix.

This is why I have considered adding back in vermiculite back into the system. I will attempt a side by side on my next flower run but will be watering it the same as the perlite (48 hours) just to see what's what. I do remember watering every 3 days at times when vermiculite was in the mix.
I just wrote a post on the differences between the two so I'm guessing your memory is correct.

I used vermiculite this time due to not having the perlite available. Vermiculite is a silicate material that’s brown or beige in color and has a soft, sponge-like texture and tends to hold water better. Perlite is harder, white in color, and is made out of mined volcanic rock. Perlite tends to be more alkaline and vermiculite is more neutral so if you have soil with a high pH then vermiculite wouldn't be a bad option over perlite.

I'm not sure if Vulx is still in business but their product is supposed to lower the frequency of watering in soil, and possibly ProMix in the correct quantities. I fear they may have vanished though.
Still in business, just not a sponsor. I do see though they have :420: plastered all over their front page with a Teddy endorsement.

A quick update (dinner is almost ready!)

BeBo1 has sprinted 16” in the past 2 weeks (7” more since last Thursday)
FB400251-8836-4FD6-84C8-431696CD2681.jpeg
BB39D8E0-AA7E-4147-A621-6AA256338C48.jpeg

BeBo2 has only added another 4” in the last 7 days, and also seems to be a little into bud set

8A8F54DC-807C-46ED-B140-F113FF0FF8A1.jpeg
1FFE4193-4135-41A9-A48A-5C5B3B109ED2.jpeg

Not to be left out - just because she’s still free - GLGA has definitely added some height since last week

7BD73554-B050-4068-8A4B-09D9740A62C7.jpeg

And BeBo2a just keeps blowing up - she’s almost as tall as GLGA now - a more than adequate replacement for the branch that fell off!
7D6C5088-8C5C-4883-9519-3B9526D45CE5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom