Final Decision : Volksgarden 600w vs. CAP E&G 1kw : Start to Finish in ~1 week

Here are a Bunch of EnG shots. still DAY 17.
I switched to dual HPS and ditched the MH, as i figured the stretch was over. . . i'm interested to hear anyone else's theories about different ways to combine HPS and MH spectrums to enhance flower.

these are under dual HPS (600 400)

i'll let the pics speak for themselves.

2-8-07.JPG

2-8-08.JPG

2-8-09.JPG

2-8-10.JPG

2-8-11.JPG

2-8-12.JPG

Did you clean up the lowers on the E&G or was the light strong enough to penetrate the lowers? Cause w/ that amount of Lumens I wouldn't doubt it, cause my 1k thickens my lowers lust as much as the tops. However I still do trim the skirt.

some wheel shots:

its hard to see in the HPS, but the older clones are showing some burning in the fans. . . I have had the wheel at a full 600 since week 3 started, and now that i'm posting this, I should have stayed at 450.

I added a bunch of B52 at the beginning of this wee too, because my hydro guy said it would do the same thing as bushmaster and stop vert growth. . . it didn't work. maybe I did it wrong, who knows. . . .also it should be noted that I am using Bud Factor X this grow starting week 3 also. it's the replacement for scorpion juice. . . it's a frosting agent, and it worked quite well on the EnG.

2-8-16.JPG

2-8-17.JPG

Finally, a bunch of wheel shots. . . i should have edited some of the similar ones out so there weren't so many pics. lol.

these are without HPS, and can hopefully show the leaf damage.

2-8-30.JPG

2-8-31.JPG

2-8-32.JPG

2-8-33.JPG

2-8-34.JPG

2-8-35.JPG

2-8-36.JPG

2-8-37.JPG

2-8-38.JPG

2-8-40.JPG

2-8-41.JPG

2-8-42.JPG

Props to ya WOF for continuing on. I'm in for this one. Lookin good so far :blushsmile: The e&g is definitly woopin some ass bro

I love the pict of the E&G under the M.H. and the Wheel Looks amazing.
:adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:

Thanks bro. . . Phew, that last one was a doozy. . . just wanted to get it all out.

This journal is going to fly fast and hard right to the end. I don't even care if it gets a thousand views, lol. as long as the people who do read it, enjoy it.

Did you clean up the lowers on the E&G or was the light strong enough to penetrate the lowers? Cause w/ that amount of Lumens I wouldn't doubt it, cause my 1k thickens my lowers lust as much as the tops. However I still do trim the skirt.

i just pull dead leaves as the fall, everything else stays. . . I let mother nature do her work this go round, for the EnG and the Wheel both.

Props to ya WOF for continuing on. I'm in for this one. Lookin good so far :blushsmile: The e&g is definitly woopin some ass bro

Thanks Dro, glad your here bro.
Yeah, so far it is kickin ass. . . Tomorrow it will move fast too and We'll really get some colas going.

Would you mind posting a pic of the light burn? Either here or in my thread.

thanks

btw - are you keeping the wheel or getting rid of it? you liking the fresca?

Would you mind posting a pic of the light burn? Either here or in my thread.

thanks

btw - are you keeping the wheel or getting rid of it? you liking the fresca?

yeah kiwi, I did the best I could with the pics. . . You'll see it more obviously in a day or two. . . light/heat burn. . . a stronger fan would have helped my situation somewhat. I'm done with pics for today, but we'll see whats in tomorrows batch.
:thumb:

i'm probably gonna keep the wheel and just store it. . . maybe someday i'll. . .

sell it. dude I think its your strain. ur leaves look so big. Most of the volksers with past journals are from cali, unlimited amount of different strains. The volks doesnt like everything you put in it. shortround has a short list.

Am I reading this right?

The wheel res is looking good after the flush! Here, the wheel is full, the pump is on, and the water level is just high enough to submerge the pump. . . the bubbles are the return from the flood tray splashing back into the res. The controller was already on drain and drained the wheel res. when the wheel is done feeding, the pump will turn off and the 6-7 gallons of water in the flood tray will empty back down into this res, flowing back into the controller and dumped back into the 55 gal. drum till the next feed cycle.

Do you have the ebb controller feeding the wheel res as well as the sites?
If so..
So how do you have the fill pump to the wheel synch'd to fill of the controller?

BTW the EnG plants are looking awesome. I love the system, it just works. The wheel plants look good too but the stretch is killing you. Hope they stop vertical growth. Should maybe try that Dr Nodes stuff if you go another round in the wheel.

Too lazy to search tonight, anyone doing wheel grows with twin 430-watt Son Agro, Planta-T, or other bulbs in that range with the extra blue in them? Not wondering about production totals so much as to how (and if) the bulbs' knack for producing short inter-nodes compared to traditional HPS bulbs worked out in a "wheel."

thanks butch.

@ Charles. . . i think the strain is fine, I think my technique (esp. with RW) is lacking, I also think my expectations were off. . . I did not realize that, yes it is a ton of plants in a tiny area, and has the potential for great efficiency, but it is still a ton of plants, meaning lots of moms, lots of clones and lots of space to do this in. little colas on little plants I can do, Big colas on Big plants i can do, Big colas on little plants. . . not something I can do, at least not yet. Not saying it can't be done though.

Am I reading this right?
Do you have the ebb controller feeding the wheel res as well as the sites?

Yes sir.

If so..
So how do you have the fill pump to the wheel synch'd to fill of the controller?

The wheel reservoir floods and drains with the rest of he buckets, so 6 times a day. It's just like a big ass bucket.

with 10 pots and the wheel res, It took about 10 min to fill. (i beefed up the pump a bit to a 760gph). the fill cycles were 15 min each, except the one just after 9pm (lights on time) which was 30 min.

I had a separate timer that i set for 45 min (wheel feeding time) once a day. This first time i synced them, i just waited for 15 minutes to pass on the 30 min fill cycle on the ebb controller and spun it to on.

at this time the wheel reservoir is full (held about 6-7 gal when full) the pump kicks on and fills the wheel. In the wheel flood try, there is a return hose that sets the level to fill to, like an ebb system. when the flood tray is full, it too holds about 6-7 gals (where i had it set) so there is enough water already in the res + the leveling effect as soon as the pump kicks on, the controller starts replacing the lost water.

so after the wheel kicks on, 15 minutes later the ebb controller switches back to drain, and empties everything.

The wheel res does retain (like all the other buckets) a couple inches of water, I made this water level high enough, that the wheel pump could keep the flood tray full and cycling even at the drain cycle.

45 minutes after coming on, 30 after the drain cycle started the wheel pump shuts off and drops all 6-7 gals back into the res, which of course levels, and makes its way back into the drum.

the downside to this was that some wheel res problems, got to the whole group. one reason i think is that leaves fall into the flood tray and then get sucked down the return hose and into the res, where it's broken down by the sensizyme. then i get pulp in the water. . . and I definitely had a res issue towards the end. right now, i just blame everything on the wheel. lol.

BTW the EnG plants are looking awesome. I love the system, it just works. The wheel plants look good too but the stretch is killing you. Hope they stop vertical growth. Should maybe try that Dr Nodes stuff if you go another round in the wheel.

thanks man, your so right. . . this system is way more flexible to plant conditions, and therefore way more forgiving to mistakes. . . and I make my fair share every grow, lol so that's important to me.

Infact, i did by some humbolt's bushmaster. . . seems like a waste of money now that I have decided to put the wheel to sleep for a while. I didn't use it, although I did try something my hydro store guy said which was a nice big dose of B52 to try to stop vert growth, but like i said before it didn't work.

I'll just tell you right now, 12 of the older clones, who were the biggest and healthiest of course ended up dying due to a drought i gave them for a few days on accident. the smaller plants weren't as thirsty and still had some moisture in the RW by the time i saved them. . .

3 days, no flood on the EnG plants too. . . what do you think that would do? yeah, no good. . . It definitely stalled them out in the end and hurt my yield. . . they did not fill out like they should have. But they still rocked as compared to the wheel's reaction.

It's all good though because what I lose in quantity I make up for in quality. Let me tell you something, I am so totally sold on AN's bud factor x. . . these buds are noticeably frostier from it. Try it! @ 1-2 ml/gal it make the price not quite so horrible.

Your E&G grow looks great! Really nice color on those plants.

I don't know much about wheel issues but for what you've detailed in your journals, which has actually taught me quite a bit, but it just seems like a tricky method.

You get the rot issues resolved and then they grow right into the light.

That's a real pisser, cause the plants are looking really good in there this time around.

great condensed journal, wheelo!

Too lazy to search tonight, anyone doing wheel grows with twin 430-watt Son Agro, Planta-T, or other bulbs in that range with the extra blue in them? Not wondering about production totals so much as to how (and if) the bulbs' knack for producing short inter-nodes compared to traditional HPS bulbs worked out in a "wheel."

I'm about to post some pics which will probably kill any search enthusiasm in me, lol. but yeah, twin 430's would be sick as long as you had at least a 6 in can fan pulling through the cool tube. . . the sweet spot is like 3-4" from the tube.

I'm not aware of any other wheeler's journals out there, but honestly, i stopped looking after i started posting here. maybe it's time for a looksee.

Your E&G grow looks great! Really nice color on those plants.

I don't know much about wheel issues but for what you've detailed in your journals, which has actually taught me quite a bit, but it just seems like a tricky method.

You get the rot issues resolved and then they grow right into the light.

That's a real pisser, cause the plants are looking really good in there this time around.

great condensed journal, wheelo!

Thanks bro. . .

yeah that was relieving to have at least solved that problem. . . this time round, much much better root health, and no stem rot whatsoever! both of those things plagued all of my earlier grows.

Back
Top Bottom