First Basement Grow On A Budget

Ok so I took Sunday off. Do too unforeseen happenings there is now a need for security measures on the rooms... I am looking into an idea that i saw on another journal about using an old smartphone as security cam... That is easy enough to figure out, the entry areas not as easy... Got a couple of older doors, so gotta figure out some ummm shall we say effective lock down procedures... Hopefully to deter unwanted access, my dad always told me that locks were only effective on honest people.... Man was he right lol... Doors are workable entryways themselves are decaying.... Damn sure dont wanna have to rebuild those... Either way this is a problem that in my world and group of friends I dont have to worry about.. Reality is I Love what I am doing it is soothing, rewarding, etc.. There are those even in your own family who see only monetary potential value, that is potentially devastating... I do also benefit from smoking what works for me, and occasionally trade between friends for some strange.. So I only grow what I need plus a few zips for emergencies.. This bummer of start of the day will only be fixed with best friend Tut... Posting pics later Green and Happy days all

Man just found out someone who i was following on here had a much worse night/day than me.... So in his honor i will just say that even if you think you are doing good or right, just know there are others who love to see others fail just outta envy, jealousy, etc etc... Cain and Abel stuff.... New World I guess.... Shame....

Man just found out someone who i was following on here had a much worse night/day than me.... So in his honor i will just say that even if you think you are doing good or right, just know there are others who love to see others fail just outta envy, jealousy, etc etc... Cain and Abel stuff.... New World I guess.... Shame....

That's just really fucking sad dude. World would be a much happier and nicer place if people would just stop being assholes. Be kind, selfless, compassionate, etc. Greed and jealousy is killing everything it touches. :(

So, I figured out the whole smart phone camera gig ... Not really worth it as anyone who is blue tooth capable can access it.. Also figured out the cost on private cameras and they are not bad at all, way cheaper than smartphone gig apples to apples... storage is the key, cant control when I am away from garden... Doors will be secured... Now i am a little more at ease and can get started for the final push outside.... starting to get warmer during the day up near 50 so I am getting the fever... I dont care who you are, if you in it to win it, You are excited up here right now... I am guessing, definately guessing, but the week before New Moon in May should be late enough... Probably cover with Clear Plastic at night for first week or so.... Back on track... Green Day all

Today is a day of learning for me... I am going to re veg a plant that I had started budding, but seems to be resistent... I has been 20 plus days and only pistils everywhere, no buds really forming... I am gonna give it a good hair cut and prepare it for the journey outside... Then let it resist mother nature lol.. pics to follow

Let’s see how quickly she responds. What lighting is she under? I mean what light schedule?

I trim more aggressively than you. Lol! I cut the stems back too.

Hey... sorry to read you have security issues. I’ve heard some dastardly stories over the years. Be safe.

Awwwe now the light thing, I have it under 20/4 now got it timed so as to match sunset ish right now to mimic its move.... The actual light itself is a couple of broad spectrum 65k flouros, will be switching the light set up after i empty out grow room... everything at this point is temporary starter stuff... including grow area, may move that before next winter, it is kinda a pain in the ummm back i guess to go downstairs to grow room as i have to go outside down a hill around the house duck in a door and only 3 and a half feet high there to another door, then down into grow area where i can actually stand up on concrete tho... i know bitch bitch, it is definately better than a kick in the shorts.. lol at least it is legal...

Lol! Well we have that, don’t we? Legal is good. Lol!

Today is the day.... I am gonna lock down room got all the locks and etc. Also I have had 3 headbands and 1 cali D cloning for about two weeks, i am trying a newer way of cloning i was shown by my friend.... My method works about eight outta ten times and I am more than happy with that but Indicas have always been a drawn out process as far as time goes... So as with many people here I am a sponge when it comes to knowledge ( even if i have to write it down, i am getting older and my memory for small details is too lmao) Any who

Ok so it is Sat. and time for the weekly update.... I cleared up some security issues, cut back a budding female tho not budding worth a sh..t.... re veg in process should be alright but i now have about 5 to 7 of each strain so it will be ok... I have found that outdoors these plants think and i mean think they are free and they go nuts... With a generous garden site and a ton of other growing vegetables it will turn out to be a very busy summer... and here it isnt really even spring like yet.. maybe even snow on weds... damn tired of snow.. The Sativas of the group have been growing really well almost 3 inches this week, tho some are getting rootbound I just want to transplant one more time so they can wait lol... Indica based are filling more than growin at this time and I intend to keep them around 4 feet tall at most, but almost that much around ( fingers crossed lol )... Most of the snow around my area has melted enough that i can get to my loam piles to start workin in compost... Irony would be that i cant get to my compost pile yet lol... IDK just have an advanced case of Cabin Fever lmao... Last couple of things i gotta do today so as to have a well deserved day off tomorrow is some cleaning, mixing of nutes, little trimming on to mothers and possibly a couple more clones starting... I plan on doing some gifting come begining of grow season, with hopefully a couple more strains to join fam...n

Good Green Day all and belated Happy Easter, if it is important to you,... Quick today, I am busy as hell today... Lucky warm days here for a couple of days so time to get on one of my three compostings... This one is three plus old now turned and covered... From here the only other thing i have to do to it, other than plant, is mix in some of my own personal compost slurry, will give a basic recipe for that a little later with pics of some results... This is a superb mix from a farm of loam and sand to make a seriously Unique growing medium.. For outdoor growth this is the cats meow, but again results talk and that will come later... Busy Busy getting ready to move the girls, Be Prepared, it will save your back... Early in the season I am ummmm a little plump so gotta take it easy, smoke a fatty, and then ease on in to the dirt work lol... Green Greetings

Ok so down to business.... I have been using my winter, long winter, off time to study up on all avenues of growing... Today I woke up to super sunny am, only to walk outside for a smoke and some coffee to find out, ouch 22F outside... Good news is that after a long warmish rainy day yesterday, I can now get to second compost pile... Bad news, Way to cold today tho, and probably tomorrow as well to work on it.... Ehhhh its whatever cant control the weather, so I will spend today working on those things I can control... Gonna do mid week ariation of the soil in grow room, after a good peroxide bath last week all the girls have responded with decent growth... This also keeps gnats population down as well... Trying real hard to keep my now teenage girls under control, and every dad knows what that means... Excessive work lmao... I am now in a serious situation with my first round of clones as they are getting really root bound... I am torn because I dont wanna transplant two times in a month and a half.... I really am surprised that they grew so quickly.... I guess at least it will stunt the growth some, and it doesnt show signs of stress really at all... Yet.. Well thats the whole ball of wax for this bored yet inspired day.. Looking forward to warmer weather for myself as well.... Green Days and Bountiful Harvests to all that it applies

Back
Top Bottom