Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

I'm pleased to announce that the Mother's Day Special 12th episode of THE REPS ARE RIGHT will take place tomorrow; Sunday, May 11th at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Join Staff Writer & Head Judge King John C, Moderator Cannafan, Judge Jimmy6000, myself, and the rest of TRAR team for a short gathering of minds. Details below in my Signature.

Thank you everyone! I just love watching plants mature. Maturity is a good thing. ;-)
Here are some pics. First is the B-59 Reveg White Widow, some of her buds.

5-11-14_B-59_Reveg_WW.jpg

5-11-14_B-59_Reveg_WW_2.jpg

And here is the Fruit Auto, she is getting so tall!

5-11_Fruit_Auto_1.jpg

5-11_Fruit_Auto_2.jpg

Well, I have to say that I am happy with what I got for a harvest on the smaller Boo Boo girl, considering the error that happened with the lights. These buds are much thicker and heavier than the first Harvest I did on the original plants on round one of this journal. I believe that it's due to the HPS I use now for flowering vs. CFL lighting.

Here's what I got for buds and trim off the MK1 Clone:

5-11-14_Buds_MK1.jpg

5-11-14_Buds_2.jpg

5-11-14_Trichomes.jpg

Some clear, some milky and some amber.

Congrats Partner...

Hey Canna, what resolution do you set your camera on (matter of fact, what settings in general;) you always take such nice photos.

Hi Jam,
I always take my pics with the highest resolution on the camera. The pictures are huge when I transfer them for uploading/cropping, but it's worth it to me. I just resize how I need them.
Also, it really helps to have a tripod. Despite how you try to hold a camera steady, even with image stabilization features...there's going to be camera shake. Especially with close up pictures. The closer you are the more that camera has to be steady. If you are a coffee drinker, such as myself, this causes issues. LOL
Tripods are really cheap these days, you can find them at Goodwill and Salvation army places all the time.
Even if you have to prop your camera up with something in the meantime, a bean bag or something that it will sit securely on is really helpful.
When you take the picture, don't push that button with a hard snap...push it down gently to prevent camera shake. I have a remote trigger for my large digital camera. That prevents camera shake all together. Back in the day, there used to be a cable that you could screw into the shutter button that you press at the end of the cable for that, but they don't offer that feature on point and shoot digi-cameras.
That's all I can think of for now.
Oh, keep the lens clean with a soft cloth. A dirty lens will give you what appears to be unfocused pictures. Don't ever use windex or any other solvent cleaners on a camera lens. It destroys the coatings on the lenses. A soft cloth dampened, or a q-tip dampened works well.
Hope that helps!

Gorgeous!!!

Hi Jam,
I always take my pics with the highest resolution on the camera. The pictures are huge when I transfer them for uploading/cropping, but it's worth it to me. I just resize how I need them.
Also, it really helps to have a tripod. Despite how you try to hold a camera steady, even with image stabilization features...there's going to be camera shake. Especially with close up pictures. The closer you are the more that camera has to be steady. If you are a coffee drinker, such as myself, this causes issues. LOL
Tripods are really cheap these days, you can find them at Goodwill and Salvation army places all the time.
Even if you have to prop your camera up with something in the meantime, a bean bag or something that it will sit securely on is really helpful.
When you take the picture, don't push that button with a hard snap...push it down gently to prevent camera shake. I have a remote trigger for my large digital camera. That prevents camera shake all together. Back in the day, there used to be a cable that you could screw into the shutter button that you press at the end of the cable for that, but they don't offer that feature on point and shoot digi-cameras.
That's all I can think of for now.
Oh, keep the lens clean with a soft cloth. A dirty lens will give you what appears to be unfocused pictures. Don't ever use windex or any other solvent cleaners on a camera lens. It destroys the coatings on the lenses. A soft cloth dampened, or a q-tip dampened works well.
Hope that helps!

Thanks! Given my current photography acumen, it most certainly won't hurt, lol!

Back
Top Bottom