First Berry White Closet Grow

Moved the closet around to open up the light footprint & it's like a jungle in there!
420-magazine-mobile392498810.jpg

Matilda is 23" across with 13 good tops!
420-magazine-mobile921326428.jpg

Glodean will not be outdone! She's just as wide with as many tops, just a little shorter~
420-magazine-mobile1412525737.jpg

Looks like the girls are loving the extra space so far~ happy happy mama~

Moved the closet around to open up the light footprint & it's like a jungle in there!
420-magazine-mobile392498810.jpg

Matilda is 23" across with 13 good tops!
420-magazine-mobile921326428.jpg

Glodean will not be outdone! She's just as wide with as many tops, just a little shorter~
420-magazine-mobile1412525737.jpg

Looks like the girls are loving the extra space so far~ happy happy mama~

Now yer cookin' vesp! I'm sure they will try to claim all that extra space back though! :)

Indeed, snarly! Claudette already has a tree trunk... I'm excited to see how much they grow in flower!
Same here, my girls haven't exploded upwards yet but it's only gonna be a week into flower tomorrow, although i did measure distance from light to highest node and they went from 12in away from light to 10in away so they are getting ready for the stretch!

Same here, my girls haven't exploded upwards yet but it's only gonna be a week into flower tomorrow, although i did measure distance from light to highest node and they went from 12in away from light to 10in away so they are getting ready for the stretch!

Are you going to raise the light yet? I'm trying my damndest to keep the lights between the 10-12" mark.
On my first grow, I had the light as high as she could go at the end, and the girls were still sending out scouts that brushed up against the light. So trying to control stretch now.

Are you going to raise the light yet? I'm trying my damndest to keep the lights between the 10-12" mark.
On my first grow, I had the light as high as she could go at the end, and the girls were still sending out scouts that brushed up against the light. So trying to control stretch now.
I only raised it back to 12 in above canopy, i like your idea about keeping it close to keep them as short and bushy as possible. I mean it makes sense that the further away a light source is the more the plant stretches, we've seen it a million times in these forums when people keep their cfls 12 in away from seedlings and they stretch and fall over. Keeping it 10-12 in seems like a great idea so I'm gonna stick with it and see how it goes. Thanks for the great advice snarly!

Mine seem wider then tall, havent moved my light yet
I have an hid as well & I feel mine grow wider as well jesse~ do you currently have a metal halide bulb in or an hps? I got an hps bulb for flowering~

I like that we all have different lights so we can see the differences! It's a big science experiment!

I only raised it back to 12 in above canopy, i like your idea about keeping it close to keep them as short and bushy as possible. I mean it makes sense that the further away a light source is the more the plant stretches, we've seen it a million times in these forums when people keep their cfls 12 in away from seedlings and they stretch and fall over. Keeping it 10-12 in seems like a great idea so I'm gonna stick with it and see how it goes. Thanks for the great advice snarly!

You do realize that that's just my theory, right? ;)
It's been working for me so far, but I would hate if someone damaged a crop because of what I do.

I was very lucky. Once I got my permit, my wonderful GF suggested I take the whole tax return this year and make in her words "the biggest baddest grow op you possibly can". Being disabled I actually do pretty well for a tax return so it gave me a decent budget. I feel I maxed out what could be done with the money I had. Ive gone over of course needing extra things you cant plan for, but its been amazing. The plan is a perpetual harvest with a monthly cost of less then I used to spend on meds.

With my healthcare about to be revoked I'm glad to have my medicine growing! I have a good handful of preexisting conditions listed on the new bill that will keep me from being able to get healthcare now... I'm so glad I was able to wean off the literal hundreds of meds a day... over 100 pills a day~ thank you God for this beautiful plant!

Back
Top Bottom