First Berry White Closet Grow

I love you guys! I'm trying to catch up on everyone's grows... had a good fun filled weekend & everyone has 4+ pages to read! Lol
So lesson learned should be...don't get ill again!!!

I'm so excited to start flowering! I've decided that I'll start the 36 hour dark period tonight when lights go out then I'll have lights on between 9am & 9pm for the duration~ so excited!

I'm so excited to start flowering! I've decided that I'll start the 36 hour dark period tonight when lights go out then I'll have lights on between 9am & 9pm for the duration~ so excited!
I don't do the dark period thing. I just hit the timers and take 6 hours off to get to 12/12 :)

Nevermind i read up on it a bit and is a very interesting idea, let us know how you like it, i know you won't have anything to compare it to but I'm curious if your girls will start bud growth within the first week, definitely gonna keep an eye on this one!
I was wondering why too, but will be watching. If you think it makes a difference, I'll try it next time :thumb:

I was wondering why too, but will be watching. If you think it makes a difference, I'll try it next time :thumb:
From what i read it has something to do with a hormone our girls create while lights are out that quickly dissipates when the lights come back on because it is light sensitive, so apparently keeping them in the dark helps promote this hormone being made for a long enough time that when the lights do kick back on the plant knows it's life cycle is coming to an end and starts producing buds at a slightly faster rate. Apparently it doesn't shorten flower time but shortens the amount of time the plant takes to start concentrating on growing buds. I'll try to find the link for what i was reading, it was an old 420 magazine thread.

From what i read it has something to do with a hormone our girls create while lights are out that quickly dissipates when the lights come back on because it is light sensitive, so apparently keeping them in the dark helps promote this hormone being made for a long enough time that when the lights do kick back on the plant knows it's life cycle is coming to an end and starts producing buds at a slightly faster rate. Apparently it doesn't shorten flower time but shortens the amount of time the plant takes to start concentrating on growing buds. I'll try to find the link for what i was reading, it was an old 420 magazine thread.
If it doesn't shorten flower time, do we assume it gives greater yield?

Hey guys! Thanks for doing all the legwork Leo! I don't think it does anything for flowering time, I believe it just kick starts the hormones for flowering. Just made sense to me back when I started researching so I wrote it down~

That's what I'm thinking, from what i got its a head start on developing buds.that link i posted is what i was reading on the subject.
I went and took a look. Quite interesting. Some very good points made there. I would need to look into it further though before I would try it. Right now I'm happy with my girls taking their time to develop buds, kinda like having a warm up while getting ready for the big game. And as the one poster mentioned, when lights are out there is no photosynthesis happening. I'm sure it can't hurt anything, but I want to be sure I get the basics down before I wander off the beaten path. One less thing to worry about if something goes wrong, and you have to try to figure out where.

Good morning beautiful people! I started my dark period last night & almost went downstairs to check on them out of habit! Staying out of the basement closet is going to be hard today!

Good morning beautiful people! I started my dark period last night & almost went downstairs to check on them out of habit! Staying out of the basement closet is going to be hard today!
Morning vesp :thumb:
So your flip is officially started. One question I have for you. What are you going to call "Day 1 flower". Today? Tomorrow?
I am calling my flip Day 1 flower today. My timers are on 12/12, so for me, that makes it the first day.
It must be killing you to stay out of the basement. So in support for you, I have completed my morning garden chores, and I will refrain from looking in the tent until tomorrow morning :thumb:

Oh snarly, you are one wonderful garden-mate... but I was thinking maybe you double your checks for me... LOL~ just kidding, you do what you do cuz it works~ I'm calling today, the full moon, as flip day one because it's the true disruption in their original lighting schedule~ I let the lights go out at their normal time last night. Since I wasn't able to get the panda film like I wanted I'm going to make sure to not open any of the 3 doors they're behind during their dark period. I suspect I might have to make a sign for myself...

Oh snarly, you are one wonderful garden-mate... but I was thinking maybe you double your checks for me... LOL~ just kidding, you do what you do cuz it works~ I'm calling today, the full moon, as flip day one because it's the true disruption in their original lighting schedule~ I let the lights go out at their normal time last night. Since I wasn't able to get the panda film like I wanted I'm going to make sure to not open any of the 3 doors they're behind during their dark period. I suspect I might have to make a sign for myself...
It's hard staying away vesp lol. You know how I have that blanket over the door of my main flower tent to reduce light leaks from zipper?
Well, I just hung one of those heavy movers blankets over the flip tent. So only thing I will be checking for the rest of the day will be the timers. :high-five:

Snarly you are a good guy cause there's no way i could resist the temptation to check on my girls . and vesp you honestly might need to put a sign up, we are creatures of habit and for the last couple months or so you've been checking on them daily, i still do shit out of habit like flip my bedroom light on during dark periods, i have my cabinet sealed up but I'd rather not take chances.

Back
Top Bottom