First Grow Attempt - Coerdringer's Soil Auto AK-47 Feminized Grow Journal - 2017

Merry weedmas guys!

Hope your day and preparations for holidays are going amazing!

Yesterday I looked at trichs and it seems that few more ambers appeared at the top, and it's one week int flush, so I think I'll chop before december ends. But I'm considering cutting off only the most mature ones, and leaving for a few days more the lower, less mature ones. I only hope I didn't flush it too early, but it seems that hey are ripping a little, day by day.
You'll see on the photos I'm going to attach below.

So, as I said earlier, the harvest day is incoming, probably in a week. Then trimming and drying, and afterwards(I need to buy the jars) curing. I think I won't go more than two weeks whole. Depends how drying goes, and then curing.

And now, the photos:

Shorter one:

TLT_7690.jpg
TLT_7691.jpg
TLT_7693.jpg

Taller one:

TLT_7694.jpg
TLT_7695.jpg
TLT_7696.jpg

Whole picture

TLT_7697.jpg

Happy holidays!

Hey penny, can I have a question to you? I am checking the trichs everyday. And I know I've said earlier that I saw few amber ones, but apparently I can't find any amber one now. How am I supposed to know, in what stage is my plant now? - Regarding my previous concern about the potency. I've read that in some plants, the trichs may not change the colour until after harvesting. It seems that the buds actually stopped rippening, but I am not so sure, since it's my first grow, and I wouldn't want to waste any day that my plant could use to get bigger at least a little.

In short:
buds stopped getting bigger in my opinion(at least the top ones, not counting few lower ones, where I bought the second lamp only like 2 weeks ago);

I don't see any amber trichomes, and most I would say cloudy(or mix of clear and cloudy);

in recent days, pistils are rather getting brown, than appearing new;

more and more fan leaves are getting yellow, and some of them already fell off;

apparently it's not drinking so much water now(although I don't see that much of a difference, so I'm not sure);

Should I harvest or wait week or two more?

Nevermind my question, I think I've decided. I'll wait at least a week more(if not two). And when all the fan leaves fall off, I'll harvest. I'll probably harvest the most mature ones, and leave the less mature ones be, for a couple of days more.

Little update. Here's a pic of the main cola, trichomes on top

20180105_002149.jpg

I've decided, with the help of few other members, that I will cut only the main one, the biggest area, where I saw these amber ones. So this way I can move down the main light, and I'll let the rest mature with better light.

So tomorrow main cola is cut, and drying process starts

Hello guys. How are you? Good?

Good. I'm still waiting for the rest of the plant to mature, in the mean time of my jar curing.

20180112_145631.jpg

Look at one of the buds

20180112_145811.jpg

Next monday it's gonna be a week of cure, and technically it will be optimal for smoking. But of course it all depends if I didn't dry it too fast, cure in the right humidity(and this is what I am afraid too, alongside of too quick drying), and... Well I think these are the main ones. But of course, I tried it twice in the recent days - one by making a little blunt, and second time vaporizing a little ammount(1/3 of cfx chamber), and I admit it was pleasant. During smoke as I said I sued a little, just to get a taste and feel, and I must say I expected to get less higher, so indeed this strain is strong. And if it comes to vaping, to be honest I don't feel any taste so far, or a little christmas taste(I mean it tastes kinda like the tree), but it got me high, so again I am proud of this strain, but we will see how will it go when I harvest and get ready the rest of my plants.
Cheers!

Oh, and what do you think of the buds? Not that dense, but I read that sativas can have buds like that.

And about the christmas taste on them - I tasted the buds from a dealer, and the difference is huge. I can't say yet which one was better, but I think mine is much stronger. And the smell of the buds, with also smell of the smoke is much different than from "my"(well not exactly "mine", since I only discovered this man during the last holiday) dealer

Hello guys, it's been a while... Huh... 2 months. Well here it is, the chop day.
Take a last look at them, because in a several hours, they're gonna be naked and trimmed, ready to hang.

20180129_100329.jpg
20180129_100353.jpg
20180129_100408.jpg
20180129_100413.jpg
20180129_100420.jpg

It's been a journey, quite longer thanI have expected. I was sure that not longer than during christmas, I will be done, after proper dry an cure. But it stretched quite a lot. I was aiming for around 70 days, but here I am after almost 4 months - with a automatic strain, which I expected to be able to get quick results. Well, I didn't predict the fact that this is an estimated time with stronger light, even if technically my light should be just enough. But maybe it means that my yield will not be small, but it will just take more time.
Anyway, I think it's not that bad for a first grow, even with my equipment. :D I don't know when I may start a new grow, but this time I will be more prepared and I will be able to adjust the grow properly to my tent. Not sure if, when, or what will I upgrade in my next grow, we will see how it goes.

So, I will see you after I'm done trimming.

Uhhh... I forgot to post the other one, since I didn't do it that day, and then I forgot. :| Anyway, all jarred now, and... It's all finished. Over 4 months... Jesus... It was really pleasant for me to have that journey with all of you. Big thanks for Penny for coming by with help, even when sometimes I probably just overthought it. Not sure how big the yield is, but I'd guess it's around... 80g(2.82 ounces)? I'm not sure. To be honest, I was hoping for a lot more, but with my ligh... Oh well... :D Anyway, I think my next grow I will start only after I get really good light. I mean like... I don't know, 400W? 600? I need to do a research, how to adjust it to my tent. I don't want to overlight it. And I probably won't change my tent, that's for sure. I don't need more space, and from what I've learned, you can do miracles with only one plant and enough light. This time, I will probably use scrog, and maybe one more fan. I'll probably also upgarde the ventilation fan. But I think with 400W led light, and fans blowing on all the buds I should do really well. But for that, I need money, which currently I don't have(well not that much at least) ;)

I would really be happy to say "see you soon", but with "But for that, I need money, which currently I don't have" that being said, we all know that it will be in a long time. So thank you for your help and attention, and see you in the future(I'm certain at some point I'm going to start a new grow, whether it would be when I get the money, or cultivation and recreation is allowed globally, or I am financially independent)
Bye

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom