Archiweedies First Grow - Soil - LED - Super Lemon Haze - 2017

Well, I fed the younger girls and gave another flush of ph'ed water to Big Sis. She's a little frosty but honestly I can tell Lil Sis is gonna be a much better harvest. I'm not too disappointed though cause I took a sample bud and dried it for two days and cured for three. It smelled like hay so bad, but I just had to try it. Could be placebo, but it was really not too bad. Didn't smell good or taste good though haha. I'm continuing to burp the jar daily and it is getting much more like its namesake in the smell department. This was the reason I decided to start flushing her. But really, she's so damn dark from when I gave her too much nitrogen, I might just flush her for at least two maybe three weeks if I can. The trichs are all milky, no ambers that I've seen, so we're not in too much of a rush. I just want that real estate in the grow box.

Lights on tonight and I am getting blown away by smell and the frost on lil Sis's leaves. Didn't get a photo, tomorrow I'll snap some. Stoners honor .

I took a sample about a week ago, dried 48 hours totally exposed to light the whole time like a moron, then cured for about 5 days in a jar burping daily. Rolled my first joint of it today. This was a bud fro Big Sis btw. It's still got a hay smell to it but it's getting less hay smelling by the day for sure. The smoke is very lemony and super smooth. I am blown away with where this weed took me. I got a fairly high tolerance at least I think I do. It got me baked and for way longer than the two hour long buzz dispensary stuff I get. Is it placebo? This is the first time I've grown my own weed, is their usually a big difference between home grown and dispensary?

Alright, it's done I chopped Big Sis... she's hogging room. Pics to follow and wet weight. Got a busy night before I get back. The buds are less than impressive, but the plant was severely stunted. Stay tuned...

Green Leaves and Good Vibes

Congrats on the harvest! I dont know what the difference is archi but it depends on the strain and how that strain is grown. They probably grow commercially and their buds just arent the best man. Our buds we are growing are basically hand made so it may have some sort of placebo effect since we are mentally attached to them.. but at the same time i dont think so i have a crazy tolerance too and my buds are freaking amazing man. I would have easily paid 25 a g back in the day for this stuff.

Alright here we are. It's my first time trimming obviously and I was in a hurry. So the weight may be inflated because of excessive sugar leaves here and there. 127g wet so factoring in 75%moisture loss right around a zip maybe? Not bad considering how stunted and abused that little lady was

A moment of silence...
420-magazine-mobile670127988.jpg

420-magazine-mobile343011956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile178060979.jpg
420-magazine-mobile338816975.jpg
420-magazine-mobile223103046.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1551522865.jpg

I'm going to try low and slow drying. So in the fridge we go for two weeks or more to dry.

So we got Blueberry Puffin
420-magazine-mobile614365478.jpg
Did some LST to her to help expose bud sites now that I have more room.

Lil Sis is so damn frosty, it's sexy.
420-magazine-mobile1021328952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1062510574.jpg

I noticed some folks like to bust up their plant and check the roots. I found it educational. I'm surprised the roots weren't closer to the bag. Maybe that's the air pruning they talk about grow bags doing.

420-magazine-mobile515951877.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1792650661.jpg

imo your over watering, they cant take the watering everyday , in full flower the last few weeks possibly . treat the coco like soil , you will see a big diff. they grow slow or won't grow , stretch very little when you flip to 12/12.
i use cal mag 1/2 recommended dose every feed. i never flush . 2 or 3 x through the flower cycle i will feed ph'd water only . i never let the ph go below 6 . from 6-6.1 i've never had a problem in 3 full cycles. i aerate the water for min of 20min everytime , i don't know how to load photos to prove it to you, throughout the plants life not a blemish . in soil i had same newbie problems like everyone else . coco is very forgiving but not bulletproof.
i read most of your journal , there was a clone issue. i dont use any root gel etc , i cut it at 45 deg angle , put the clone in ph'd to 6 water for 24hrs. then put it in soaked rockwool cube , in a dome for 10-14days and roots will be showing 100% of the time. i never add anything until i see roots.sorry to butt in but i went through same thing with coco my 1st time .

imo your over watering, they cant take the watering everyday , in full flower the last few weeks possibly . treat the coco like soil , you will see a big diff. they grow slow or won't grow , stretch very little when you flip to 12/12.
i use cal mag 1/2 recommended dose every feed. i never flush . 2 or 3 x through the flower cycle i will feed ph'd water only . i never let the ph go below 6 . from 6-6.1 i've never had a problem in 3 full cycles. i aerate the water for min of 20min everytime , i don't know how to load photos to prove it to you, throughout the plants life not a blemish . in soil i had same newbie problems like everyone else . coco is very forgiving but not bulletproof.
i read most of your journal , there was a clone issue. i dont use any root gel etc , i cut it at 45 deg angle , put the clone in ph'd to 6 water for 24hrs. then put it in soaked rockwool cube , in a dome for 10-14days and roots will be showing 100% of the time. i never add anything until i see roots.sorry to butt in but i went through same thing with coco my 1st time .

Not butting in at all, I welcome you and your observations. I'll be honest, I think watering daily is great if your kinda teasing them with the water. I do tend to overwater. I thought coco would be more forgiving and it has been. I am getting the hang of watering my outdoor plants so I feel more confident about watering in general. I have read that many folks treat coco like soil. I think I'll take your advice. The last thing I need is more humidity in that box lol.

I'm not sure what you meant about my clone issue. I haven't had any experience with clones. I appreciate you laying out your process. I would like to learn more about cloning.

I truly appreciate the comments and welcome to my grow .

Looking forward to the pics, Archi! And glad to hear you had a fantastic Fathers Day!
:high-five:

Thanks brother. .Lights on in half hour. It's hot as hell out there today

So I finally got some decently dried herb from big Sis. It's not fully cured, just got a 10 pack of boveda 62's. Been using my old stash boveda haha. Anyways the smell isn't all the way there, but it's real close and getting better daily. The taste is what you expect. Lemon heads on the exhale, man it's nice. I like the euphoric stone. It hit me in a way that dispensary buds don't do ya know. All that aside, Lil Sis is twice the plant big Sis was imo. I can't wait to dry and cure lil Sis and do a side by side.

The weather has been just horrendous from a grow standpoint. Much thanks for air conditioning. I decided to make some butter for me and a friend. He had some trim and some wimpy buds from the plants nethers I spose'. Anyways that and big Sis's waste and voila were making butter in a crockpot in my garage when it's 100 outside lol. I'm on a real edible kick right now. It all started when I ate a gram of avb the other night. I had tried this before and I tried making butter before but it didn't work on me. Then I started eliminating variables and realized My avb was too dark, and my butter was cooked on high rather than low. I fixed the avb problem, and I'm working on the burning off the thc problem. ( see above .)

Blueberry Puffin is doing great now. She finally started to develop buds haha. She's kinda growing a lot daily I think. I tread that technique where you kinda trim the top of the buds to encourage denser buds. It's an experiment. I "topped" a couple buds on lil Sis as well just for giggles. I can't recall the first place I saw that, it was just a couple days ago in Penny's journal(maybe?). Looks intriguing.

I attempted the low and slow style drying where you dry the buds in the refrigerator but my garage temps were just too hot where my fridge is. I ended up doing paper bags. I will never trim so carelessly either haha it's easier to do wet.

Well good evening all!

Green Leaves and Good Vibes!

Back
Top Bottom