First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

I've been waiting for this for a long time. HOLY CRAP what a haul indeed!

So how long did it take you to trim and chop?

You could have told me that was 10 or so plants hanging up and I would have no problem believing it. Nice work man.

Thanks McBuds!!

It took me about two hours for the initial trim and chop but some of those buds are still real shaggy so it looks like I have more work to do.

My fingers and clippers were covered in hairy resin that I formed into a ball and smoked.

If that is any indication of the quality of the bud... Whoa!! :smokin:

:peace:

Harry

Fak dude, great harvest, so many fat colas.

Thanks so much fineas and Mota.

I did put some effort into this grow and I've learned so much. Growing inside is a different animal than growing outside.

Miss Burley was a big challenge but I'm glad I decided to transplant to the 10 gallon pot halfway through, with the urging of the members here. She wouldn't have made it in the 5 gallon. I don't plan on going this big inside again, unless I happen to get another freak like this one by accident.

I might have to cut down some of the larger colas for drying. I don't want mold or rot to set in.

I think I might need some larger jars too!! :smokin:

mb-biggerjars.jpg

Harry

Thanks notreallyhere, Ms.Fox & DaMagoMan!!

McBudz, 3..2..1 Blastoff!! :smokin:

I'm doing OK on the humidity at the moment. It's actually kind low right now (for here), around 40%, but it may rain soon and could go a lot higher. I have the colas in a closet and I turn on a fan a circulate air a few times a day in there.

I'm gonna have to break them down to get them in jars anyway so I may do that during this hanging phase. I definitely need more and bigger jars for the upcoming cure.

It took so long for Miss Burley to finish, I'm only 30 days or less from harvesting my next crop so that means more jars. ;)

I'm gonna slow down a little on the perpetual grow at this point. Having too much smoke is a good problem to have though and not something I'm accustom to. I'll be putting my clones on hold and going from seed on my next grow anyway.

Harry

Wow Harry,just wow.I'm at a loss for words.That was just simply amazing.
Never seen anything like that before.Fanfriggintastic dude!Thanks so much for sharing that grow with us,it was truly impressive.I'm gonna miss Miss Burley.I could just look at her for hours.
Looks like you're all set for a good long cure.
I'd rep you some more man but tells me I gotta spread the love around a bit first.
Farewell Miss Burley.....enjoy your new home!

I really appreciate the kind words Minus and McBudz. The support and guidance I've gotten from everyone on this site has been a blessing.

I'll definitely report back with a final weight and proper smoke test.

If I could have gotten the nutes right on Miss Burley toward the end, I think she would have been even burlier. Still, I think I got about as much out of her as I could with just a 600w HPS and few CFLs around the top cola.

I just spent two hours removing all the brown and dried up leaves and screened them for hash. I got a half of gram just outta those. There's still a ton of trimming to do but I'll let her dry a little before attempting that.

mbpipe1.jpg

Miss Burley is a sticky gooey mess, the good kind of mess though. Here's a couple of closeup pix of her drying.

mbpipe2.jpg

mbpipe3.jpg

Macro Shot

mbpipe4.jpg

I'm stoked to get a taste of this bud all dried and cured. I had 4 tokes of the screened hash and I'm blasted.

Time for another though. :smokin:

Harry

your pipe has boobs!!!! I just want to twist its nipple.... :cheesygrinsmiley: You did such a good Job Harry, Miss Burley and all her sisters were quite beautiful.... Cheers to you, keep up the good work.... :peace:

Really an amazing grow and hard to believe you only had a 600w hps....for the most part. That bud looks so sticky and i'm sure after a good cure she is gonna rock your world! That third boob on the side is kinda weird.....but hell...the more the merrier!

Hi Harry,
I was thinking that at this time of year sometimes you can get a whole case of mason jars with lids and all for real cheap at wally, or most chain like target and all. Looks like you're gonna need it. Again congrats to you for the awsome photos. All this just gives all the rest of us more incentive to do what you did.
Again the TLC you give< I believe makes you closer to the plant, You are close enough to her to see her needs and provide the care to keep her nice and healthy. I am a firm beliver in that you get out of your babies what you put in...
You must have loved what you were doing hey?
fineas

Just amazing and beautiful Harry... Gratz

Peace :roorrip:

Thanks so much 4204all, SG, fin, flyfish & Run!!

I wanted to report back in on the dry weight and smoke test.

Miss Burley filled 12 Qrt jars, 1 huge pickle jar and I had an Oz+ of scrub that I screened for hash. I'll conservatively say 9oz, maybe a bit more.

She has a very strong high but it's not as sweet tasting as I'd like. Although, I'm sure the taste will improve as it cures. It's full of crystals and only it takes a few buds to screen out some great hash.

Here's some pix!!

msdry1.jpg

msdry2.jpg

msdry3.jpg

I've sure got a lot more than a bargained for on this first grow. The money I've saved has more than payed for my entire setup. Everything from here on out is gravy.

I would like to thank everyone on 420mag for all the help and guidance that I've been given. The grow came a really long way from those little seedings in the phototron.

Peace and happy tokes to everyone!! :smokin:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom