First Grow: Mental Floss & Satori

You got a nice little garden started there bro. They look very healthy indeed, I'll have to keep an eye on this grow for one because I have never seen or even heard of these strains before.

Keep those babies happy my friend..

Best of luck to ya..

MI Grower- thanks so much for the kind words. though, I find it funny how people assume I am a guy LOL :eek:) guess not too many girls get into this stuff? its ok I can deal with that just sort of made me chuckle a lil

Its great to see a female grower (besides someones wife that tags along) You are doing great, keep it up and thanks for stopping by my journal.

Doin great chica! :goodjob:

Munks is doing a satori grow, its an awesome strain, you are going to enjoy that for sure!

+rep for 100% germ rate

MI Grower- thanks so much for the kind words. though, I find it funny how people assume I am a guy LOL :eek:) guess not too many girls get into this stuff? its ok I can deal with that just sort of made me chuckle a lil

My bad sweety, I meant no disrespect.

Do your thang Miss Thang!!

:welcome: to 420 there young lady, I hope you enjoy our community..

Hey Bean

I'm growing Satori as well. Had all sorts of problems with it. Couldn't figure it out and almost scrapped the grow. It wasn't Ph, nute burn, lack of air... just couldn't figure it out.

When I put them into flowering they just took off and now look great. Strange grow.

I haven't done a journal, but I plan on starting one even though I'm in week two of flowering.

Here's some good news: out of 10 seeds, I had 6 make it. But all 6 turned out to be female.

I also found that the plant's leaves look like an indica, but the plant itself grows like a sativa.

Good journal so far. Keep up the good work!

more pictures, more pictures!

Nice job so far, looks very tidy work and will watch with interest.

Dig that notion of good and bad smoke for sure, some definately can make you more agitated. I have been smoking for over 20 years or so but there is a lot to be learnt still from these high thc plants and I do think some of them will actually give more amunnition to the anti brigades. A more thorough guide to the different strains would be very useful, something i suspect 420 themselves would like to have.

doh! i deleted my post.

LOL

noreastfog- who knew how rewarding that might be. I had no idea how much information was really out there about different strains or what their effects are. That seems pretty common too, I have heard so many people say "I get anxiety from weed" but I know now that its really not weed, but that particular weed- people seem mystified when I tell them they should try some indica instead of the sativa that is so common here. Goes to show you how uneducated the general, even pro-MJ public is about the plant itself.

MI Grower- I don't think its disrespectful, I see a lot of girls get that on their threads too but just don't say anything about it :eek:) I don't have kids or want them, but I had to nurture somethin! Thanks for the welcome :eek:)

DroJo- thanks for +rep! I'll have to make my way over to Munks grow- seems like a popular strain, we bought our seeds and the next week they were sold out. Can't wait for that first bowl full :eek:P

Caddie- let me know when you get that journal up, I'd love to see them! We're having a strange issue right now with the seedlings (I'll post pics) - they haven't been too fussy so far but startin to see a bit of evidence of weirdness. how long did you veg before throwin them into flower?

Newsisnoise- as soon as I get my battery charged up on my camera I will be invading the kid's privacy and taking pictures of them :eek:)

Sorry missed this post 3lions- try the overgrow strain guide- its been archived. Not every strain is on there, but its one of the more complete guides, some strains have very detailed grow/smoke reports for them, from a few different people and ratings out of 10

Febuary 16th Pics Updated

Just took new pictures tonite:

Here's my cab setup after adjustments this weekend- took out middle shelf that blocked airflow and put 2 5" wide boards in its place.

cabsetup.jpg

Here's the Mental Floss Kids

Feb16MentalFloss.jpg

Here's the Satori's lookin good and bushy

Feb16Satori.jpg

Have a look at Satori #3 up close, the monster of the group.

Feb16Satori3.jpg

There seems to be a couple different growing styles happening here in the Satoris

Feb16SatoriPhenos.jpg

They are even a different shade of green if you look close

Feb16SatoriPhenostop.jpg

and the leaf weirdness, first curly leaves in the satoris

Feb16satoricurl.jpg

And... well, whatever this is with the Mental Floss

Feb16weirdleaf.jpg

Anybody had this happen?

Wow I spend a lot of time with these guys. LOL :rollit:

Cheers

Hey Bean

I'm growing Satori as well. Had all sorts of problems with it. Couldn't figure it out and almost scrapped the grow. It wasn't Ph, nute burn, lack of air... just couldn't figure it out.

When I put them into flowering they just took off and now look great. Strange grow.

I haven't done a journal, but I plan on starting one even though I'm in week two of flowering.

Here's some good news: out of 10 seeds, I had 6 make it. But all 6 turned out to be female.

I also found that the plant's leaves look like an indica, but the plant itself grows like a sativa.

Good journal so far. Keep up the good work!

LOL! Satori does look indica! very chubby cabbages! We all noticed that in my grow!
Leen, you are doing great!
PS, the description of Satori says keep the nutes way low - i think your leaves are having a bit of nute burn.

LOL! Satori does look indica! very chubby cabbages! We all noticed that in my grow!
Leen, you are doing great!
PS, the description of Satori says keep the nutes way low - i think your leaves are having a bit of nute burn.

I saw a bit of leaf trauma but nothing to worry about. I agree with Tiger Balm that Satori is known to do well with low nutrients so you may notice some burning early on even with some potting soils. So, go easy on additional nutrients later in the grow.

Re: Febuary 16th Pics Updated

Just took new pictures tonite:

Here's my cab setup after adjustments this weekend- took out middle shelf that blocked airflow and put 2 5" wide boards in its place.

cabsetup.jpg

Here's the Mental Floss Kids

Feb16MentalFloss.jpg

Here's the Satori's lookin good and bushy

Feb16Satori.jpg

Have a look at Satori #3 up close, the monster of the group.

Feb16Satori3.jpg

There seems to be a couple different growing styles happening here in the Satoris

Feb16SatoriPhenos.jpg

They are even a different shade of green if you look close

Feb16SatoriPhenostop.jpg

and the leaf weirdness, first curly leaves in the satoris

Feb16satoricurl.jpg

And... well, whatever this is with the Mental Floss

Feb16weirdleaf.jpg

Anybody had this happen?

Wow I spend a lot of time with these guys. LOL :rollit:

Cheers

lookin good! honestly i try not to have too many anxiety attacks with leaves. Cause one thing I've learned is a perfectly healthy plant will have one leaf that might indicate N deficiency while another is showin N toxicity and absolutely nothing is wrong with the plant! Very often my leaf issues resolve on their own. But i'd keep my eye on it, and if it gets worse then start taking steps to correct it. Lookin great & bushy, and your journal is rockin now :woohoo::cheer:

dro :nomo:

Sorry missed this post 3lions- try the overgrow strain guide- its been archived. Not every strain is on there, but its one of the more complete guides, some strains have very detailed grow/smoke reports for them, from a few different people and ratings out of 10

Thanks man. looks very useful, once had found decent website that utilises it. Typcially doesnt have the one I was looking for but sure I will be trying many varieties.

:thumb:

Re: Febuary 16th Pics Updated

lookin good! honestly i try not to have too many anxiety attacks with leaves. Cause one thing I've learned is a perfectly healthy plant will have one leaf that might indicate N deficiency while another is showin N toxicity and absolutely nothing is wrong with the plant! Very often my leaf issues resolve on their own. But i'd keep my eye on it, and if it gets worse then start taking steps to correct it. Lookin great & bushy, and your journal is rockin now :woohoo::cheer:

dro :nomo:

Yeah, and considering the potting soil is enriched in nutrients but the material isn't uniform like a liquid so when the roots reach a nutrient rich part, the leaf it feeds will be over nuted while another root segment just hits low nutrient areas for days and results in an under-nuted leaf or two. Once the seedling or clone gets settled with roots throughout the container, then you can more easily spot a true nutrient condition from the now substantial foliage that it should have.

Really, if you do go soil, your buds will improve along with your own soil making skills. Look up sub cool's super soil. Many swear by it and it reports to allow a full grow of a plant with only having to water it. No additional nutrients are necessary. Sounds great to me.

Dirt isn't just dirt :eek:)

Thanks for the feedback guys, this thread is getting busy :eek:) I used miracle grow seedling mix, but I can see what you're sayin about it being inconsistent when the fertilizer is mixed into the soil, before they got any actual nute solution in liquid form there was a yellow blotch on one of the first real pairs of leaves that had come up, maybe one of the first bits of root hitting the soil. I haven't seen any more burns in the leaves from the newer growth they are all on the first pair of fan leaves, perhaps as the roots grow they are getting a more consistent overall flow of nutrients- they don't seem to be complaining now. Just to be sure I'm just giving them water for a few days and see how things go. Also being careful to not overwater as well.

Thanks munki for the suggestion- I'll look that up super soil sounds good to me :eek:):thumb:

Back
Top Bottom