First Grow! Northern Lights - Sour Candy - Critical Mass

Ur mixing big bloom and grow big together both fox farm nutes? How is that working out for u I am only using grow big then was goin to use big bloom for flowering but was wondering how well they work together I have other stuff to use during flowering but was wondering how the mix of nutes was

Purplegorilla said:
Ur mixing big bloom and grow big together both fox farm nutes? How is that working out for u I am only using grow big then was goin to use big bloom for flowering but was wondering how well they work together I have other stuff to use during flowering but was wondering how the mix of nutes was

Big bloom is not the main nutrients for flower. FF tiger bloom is for flower. Visit fox farms site to look at the feeding chart. Big bloom is to be used during ALL stages of growth. It has nothing to do with veg or flower.

I'm using maxi and I'm using another product from the hydro store they worked well on first grow I was just asking if it hurts to mix those nutes during grow

Purplegorilla said:
I'm using maxi and I'm using another product from the hydro store they worked well on first grow I was just asking if it hurts to mix those nutes during grow

Nope they are meant to be mixed! When I get home I'll link you to the FF feeding chart it's very useful

OK day 32! Still seem healthy and growing well. A LOT of new growth coming up out of the middle and branching off. NL has been droopy since sprout, and is the tallest of the 3.. i guess it just likes to droop? Wish I had the room to LST, but then again watching them grow naturally is fun too. 3 more weeks till 12/12!

31118.JPG

They are in 3 gallon pots. Decided I'm getting 5 gallon pots just in case.

I am running one in a 5 gal and the rest of my pots are 3 gal. I was asking this same question and the answer I got: if your going to veg it longer and you have the space go with the bigger pot.

Nice trio you got going 420F
are you vegging them for 8 weeks?

shottafire said:
I am running one in a 5 gal and the rest of my pots are 3 gal. I was asking this same question and the answer I got: if your going to veg it longer and you have the space go with the bigger pot.

Nice trio you got going 420F
are you vegging them for 8 weeks?

6-8 depending on growth from here on out. But probably 8 haha because I want a nice yield and I'm patient.

Hey Farmboy,

I just read through your whole blog. Wow, I've never heard of anyone using HPS for the entire grow! I almost used MH for my entire grow, but just switched to HPS.

I can't seem to find why you are doing this. Is it to keep costs down or some other reason? Your plants are very nice and healthy looking, but I think they would grow faster in the vegetation stage if you added some Blue spectrum light. You could throw in a couple of CFL 6500K bulbs. The 25W are real cheap and if you have a splitter, you could put in 2 or more of these babies.

They seriously go crazy under a blue spectrum! I vegged my last crop for 8 weeks (not intentional at all!) and they were huge unweildy monsters. You mentioned that your babies seemed to be growing more slowly. As they are getting near the adult stage, maybe they are preparing for flowering, even though they are not under 12/12 yet. The red spectrum stimulates certain plant hormones. Perhaps (I'm just speculating - I don't know for sure) these are telling the plant it is getting old enough to start thinking about flowering. Growth during the flowering stage is much slower than growth during the vegetative stage. Perhaps your plants are going through a subtle shift in their growth because of this. Again, just speculation.

What I do know for sure is that these critters would be a lot taller with Both red and blue spectra bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom