First Grow

If we are going to help you need to hit us with at least this info

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

Ice-A special cross of Afghan, Northern Lights, Skunk and Shiva, indoor plant, t-5 lighting, 82 degrees, 52% rh. Soil is roots organic 707. Water every other day or so. Just started roots organic nutes. Haven't seen any pests. Ph seemed to drop to 4.5 after adding nutes. Didn't have ph up so used it anyway. Plants are 15 days from planting seeds.

This is one of the possibilities , Sulfur (S) deficiency:
The initial symptoms are the yellowing of the entire leaf including veins usually starting with the younger leaves. Leaf tips may yellow and curl downward. Sulfur deficiencies are light green fruit or younger leaves with a lack of succulence. Elongated roots and woody stem.

This could be happening for a number of reasons, one of which is over wet soil. Let the soil dry out a little more before watering this one, plus that ph is way to low and its a bit early to ad nutes to the soil.
.:peace:

4.5 ph needs to be fixed ... now

edit --

this was snipped

"Adding nutes to your water can cause the ph to get low as well, so its best to test your ph of your water before and after you add your nutes. Nutrient deficiencies are mostly caused by human mistakes,along with to much or to little of the amount of nutrients available. The best range for nutrients to be absorbed is between a pH of 5 and 7 and a (TDS) range of 800 to 3000 PPM.
Having these conditions will help making nutrient deficiencies alot easier to overcome."

from here

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Hi Mainebud,
Welcome to the family. I think the problem is they were fed to early and maybe over fed locking out food. Obviously the feeds at a pH of 4 is bad but why feed just after putting into soil. Soil has nutes for 2 weeks growth at least. On earlier pictures there were burns on the seedlings and a few curled leaves. A sign of over feeding. Just water them when they need it for now i'd say, then sort the pH of your feeds when they need it.

Thanks everyone! I was trying to follow nute schedule as prescribed by maker. I probably water too much as well. I'll drop mutes for a week or two and watch them. Also try not to love too much! Lol thanks again!

4.5 ph needs to be fixed ... now

edit --

this was snipped

"Adding nutes to your water can cause the ph to get low as well, so its best to test your ph of your water before and after you add your nutes. Nutrient deficiencies are mostly caused by human mistakes,along with to much or to little of the amount of nutrients available. The best range for nutrients to be absorbed is between a pH of 5 and 7 and a (TDS) range of 800 to 3000 PPM.
Having these conditions will help making nutrient deficiencies alot easier to overcome."

from here

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

So after reading through this guide I think it's a mag deficiency.
Magnesium is one of the easiest deficiencies to tell… the green veins along with the yellowness of the entire surrounding leave is a dead giveaway......The tips can also twist and turn as well as curving upwards as if you curl your tongues.

Thanks for the link and also feel free to correct me if wrong! I appreciate the input.

IMO mate you started feeding way too early and the problems began 2 days after the feed according to the pictures and info given. Soil really doesn't need anything for a while. I've grew them back in the day with water alone in half decent soil.

If it was me I would wait till they are a bit drier and just continue with plain water, no nutes, no ph anything. Keep it simple for now, they will green up. Remember after any re-pot the soil will have food for at least 2 weeks. Soil is very easy if kept simple mate :) The old K.I.S.S Method. "Keep it super simple", I don't like "keep it simple stupid."

IMO mate you started feeding way too early and the problems began 2 days after the feed according to the pictures and info given. Soil really doesn't need anything for a while. I've grew them back in the day with water alone in half decent soil.

If it was me I would wait till they are a bit drier and just continue with plain water, no nutes, no ph anything. Keep it simple for now, they will green up. Remember after any re-pot the soil will have food for at least 2 weeks. Soil is very easy if kept simple mate :) The old K.I.S.S Method. "Keep it super simple", I don't like "keep it simple stupid."

Will do! Thanks!

So here is update. I'm hearing you about just running water for a few weeks but wondering if I need cal mag because I'm using ro water?

image8191.jpg

image8181.jpg

image8171.jpg

image8081.jpg

image8091.jpg

See, all good now mate. They will be fine for another 2 week with just water in new soil. When you do start to feed start 1/4 strength and dont rush it. Mine grow best when I just leave them alone lol. Check my soil journal linked below "Super Soil" for some organic info if you want. Happy growing mate.

JBC look at last pic in update on 2-20 and first pic on today's update. Same plants, see the leaf with two blades connected? You were right on the money with plain water! Thanks!

So after reading through this guide I think it's a mag deficiency.
Magnesium is one of the easiest deficiencies to tell... the green veins along with the yellowness of the entire surrounding leave is a dead giveaway......The tips can also twist and turn as well as curving upwards as if you curl your tongues.

Thanks for the link and also feel free to correct me if wrong! I appreciate the input.

Hello and welcome, I would do as mentioned above just water, you are using good soil with the Roots Organic, read the label it has enough NPK to keep a medium size plant fed for a couple weeks as well as trace minerals and such. I too would reommend water and let them dry for a feeding or two and then start adding nutes, it is easy to overthink and overdue, when all they need is simple water, Peace OG.

Back
Top Bottom