First Grow

Raven Al'Vere

This my first attempt at growing. I'm growing from a seed found in one of my baggies. I started germinating it on december 1st and planted it about two days later.

These are pictures of it 9 days old. I've been watering it with water out of my fish tank. I'm using 100 watt equivalent CFL lights on at 24/0. Occasionally I blow the fan on it for a couple of hours. So far so good. Any advice on how to enhance would be appreciated, though I'm working on a low budget.
DSC_2416.jpg

DSC_2418.jpg

She looks healthy so far :popcorn::cheer:
what kinda soil ya usin?

See the way that your leaves are curling? That could be a sign of heat stress. The leaves need to be cooled off all day with a fan so they won't do this.

otherwise, good luck!

have you watered since moving the lights back?
watering promotes plant movement as well. the stems and leaves are moist and easier to shape
if you haven't, try giving the plant a good watering and see how the leaves do
other wise looks nice and green good luck

This is the plant on day 17, 4 days after the transplant. At first I was worried because growth lagged but its on its course again. I bought some fertilizer called "Organic All-purpose by Dynamite." I was wondering if anyone has any info on it. I haven't used it yet. Two more lights are on the plant now, a 29 watt (rated 150) cfl and an 18 inch fluorescent tube from an old fish tank. It also has 24 hour indirect fan coverage.

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2857.JPG

It got big really fast after I transplanted it. I don't plan on letting it veg too long as I can't take care of it after January. So I figured I'd try and get it to around 20 inches and then start its flower stage and see if i could pick up a small harvest.

Hey man just caught up on the grow...Looking good, and you say you got this from a bag? Well, hope its a girl then! good luck bro...

Lookin good my friend!

The problem with heat stress is the plants air holes will close up, and the leaf closes up shop, making it a waste of energy when the leaf dies from not doing it's thing.

they're easier to expose to heat stress when they're younger, but they're looking good now. The downward curl of the leaves could be stress from transplant, but it could be from over watering too.

good luck!

I've been watering them whenever the soil on top seems dry. The growth has returned to normal and its getting a new set of leaves everyday.

Back
Top Bottom