First Journal - From A Land Down Under

Logan181

I have been growing indoors for almost one year and I love it especially as I have been bed ridden for last 3 months but as im writing this from my hospital bed so a few more weeks and ill back on my feet but I'll be home tomorrow and the medical benefits from my grow has been fantastic.

I have done few things different in this grow as the previous grows I was in partnership with a "person" that I once knew until I packed up all his stuff and showed him the door.....a word from the wise if your going grow do it on your own!

Alright because I got rid of the tight wad I was able to get the lights I wanted to have so I bought 4 x 600w digital cool tubes and my room is 2 meters wide x 3 metres deep and 2.2 metres height.

Fans x 3 and they are 150mm inline fans, I have one on the inlet, two on exhaust and I am also using thermostat controller which is worth it's weight in gold....makes keeping the temp right too easy.

I have 20 plants, 14 of them is a strain I have growing from the start, it is great to smoke and yields in 8 weeks but it is a smaller yielding plant and this will be its second last grow, I have also been given some seeds from my mate which he had for over 20 years and it could be an Australian land race so I'm pretty excited but we will see and I only got 2 seeds to sprout and both look to be female. I have another 2 plants that I have had from the start and this plant is one of the prettiest plants I have ever seen and smokes great but again another low yielding plant so this will it's last grow.
I bought some seeds from Attitude seeds and their service was awesome, will be buying from them again.
Ok we bought Dinafems Blue Hash and Holy Smokes Thunder bud, I bought a couple of others but they died as it was my first time growing from seeds...I'm also about to sprout Barneys farm G13 Haze and Dr Greenthumbs Freedom 35.

Medium: I have traditionally been growing coco/perlite and using a 50/50 mix but this I thought I would try a few different ratios as I have been a lot on here about other peeps success so it is as follows.
For the most part I am using plastic pots except Iam trying out two 20 litre Geopots and one of them is running 100% coco (which is not doing as well as the other one) and the other Geopot is running a 70/30 mix and is doing real well.
I like the 50/50 mix as its difficult to over water and for flushing as I like to be able to give fresh nutes daily.

I was reading an article on here a little while ago and someone recommended lining the pot with weed matt instead of using the Geopots as the cost saving was significant and he was right, I have 7 with no weed matt and 13 with weed matt.
Will post pics of the root systems when it's done, cant wait to see myself.

Nutrients: previously I was using GH organic single part base nutrient and produced some high quality smoke but looking to increase the yeild so with a lot of reading and questions at my local hydro shop I decided to go for the GH three part base nutirent as I know a few growers that are using it but they are using aeroponics or ebb & flow so this will be interesting.
I started to follow the GH nute chart but it does say you can be aggressive as you like so in the veg stage I was using 4 mil per liter on the Floragrow, Micro and the Bloom was 1 mil per litre....also I am using Cali magic 1 mil per litre, GH root treatment (Rapid start) 1/2 mil per litre, GH Silica (Armor Si) 1/2 mil per litre.

So one week ago I put them into flower so lowered the grow to 2 mil per liter and upped the bloom 2.5 per litre and the micro is the same, I have added liquid Kool Bloom 2 mil per litre and did a flush with GH Flora Kleen.
I have been using Sensa spray almost from the start and won't flower without it as I did the tests and it does double my dry weight every time and it makes my flowers look amazing.

Looking forward to the feed back as this forum has been a wealth of information and Iam excited to share and learn some more.

Pics are to come asap once Iam home and a bit more mobile but I'd kill for a bowl right now.

Stay safe and bake daily :blunt:

Re: First journal from a land down under

Are you sure you trust this person to not rat on you? If i were you i'd be in another house in another state just to be safe.

Re: First journal from a land down under

:welcome: to :420:

Sorry to hear you've been bedridden, but glad to hear that cannabis has been helping you. It also sounds like you have a good plan for your newest grow.

If you don't mind the question, how's the legal system on cannabis down under? Hopefully compassionate, but I've not heard anything about it there.

Wishing ya well on your grow, it sounds very exciting, and it seems you've got some very good strains. Anxious to hear more about your Australian landrace. :) Subscribed!

:Namaste:

:blunt::thanks:@ Musgand im not concerned as he has no idea what Iam doing or not doing now and is not welcome back here, besides I dont want to sound like a hero but if he knows what is good for him he will get on with his life and I will do the same but thanks for your concern.

@AMK Yeah bed ridden aint much fun as im home now and should be good in a few weeks. Im really excited to able to share my grow and hopefully help some others at the same time as I know this forum has been a wealth of information for me.
Australia is very conservative when it comes to legalization of it but in saying that we get to see almost daily on the news how it's changing for America and especially Colorado so hopefully in the next few years the laws will soften and change so other Aussies are not treated or thought as criminals. But not holding my breath as our new Prime minister is a full fledged right winged Christian and to the point he wants to remove our internet privacy laws so as long as he is in office it's not looking likely. Sad but true but in saying that our Nations capital Canberra where our Poli's live it has been decriminalized so hopefully there is a light at the end of tunnel and a interesting fact about Aussie smokers and talking on percentage but we Aussies smoke/use more ganja than any other country in the world so it's frustrating that we live in a dictatorship rather than a democracy.

Anyway should be posting pics in the next day or so, I have also been trying out the defoliating thing on one of my smaller plants but I did strip all of the shade leaves but the new growth is interesting and curious to see if the theories are correct.
I have been super cropping so I've been fimming, topping and LST as I have far superior light spread with 4 new lights but I will doing a SOG on the next grow and I will also be monster cropping with the Thunder bud and Blue hash. I just bought some bubble bags a few weeks ago and made my first lot of hash which wasnt bad considering what the leaf was like so im really keen to see what it will be like with the keif from this grow.

On the next grow ill be using Blumats and buying some LEDS for my veg room which is under construction atm.

Stay safe and bake daily

Interesting to learn. Good to know there's a start to progress. Our capitol, DC, just got bags less than one ounce decriminalized, but still has public toking illegal. A lot of states will still throw a guy in jail for it, though. Training is still something I've got to learn. It's easy to read about, but when it comes to bending a beautiful girl over, oh wait, never mind, I just figured out how to make super cropping easier on the conscience! :rofl: I think you mentioned using 4 600w lamps, what extra four did you add? Is the heat easily manageable? Cool to hear you're making hash, I just did an extract, on, of all things, my grinder.

Just to clarify in Canberra the decriminalization laws seem to be made so that no matter how much you grow it'll be considered a trafficker amount. I'll paraphrase.

1. You can grow two plants in soil (not hydro) for personal use
  2. You can have up to 25g of plant material before it becomes trafficable
  3. If you're found to have more than 25g of plant material it's considered trafficable
So from this if you grow two plants in pots but they both grow to be over 25g of plant material then you'll be charged as a criminal.
Not sure about you but 25g of plant material can be just the roots of a two small plants.

If you're caught on the street with less than 25g then it's a civil offense and you get a on the spot fine of $200.

Wow, sounds very unreasonable. Well, here's hoping each of yours secretly blast past that 25g of plant matter benchmark. Shhh... Keep it secret, keep it safe.

:thumb:Iam using 4 x 600w but as they are adjustable ballasts I have them on 440 atm as iam having trouble with overloading but have a electrician mate coming over today to help me out:adore: I know once I turn up the ballasts the temp will rise but i have ballasts outside the room so that helps dramatically, I am running 3 fans 150mm inline so im running one on the intake and the other 2 on the exhaust and also running a therm control on them so atm no problem with the heat. But we will find out if I have enough ventilation in the next couple of days.

Sad but true when Americans think of Australian laws they should of California 20 yrs ago and that would be fairly close.

My girls love to get bent over :high-five:

How do I post pics on here having some trouble atm very frustrating.

Anyway back to the more interesting topic of my girls there are so many growing techniques im looking forward to trying so very exciting.
I did forget to mention that when I went to flower that I am using 2hps and 2 mh, I will change the mh to hps at week 4 so I max the veg in the flower and get nice long colas, this something I have never done before but im very keen to see the results as I read many good things about it.
The girls are in day 12 of flowering and at day ten I did the second Sensa spray and I also gave them 36hrs of darkness following the spray as this is the recommendation from a Botanist friend and again looking forward to the end results as always.

Still getting over my surgery but it's all looking real good and the girls has certainly helped in many ways and im tipping I will blast clean past the 25grams.

I think you should be ok with that wattage in that size room. How tall is your room? My main concern would be heat so obviously what fans are you running? I would recommend a cooltube as they are very cheap on ebay and remember we all start somewhere. My first room was 1 metre x 1 metre and 1.6 metres tall and a 400w hps and it did real well I could easily harvest 12 onces every 12 to 16 weeks. Ok need to get out of bed and start on my new veg room and time for the first bowl of the day :)

Stay safe and bake daily:blunt:

Ok got the pic uploading sorted and thanks to AMK.
Just had a case of mites so the Aussie landrace isn't looking her best but I thought you would like to see her plus some of the others and my garden:yummy:
20140227_173518.jpg

Dina Fems-Blue Hash
20140227_170953.jpg

Logans Haze
20140227_173319.jpg

Aussie landrace
20140227_170923.jpg

Blue Hash
20140227_171037.jpg

Thunder Bud
20140227_170805.jpg

Thanks guys it makes me smile and probably why I'm in there so much ....the walls are off white and the window is completely sealed with panada film.

Day 15 of flowering today and had a case of mites did the spray with a product called Dead Red, seems to be working well but one of the smaller plants was heavily infected and really didn't look well so ive taken her out and will turn it into some ice hash. Also did a flush two days ago as the salt build up was a bit high and the girls didn't look happy but they look much happier now.
Also im changing the feeding cycle to feeding nutes every second day and water the alternate day as im running the ppm quite high atm.
I also managed to pick up some new clones tonight "Blue Cheese" from my brother, ive smoked this particular one a number of times so im real excited to have this in my grow room.....cant wait!!!!

Stay safe and bake daily

All is very well and thank you.
Just took some pics yesterday actually and the girls look very good indeed.:thumb:

My garden
DSCN07909.JPG

Aussie landrace
DSCN07886.JPG

Thunder Bud
DSCN07839.JPG

Logans Haze
DSCN07817.JPG

Blue Hash
DSCN07826.JPG

Back