First Time Grower!

Gonna wander around in home depot or walmart, def let you know what I come up with.

Probably thinking of basically 2 shallow trays/bins, use something like milk crates(just find something shorter) to put inside the trays/bins and have the pots sit on those, so the water drips into the tray. I'll have something under neath the trays on the opposite side of the entrance so they're tilted just the slightest amount for the water to run towards me at the entrance and I'll use a little pump so drain it out. Should be simple enough.

Gonna make my screen this weekend too I think using PVC conduit, I'll make 2 2'x2' screens and attach them in the middle together with zip ties or something, just so it's easier to move it around if I ever need to. Gonna need 8 90 degree elbows, 4 45 degree joints(gonna have it "wing" upwards a little) and about 25' of conduit.

Gonna wander around in home depot or walmart, def let you know what I come up with.

Probably thinking of basically 2 shallow trays/bins, use something like milk crates(just find something shorter) to put inside the trays/bins and have the pots sit on those, so the water drips into the tray. I'll have something under neath the trays on the opposite side of the entrance so they're tilted just the slightest amount for the water to run towards me at the entrance and I'll use a little pump so drain it out. Should be simple enough.

Gonna make my screen this weekend too I think using PVC conduit, I'll make 2 2'x2' screens and attach them in the middle together with zip ties or something, just so it's easier to move it around if I ever need to. Gonna need 8 90 degree elbows, 4 45 degree joints(gonna have it "wing" upwards a little) and about 25' of conduit.

Hey GodofPot,

Any update with what you ended up using to help with the drainage? Would love to see pics!

Check out my sig for a link to my journal, there's pics in there
I bought a $30 PVC "storage shelf" at Walmart, and 2 long narrow totes for them to sit in.
I cut down the shelf so it would sit inside the tote properly, and the plants sit in the shelf, I'd still prefer a better drainage tray for the shelves to sit in if I can find one but this works great for now
I had stopped in a thread the other day and seen someone had the perfect drainage tray, it's a 3'x3' says he got from his local hydro store so I'll have to stop by mine and see if I can't find something similar

I checked out your journal i will definetely be following it as you progress. I saw the tray your using in a couple of the pictures but it was hard to see from the angle you took. I'ma check out my hydroponic store for a tray also that sounds like a good idea. just gotta prop up the backside so it flows towards the front of the tent.

Posted a few pics today can see the trays much better. They're just "storage bins" that are long, narrow and shallow, I'll see if I can find the other thread which I saw the guy had the best run off tray.

So I ended up checking out my local hydroponic store and they had several drain trays too choose from ranging from 2x2 - 6x6. I originally picked up a 4x4 tray however after trying to fit it in the tent i quickly realized it was too big (by like 2 inches fml). I returned it and got a 3x3 (I wish they had 3.5 x 3.5). The tray only set me back $50 which is on par or cheaper than most online listings.

Since I'm using 5 5-gallon smart pots the plants are getting pretty crowded so i bought some pipe-cleaners and stakes so i can tie down some branches to open the plant up and allow the lower branches to get light and catch up to the taller ones.

I'm a few weeks from switching to flower and need advice on getting my humidity down. It hovers around 62% with the tent fully unzipped but when i seal it up when the lights switch off levels rise to 80%+. Can anybody recommend a humidifer that will fit in my 4x4 that can get levels down around 40-45%?

20170903_120903.jpg
20170903_120922.jpg
20170903_120931.jpg
20170903_122520.jpg
20170903_122528.jpg
20170903_122600.jpg

Looking good, and yeah a 3'x3' tray would be perfect for me, I'll have to try and find one
No experience with de-humidifiers, mine actually hovers in the 40's so I used a humidifier instead at the beginning but seems to be good now that they're bigger

Ya get a dehumidifier and a.c. and a. Can works for me but not if its super hot than we run 2 acs in the house and a can fml so expensive i cant wait for winter

Quick update.

I just put the scrog up finally! Time to get these ladies stretching out before i flip to flower within a week or so. There are some big gaps in the net but thats just because the 3x3 tray i have them in isn't centered. My fan in the corner is sitting on my trash can so i need to figure out a new way to prop up fan so i center the tray and truly fill out the scrog.

Also, as per the user manual I switched on the VEG and BLOOM setting on my LED and boy oh boy is that shit BRIGHT! I'm still doing 18/6 for now.

I mentioned before that I was having issues with humidity...well I'm happy to report humidity levels have dropped greatly since turning on the BLOOM switch. RH went from ~68%+ to ~52%. I should be in the sweet spot range once i turn on my other 2-150W HPS lights as supplemental light! The only thing I'm worried about now are temperatures, Southern California is still getting BLASTED by this heat wave ugh.

Ya get a dehumidifier and a.c. and a. Can works for me but not if its super hot than we run 2 acs in the house and a can fml so expensive i cant wait for winter

I was looking into small AC units but for my situation that would just be too expensive, and its too expensive to run my house AC all day too so im kinda of SOL. I'm hoping once heat wave passes temps will stabilize.

20170906_212424.jpg
20170906_212414.jpg
20170906_212401.jpg

Bro ive got 1500 easy in equipment and pay 200 plus a month i hear u im always broke but if its hot its hot i have to turn on acs i hate it run a can filter in the tent it will help allot

Bro ive got 1500 easy in equipment and pay 200 plus a month i hear u im always broke but if its hot its hot i have to turn on acs i hate it run a can filter in the tent it will help allot

Yeah I've trying every method I can think of to cool down the tent but I have carpet in my room plus the heat my computer puts out it's just hawt as fuck. Temps been around 84-86. Heat wave is finally starting to end so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel haha.

What is a can filter exactly?

Back
Top Bottom