First Time Grower!

Is that your carbon filter on the counter? Shouldn't it be inside your grow space and drawing the air into the filter as opposed to blowing it out through the filter?

I was confused about that too =/

Quick update.
Scrog is filling out nicely. Gunna lollipop a little bit tonight then in the next few days I'ma shut the lights off for 24 hrs, let them know its time to flower!!
20170910_132413.jpg

Is that your carbon filter on the counter? Shouldn't it be inside your grow space and drawing the air into the filter as opposed to blowing it out through the filter?
Well yes and no i have 1 in the room for that this one pulls cold air from an ac at the level the can is tbh it keeps 70 air pumping into the back its a 6 inch can no need for inline fan booster things a beast 440 cfm

And yes its smart to suck the air out as well but the rooms not complete thats just helping getting cold clean air into the room exhausting is next project it works 50 degree rh and 82 max heat with 2 fans and 3k watts of led

Those numbers are all just a marketing ploy and it's very deceiving, the 1500 doesn't really mean anything, the only number that really matters is the actual consumed watts, and I think yours are 260-265w each, so 520-530w total

Im running 2 king led 1500 wattz led blows im moving up to 2 magnum xxls and than ill put ac in the room and use both cans so. Upset i bought them things almost 200 a pop

So I just started growing again and I was browsing some newly started journals. Definitely a sweet first set up. Super jealous! Anyways. I'm subbed. Can't wait to see those babies flower!

Thanks a lot OneGuyy, I appreciate the sub and kind words! I'm definitely lucky to have had most of my setup donated by friends of mine. The tent/Light/carbonfilter+exhaust fan all free =)

Those numbers are all just a marketing ploy and it's very deceiving, the 1500 doesn't really mean anything, the only number that really matters is the actual consumed watts, and I think yours are 260-265w each, so 520-530w total

If his LED's are claiming to be 1500w, they're probably much higher than 260-265w actual...My "800w HPS replacement" LED pulls 350w out the wall. I'm totally sold on LED's, my babies are loving the full spectrum light for sure. I added two 150w HPS lights to hang on the sides to help with covering more of the canopy and help with light penetration. My LED only gets about 12"-18" of penetration through the canopy so i have to lollipop my plants a little higher than most i think.

*UPDATE*
Scrog is nearly fully covered. Just lollipopped 3 days ago. I watered them with their "grow" nutes for the final time last night. Next time I water I'm going to do pure h2o in order to flush out all the built up "grow" nutes and get them ready for their flowering nutes. I'm stoked the weather by me has finally cooled off. My tent is running 79-82 degrees now rather than 82-86 and humidity is finally under control :D
20170915_070044.jpg
20170915_070055.jpg
20170915_070116.jpg

Thanks a lot OneGuyy, I appreciate the sub and kind words! I'm definitely lucky to have had most of my setup donated by friends of mine. The tent/Light/carbonfilter+exhaust fan all free =)

If his LED's are claiming to be 1500w, they're probably much higher than 260-265w actual...My "800w HPS replacement" LED pulls 350w out the wall. I'm totally sold on LED's, my babies are loving the full spectrum light for sure. I added two 150w HPS lights to hang on the sides to help with covering more of the canopy and help with light penetration. My LED only gets about 12"-18" of penetration through the canopy so i have to lollipop my plants a little higher than most i think.

*UPDATE*
Scrog is nearly fully covered. Just lollipopped 3 days ago. I watered them with their "grow" nutes for the final time last night. Next time I water I'm going to do pure h2o in order to flush out all the built up "grow" nutes and get them ready for their flowering nutes. I'm stoked the weather by me has finally cooled off. My tent is running 79-82 degrees now rather than 82-86 and humidity is finally under control :D
20170915_070044.jpg
20170915_070055.jpg
20170915_070116.jpg

Nah I looked them up, depending on which version it is it's either 260 or 265w each(I had the same brand prior to switching, just an "1800" instead)

Your plants are looking great . keep up the fantastic work .

Yeah, you were lucky to have sucha bud like that. I had my budget all out of wack when I started and didn't plan for unexpected costs and ended up spending money on things I didn't even know I needed. I had a ton of rookie mistakes. Either way, everything looks pretty Great!:goodjob:

The time has finally arrived! Today is the day I switch to flower :yahoo:

I cleaned the prefilter on the carbon filter, the pad was seriously straight black, took awhile to clean but I got it pretty darn white. I rearranged the filter/fan closer to the exit slot so I had head space for the 150w light in the back. I'm seriously surprised how freaking bright these two 150w HPS are...Holy cow!! They're small and still put off so much more heat than the giant LED panel haha I'm going to have to watch temps especially when i have to keep it sealed due to odor. I'm worried I'm going to have to use my AC a lot to keep the tent cool hope not though.

I waited too long to water them and they are all kinda droopy and sad. Some of the plants also started to get little yellow spots on just a few leaves, I think I may have either gone to heavy on the nutes last feed (Full dose on everything) or they were just thirsty idk but I just watered and my girls are starting to perk back up =). Anywho I'm super excited as this is my first grow attempt which means its also my first time attempting to not fuck up the flower phase haha, little nervous.

Day_1_1_1.jpg
Day_1_4_1.jpg
Day_1_2_1.jpg
Day_1_3_1.jpg

No i used a tower in my tent as ventilation but you might want an inline fan also to push hot air from the hps lights out of the tent. Also what type of hoods do you have your lights.

I currently have a 190cfm inline attached to my carbon filter with ducting out of the tent exhausting out my window. I don't have any hoods for my HPS's, the white housing you see is the ballast.

Sun System HPS 150 watt Grow Light Fixture with Ultra Sun Lamp - 900490, Grow Light for Indoor Hydroponics Gardening Plants Veg and Flower

Back
Top Bottom