First Time Grower!

Really nice looking plants. Mine got wobbly also after I had done some heavy defol on the lower branches. I ended up getting some 5 foot tall bamboo stakes and putting 3 or 4 in each 7 gallon pot. It helped a lot and I could support them with plant wire tied off. I plan on trying scrog soon, I just have to get a group of plants in the flower tent that are all close to the same age and size. What strain are you growing? They look really healthy, and happy 69th post by the way:)

Yeah my only option was to scrog because of height restraints. It helps with LST as well =)

I'm currently growing Girl Scout Cookies x5!

GSC... I am growing one right now that is going into flower either tonight or tomorrow AM. I just finished the chop on my first grow and now there is room in the veg tent for the GSC and the last of the Borderline XTRM from my second grow. There is a Liberty Haze and two other Borderline plants in there now so maybe there will be hope for a scrog, just depends on the height of all 5 plants. Let me know how the GSC works out, I have heard a lot about it but never had the chance to try some.

GSC... I am growing one right now that is going into flower either tonight or tomorrow AM. I just finished the chop on my first grow and now there is room in the veg tent for the GSC and the last of the Borderline XTRM from my second grow. There is a Liberty Haze and two other Borderline plants in there now so maybe there will be hope for a scrog, just depends on the height of all 5 plants. Let me know how the GSC works out, I have heard a lot about it but never had the chance to try some.

Sounds interesting, I kinda wish I did something other than GSC only because it's a low yielding strain. Next time I'ma switch the strains up....Make things more fun hehe. Keep checking this thread if you want to see how it turns out. The ladies are just finishing week 2!

Cool, I'll keep an eye out. Put my GSC in flower tent tonight with the last Borderline plant I had in veg. Now there are going to be 4 autos going in that tent. 2 in hempy and 2 in soil. Finally going to get off my ass and try to start a journal with the autos.

Hey everyone! I noticed this thread has gotten 1000+ views already and I figured I'd update any new readers as to where I am currently.

Strain: Girl Scout Cookies x5
Light: 800w hps replacement LED (Draws 345w from wall) + 150w HPS lights x2
Medium: 50/50 Mix of Fox Farms Ocean Forest/Sunshine Mix #4
Ventilation: Adjustable 440cfm exhaust/450 cfm carbon filter
Temp: 77-79 lights on. 74 lights off.
RH: Currently 51%
Day 15 Flower Update

I'm happy to report the ladies are looking mighty fine! They've bounced back from whatever deficiency was turning them orange and are looking healthy. The tips of the leaves are yellowed still however. Last time I fed nutes the pH was ~5.4 maybe that's whats bothering them idk.

I just watered them pure H2O a few hours ago since I figured there were still nutes in the soil that were locked out due to pH being off. Plus the yellowing tips I didn't want to feed nutes again in case of nute burn, I went from grow nutes to full dose bloom nutes without slowly easing in.

Anyway here are some photos I just took! The last one is a picture of my vent system. There's a lot of curves at the end but the air is falling anyway plus there's still a good strong flow of air at the end. The aluminum duct is hidden from view and it works and that's all that matters right?
Day_15_1_3.jpg
Day_15_2_4.jpg
Day_15_3_3.jpg
Day_15_4_.jpg
Day_15_6_.jpg
Day_15_7_.jpg

Quick update!

I just ordered two 150w HPS bulbs to supplement my LED light for the flowering phase. I figured it would be a good idea to get some HPS for flowering to help with the penetration problem LEDs have.

My lighting is as follows:

LED: PlatinumLED (p600 "800 hps replacement") -- Won't allow me to link to website
150W HPS (2): Hydroplanet 150W Grow Light Fixture Kit (150W Grow Light Kit)

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

I grow with just a 1000 watt LED and had an amazing grow last harvest and weed was fricken good dang smoke lol was surprised but I like the led lights but have a friend who grows with both . Good luck

I grow with just a 1000 watt LED and had an amazing grow last harvest and weed was fricken good dang smoke lol was surprised but I like the led lights but have a friend who grows with both . Good luck

Interesting. I love my LED and the plants seem to as well. I got the 150w HPS to help fill out the the tent with light and help with light penetration a little.
What LED are you using?

Interesting. I love my LED and the plants seem to as well. I got the 150w HPS to help fill out the the tent with light and help with light penetration a little.
What LED are you using?

I have a viparspectra 1000 watt LED and have had amazing results ! Here are four of my girls in that tent with that light third week of flower...

420-magazine-mobile1090159627.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1851814127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1935948920.jpg

I have a viparspectra 1000 watt LED and have had amazing results ! Here are four of my girls in that tent with that light third week of flower...

420-magazine-mobile1090159627.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1851814127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1935948920.jpg

Those are some great looking plants man! I like the fact that the lights you are using are square, provides more even coverage. My LED is rectangular so it's kind of awkward to fill the whole tent with light so i had to add some extra lights

Those are some great looking plants man! I like the fact that the lights you are using are square, provides more even coverage. My LED is rectangular so it's kind of awkward to fill the whole tent with light so i had to add some extra lights

The light is a rectangle just a large one like two big squares together and yes love the light too and thanks !! Good luck on your grow ! I also have another tent with one lady at 3rd week of flower but has a Mars Hydro 300 watt LED and I'm not too fond of it , I have only had it for about two weeks and my other light is doing a way better job so going to get another viparspectra !

I was looking into them. Decent PAR rating for the price. Their 1200w (1000hps equiv) is going for $350 on amazon right now. Two of those equals one of mine lol. Might look into getting two for my next tent.

If you're considering looking at another light I'll say this, check these out, because for the price you just don't find anything really comparable(LED wise) except DIY COB, ceramic metal halide seems like a really solid option too

logo12.png

Grow with the Sun!

SunPlusUSA wants to help you Grow Like the Pro's!

Give us a call or visit our website sunplususa.com

Happy Growing

T.

The SunPlus Pioneer P6
PIONEER-6-LED.jpg

DAY 19 Update!

Howdy everybody! Wanted to hit yall with an update =) I just got home from work and peeped the girls and was greeted with a beautiful sight. It's very slight but they're starting to look sugary!! :Namaste::love:

Here's a few pics I snapped before I'm off to bed. I have math class at 7:30am tomorrow, yay me!! I really need to get a better camera than just my phone =/
Day_19_5_.jpg
Day_19_2_2.jpg
Day_19_4_.jpg
Day_19_1_1.jpg
Day_19_3_1.jpg

Things are coming along nicely I see. I haven't been around much lately. life kinda got in the way and hit a bump in my own growing endeavor. the first sign of trichomes is always the most exciting moment in flowering. Can't wait to see these girls a few weeks down the road

Things are coming along nicely I see. I haven't been around much lately. life kinda got in the way and hit a bump in my own growing endeavor. the first sign of trichomes is always the most exciting moment in flowering. Can't wait to see these girls a few weeks down the road

Haha you have no idea how giddy I was when I saw the trichomes starting to appear. They're even more frosty now! Glad to see your back and I hope everything is going better for you now. What happened to your grow??

Well my seeds I tried at the beginning of my grow were all dead. Poor care of them so I needed to buy new genetics. Now though, Things are rolling along. Growing DNA Genetics Florida Gold. I'll be doing an update today with some pics.

Well my seeds I tried at the beginning of my grow were all dead. Poor care of them so I needed to buy new genetics. Now though, Things are rolling along. Growing DNA Genetics Florida Gold. I'll be doing an update today with some pics.

That's a bummer! I haven't had the pleasure of starting from seed yet. Once I move into my new place I think I want to give it a shot. My friend who is mentoring me during my first grow knows all the guys from DNA Genetics, they're doing some pretty incredible things in terms of cannabis genetics. Sounds like you're going to be in good hands now :thumb:

Will definitely check out the pictures. In the meantime...

Day 22 Flower Update
Day_24_1_2.jpg
Day_24_2_1.jpg

Hey everybody! I apologize to those who have been following this thread I've been so consumed with work and midterms I haven't been active on the forums at all the last few weeks. I recently decided to finish college and get my degree in business and I forgot how much work school entails. Gotta do what you gotta do though right?

Anywho, I've been dealing with various problems the last week and a half.... So for the deficiency I was experiencing got handled but I swung it too far the other way and got nute burn. All the tips of the leaves are whitish/yellow.

Also apparently the plants were still stretching a bit because the plants directly under the LED panel got severe light stress/damage and basically the tops of all the colas underneath it got bleached white. I didn't even know this was a thing until I opened the tent and saw all the tips looked like they were covered in snow or something. So I had to cut all the white off the nugs, luckily there is still another month or so of flower so hopefully they grow back a bit. Not only that but all the leaves suffered light stress and curled inward like a claw and are super yellow. I raised the LED a few inches (was at 18", now at 22") so I don't think the problem will get any worse. It don't think heat is an issue because the tent sits around 75-77. The good thing is that its only the plants directly under the LED that are showing these symptoms, all the other parts of the plants are looking super healthy.

Aside from that things are looking really good. The canopy is completely filled out with colas and they are so dense and the terpines are incredible. Great aroma and when I touch them my fingers stick together and now when I unzip my tent it's like i get blasted with by a plume of that stank and my whole rooms REAKS of bud... I LOVE IT!

I'm currently on Day 50 Flower but don't have any up to date photos on my phone right now. These are from Day 43 Flower.
Day_43_2_.jpg
Day_43_1_.jpg
Day_43_3_.jpg
Day_43_4_.jpg

Day 53 Flower Update

I was able to snap a few pictures before heading out to class this morning. The girls are looking really good but I gotta admit I'm really disappointed I caused light damage to the plants in the middle otherwise it'd be a beautiful canopy of green and purples =(

Probably gunna flower them for another 1.5 weeks. I gotta get a magnifying glass too! I also think I'm going to stop feeding nutes and start flushing but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?
Day_53_7_.jpg
Day_53_4_.jpg
Day_53_5_.jpg
Day_53_2_.jpg
Day_53_1_2.jpg
Day_53_3_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom