FlowerNose's Electric Fruit Auto Grow Journal 2017

Wow, you are really tight for space height wise in there Flower. Are you seeing any sign of light burn at all?

Nez, good idea on the fans! I like that idea.

Wow, you are really tight for space height wise in there Flower. Are you seeing any sign of light burn at all?

Nez, good idea on the fans! I like that idea.
Definitely signs of light burn. But it's slow damage and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just hopeful she finishes before it's a big issue.

Isn't his fan idea cool?! So convenient. :) He says it's all set up and working. There's a 3 second delay from opening the outer doors to the fans shutting off.

Definitely signs of light burn. But it's slow damage and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just hopeful she finishes before it's a big issue.

Isn't his fan idea cool?! So convenient. :) He says it's all set up and working. There's a 3 second delay from opening the outer doors to the fans shutting off.

Do you think there is anything you can do differently on future grows that can minimize your height issues? I know that these are your first 2 grows....but just wondering. I know you are always thinking of new ideas to improve things. I have a feeling I will have issues with new grow tent (only 4" tall) that I am going to use for breeding. How much actual growing height do you have in your cabinet?

Do you think there is anything you can do differently on future grows that can minimize your height issues? I know that these are your first 2 grows....but just wondering. I know you are always thinking of new ideas to improve things. I have a feeling I will have issues with new grow tent (only 4" tall) that I am going to use for breeding. How much actual growing height do you have in your cabinet?

Maybe it was a combination of the lighting (before the upgrade) and genetics. I also think I could have been more aggressive with training. Electric Fruit is supposed to be a big plant. @NezFleur, do you have the numbers for the interior size of the cab?

Grow space 16x21x42

I also read somewhere that blue light should reduce stretching (need to confirm and source). We didn't get the blue LEDs installed until she was a few inches shorter than she is now. I plan on experimenting once I get the lights under control.

Grow space 16x21x42

I also read somewhere that blue light should reduce stretching (need to confirm and source). We didn't get the blue LEDs installed until she was a few inches shorter than she is now. I plan on experimenting once I get the lights under control.
I've heard that too. In fact seen a few experiment videos around that really suggest that. Plus, well my plant hasnt grown in height really at all since the first set of true leaves (3 set opening now) and im sure thats due to my lght quality

Grow space 16x21x42

Makes sense....the LED I used for the early parts of veg (after the seedling stage under a T5) was stronger in the blue spectrum and I didn't have any stretching at all.

I've heard that too. In fact seen a few experiment videos around that really suggest that. Plus, well my plant hasnt grown in height really at all since the first set of true leaves (3 set opening now) and im sure thats due to my lght quality

Are you still using the Mars 400 Jurf? I have the Mars 600 but I didn't start using that one until they got bigger and I needed to use the whole tent. Next grow I will try using the Mars for the early veg stage to see if it was any different from the other LED (which was really good and didn't cause any stretching either).

Day 77
Flush day 4
420-magazine-mobile1241040722.jpg

Now zoom in!
420-magazine-mobile1687981836.jpg

No, no! Closer!
420-magazine-mobile88302169.jpg

Smell that? It smells like a citrus cocktail with berries on top. It smells like the zebra on a pack of Fruit Stripes gum.
420-magazine-mobile625875937.jpg

NezFleur thought it would be cool to rig the cabinet so that when the doors are opened, the fans turn off. That way we can hear each other speak and we can hear ourselves think. It's also handy for photos since I end up turning of fans to make the plants sit still. Anyway, he thought it would be cool, so he's making it happen. He's installing sensors and wiring them to do what he wants. :)

Hey FN are you flushing every other day like you normally do when feeding or you flushing everyday ? If so, are you using plain water ?

Are you still using the Mars 400 Jurf? I have the Mars 600 but I didn't start using that one until they got bigger and I needed to use the whole tent. Next grow I will try using the Mars for the early veg stage to see if it was any different from the other LED (which was really good and didn't cause any stretching either).
Yeah man. Mars hydro II 400, and just two days ago i got a mars reflector 48 to add in beside it. My tent has a pretty good flow to it at the moment! The extra light and fans i got have my temps and humidity spot on where i'd like them to be. Super happy about it

Back
Top Bottom