Fools Rush In: Newbie's Adventures In Suboptimal Conditions

Buuuuuuds! Wow they fatten up fast.
She is looking amazing! I’ve seen your space restrictions and you :thedoubletake: are a wizard!
You should be super proud of her! Those flowers will double in size yet, and get more dense too.

Grub could be trained on a low quad to make all your flowers primaries...
DC4EAD23-4CA7-43A7-9C8C-0D16CC1B8EA8.jpeg

... for Sy’ience :cheer:

I'm very grateful to have found this community. :green_heart::thumb:
:circle-of-love:
Hell. Yes.

She is looking amazing! I’ve seen your space restrictions and you :thedoubletake: are a wizard!
You should be super proud of her! Those flowers will double in size yet, and get more dense too.

:cheer:

I have no prior experience/point of reference, so it's hard to know how we'll she's doing. Cheers!!

:snowboating:

Grub could be trained on a low quad to make all your flowers primaries...

Don't you worry mate, I've already planned for it to be the lowest quadline since ancient Babylon.

Thanks for sharing that track, DD! And ahoy there @Maritimer!

Arohanui (much love) to those of us who have been exploited and then abandoned by such systems. I served for two years in the military as a young man, and while I was never in active combat, there are things from that time that still haunt and possess me, and that I still need to overcome to this day.

I'm very grateful to have found this community. :green_heart::thumb:
Ahoy @syenite ,
I hope you can find ways to leave the past behind you.
The serenity prayer helps me. :love:

Hey @syenite and everyone sorry been super busy job hunting and medical stuff. Seems every day I'm on the phone with a doc, in a docs office, or doing a 2 hour long application. Anyway glad to see you're baby is a full grown woman now and looking good. I will try and back track slowly to catch up but may take some time. I do have a slight issue with specifically 1 plant since having to move em back outside to flower. They all seem to have a slight nutrient issue I did forget to feed em for over a week. Honestly maybe 2 sucks cause when I get to it mosquitoes are kicking my ass. Hopefully u don't mind going show a few pics of 1 I'm most worried about.

Sorry bad pics crap phone but hopefully you can tell the leaves are turning yellow and orangish brown in the middle near where the pistols are. They are also kinda doing this withering in like all wrinkled. As if they need to be ironed. Its at basically every bud site to some degree and mainly just the bud sites. Other leaves are getting droopy with the tips getting light yellow and curling. Idk what it could be. Since so many fellow this grow journal are mad cool and know their stuff I was hoping for any help. Thanks @syenite and every1

Attachments

• 20200917_160855.jpg
    20200917_160855.jpg
    875.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200917_160901.jpg
    20200917_160901.jpg
    959.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200917_160917.jpg
    20200917_160917.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20200917_160958.jpg
    20200917_160958.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200917_160853.jpg
    20200917_160853.jpg
    888.3 KB · Views: 21
:ciao: thanks for all thevideo links. Some of my favourite folks talking to each other :thumb:

And thanks for the Linda CS reference a few pages back too...

Nice to see the garden coming along for you :)

inching closer to a name for her, too. I'm terrible with names.

I was gonna say... Bubba Kush :laughtwo: but i was too slow...

Oh and dont mind the meadis-heavy apges and my choked-behind-VPN bandwidth - I do fine and IIRC i posted something to discourag people from making full quotes of posts with lots of images because it doubles the page-load speed ;) (It easy to delete all the pics in a quote - unles they’re necessary of course).

I dont sweat over rootboundedness as much as others. Unless the plant can really no longer get what it wants. And a few roots poking out the bottom holes is nothing to worry about either, in my (small and still learning) book :thumb: It can start happening pretty quickly - as you saw!

Hey @syenite and everyone sorry been super busy job hunting and medical stuff. Seems every day I'm on the phone with a doc, in a docs office, or doing a 2 hour long application. Anyway glad to see you're baby is a full grown woman now and looking good. I will try and back track slowly to catch up but may take some time. I do have a slight issue with specifically 1 plant since having to move em back outside to flower. They all seem to have a slight nutrient issue I did forget to feed em for over a week. Honestly maybe 2 sucks cause when I get to it mosquitoes are kicking my ass. Hopefully u don't mind going show a few pics of 1 I'm most worried about.

Hey glad to have you back Carl! Sounds like you've been on the grind. Hope all that is trucking along ok, and that you've seen some progress for your health. :Namaste:

You are always welcome to post here.

Sorry bad pics crap phone but hopefully you can tell the leaves are turning yellow and orangish brown in the middle near where the pistols are. They are also kinda doing this withering in like all wrinkled. As if they need to be ironed. Its at basically every bud site to some degree and mainly just the bud sites. Other leaves are getting droopy with the tips getting light yellow and curling. Idk what it could be. Since so many fellow this grow journal are mad cool and know their stuff I was hoping for any help. Thanks @syenite and every1

Yeah those pics definitely show that crumpling/wrinkling and yellowing near the bud site. I've not seen anything quite like it before. Anyone else have any ideas? Maybe a root zone issue?

But the fact that it's just the bud sites is plain weird! :eek:

I'm sure some others here can hazard a guess or two!

:ciao: thanks for all thevideo links. Some of my favourite folks talking to each other :thumb:

And thanks for the Linda CS reference a few pages back too...

You're very welcome Amy! I'm still in that honeymoon period with all this new information, and everyday I chow down huge bowls of it. I'm sure the compulsion will slow down soon. Right? :laugh:

Nice to see the garden coming along for you :)

Thank you. It's a pleasure (and relief) to have gotten this far. I'm building confidence every day.

I'm still so new, but it also feels like I've been here forever? :laughtwo::hookah:

I was gonna say... Bubba Kush :laughtwo: but i was too slow...

:laughtwo: I gotta say that there are a lot of dumb names for cultivars out there. But I genuinely do like "Bubba Kush"!

I liked "Grub" because you can still hear the echoes of "Bubba" in there. Grubba Kush. Bubba Grub.

I dont sweat over rootboundedness as much as others. Unless the plant can really no longer get what it wants. And a few roots poking out the bottom holes is nothing to worry about either, in my (small and still learning) book :thumb: It can start happening pretty quickly - as you saw!

Yes, you're right! Nothing could illustrate this better for me than @InTheShed's plant (was it a Candida??) that was in a solo cup for like 2 years or whatever. :laugh:

I also know that it's good to let them really "fill in" each successive pot, before up-potting, to optimise root growth.

There have just been additional considerations for me. In the first instance the pot was really too small (probably the equivalent volume of a half cup) and the seedling was suffocating/drowning. I am confident of my diagnosis there.

In the second instance I was worried about Grub not getting the time to fill out the final pot before flip. With such a small space (1 cubic foot between soil and top of box) I can't really drag out veg for too long, so I wanted to get her into the final pot sooner, in the hope that she can really fill it out before flip. :thumb:

Will do, and congrats on the new beans! And Grub seems to be coming along nicely :).

Is that the start of a deficiency on the Desert? It's looking pale around the edges of all the leaves.

Yes, the yellowing has been there since stretch, unfortunately! I've upped her feed, both in terms of frequency (I was foolishly paranoid of overwatering and she was only being fed once a week, for a while), and in terms of concentration (now at the high end of the recommended dose).

If the yellowing continues, I will increase the PPM again.

Here's a pic from yesterday morning (in daylight) so you can see the extent of it more clearly.

IMG_9665.jpeg

Just noticed it now for some reason! I'm sure you'll get a handle on it.

Appreciate you following up on it! @DonkeyDick very kindly gifted me some MC, and I can try that if things get desperate. I should probably also talk to Canna if things get worse. I had a great discussion with their grow guy last time :laugh:

I’ll ’see’ that rootball... :laughtwo:

This one (photographed yesterday for a post I haven’t managed to make yet ;) ) is about 5 weeks from seed in a half gallon (2L) pot. Most definitely needing transplant now - won’t happen for about 3 days, near-daily dunking in the meantime.

582D73B7-D761-45BE-926F-B65A38A212A4.jpeg

A little rootbounded-ness is nothing to panic about! :thumb:

Hey glad to have you back Carl! Sounds like you've been on the grind. Hope all that is trucking along ok, and that you've seen some progress for your health. :Namaste:

You are always welcome to post here.

Yeah those pics definitely show that crumpling/wrinkling and yellowing near the bud site. I've not seen anything quite like it before. Anyone else have any ideas? Maybe a root zone issue?

But the fact that it's just the bud sites is plain weird! :eek:

I'm sure some others here can hazard a guess or two!
Thanks for asking definitely feeling better I got the spinal injection which honestly wasn't bad. Now it's full job search time since I don't need to worry about the 2 months without insurance. Yea I have no clue what it could be. Trust me if I had a better camera be not dramatic. I did notice a slight split in the middle of the main branch. Like something made a split in it lol I know eloquently stated. I don't think it could be the reason though as it is all bud sites even ones below split. I fed them all good the other 3 are improving the 1 in the pics is well stable. Another thing the wilted is a seen in the back of 1 pic was super hard to pull off though pretty much dead today. Normally if a deficiency it's easy to pull off but it just didn't want off. Going research split in stem cause maybe. I know I didn't do it just hope not root issue Cause I know that be wtf at this point. I haven't overwatered at all so idk

Yes, the yellowing has been there since stretch, unfortunately! I've upped her feed, both in terms of frequency (I was foolishly paranoid of overwatering and she was only being fed once a week, for a while), and in terms of concentration (now at the high end of the recommended dose).

If the yellowing continues, I will increase the PPM again.

Here's a pic from yesterday morning (in daylight) so you can see the extent of it more clearly.

IMG_9665.jpeg
Yes @DonkeyDick that's a good catch. I kinda noticed it when I looked at pics. Just be careful with upping nutes I'm sure you already know but it's just what I did 1st time they got sick. Lost several babies so just see give time between feedings.

Back
Top Bottom