Fuzzy1981's Fox Farm Ocean Forrest Northern Lights 2019

day 33 and the new tops are growing good. starting to get a smell of pot to them when i open up the grow tent. reading along in doc buds journal and starting to understand some of it i think.
DSC07189.JPG

Here’s an overly simplistic way of thinking about organic growing as I understand it.

1. Buy a bunch of organic stuff, use it. Use organic soil and directly feeding organic nutrients to the plant. This is about the extent of my experience.

2. Create a living soil environment. Feed the microbial life in the soil which in turn feeds the plants. This is a major aspect of Docs method and formula feed.

3. High brix is basically a form of #2, but we place a focus monitoring the sugar content in the plant or the brix. You’re basically doing #2, but using the brix as your point of reference.

Doc buds formula will work as a #1 and #2 like any organic feed. However, if you decide you like the initial results, the eventual goal is to begin measuring brix, and working based on the results of those measurements.

This may be off as I’m a bit of a noob myself, but my hope is that it sheds a bit of light on what you’ve already read.

Here’s an overly simplistic way of thinking about organic growing as I understand it.

1. Buy a bunch of organic stuff, use it. Use organic soil and directly feeding organic nutrients to the plant. This is about the extent of my experience.

2. Create a living soil environment. Feed the microbial life in the soil which in turn feeds the plants. This is a major aspect of Docs method and formula feed.

3. High brix is basically a form of #2, but we place a focus monitoring the sugar content in the plant or the brix. You’re basically doing #2, but using the brix as your point of reference.

Doc buds formula will work as a #1 and #2 like any organic feed. However, if you decide you like the initial results, the eventual goal is to begin measuring brix, and working based on the results of those measurements.

This may be off as I’m a bit of a noob myself, but my hope is that it sheds a bit of light on what you’ve already read.
yes that is very helpful, i definately needed it explained differently to me. to sciencey for me to get right off the bat.

i noticed the tips of my critical mass have turned downward, is this the claw? i've added nothing to the soil, except for when i transplanted them. i put in some root and plant growth 1-0-1 at half strength but that was two weeks ago. the growth rate seems to be good and the leaves are not dark green at all.
DSC07192.JPG

actually i noticed it a couple days ago, but i didn't pay attention to it. it was very slight then and slowly got to where it is now. it's been all strait tap water at 250 ppm p.h.d at 6.5 and kept in the same grow tent at the same temp as every thing else. no chlorine in a well.. even left for 24 hours to release anything that could still be bad in it. but no bubble stones in it, kinda figured since it was tap water it shouldn't need it.

i did some research and found this pic, it is almost exactly what my plants looked like at that stage with the leaf curling that we thought was overwatering. it says.. shit i cant find the link now. im almost certain he said iron deficency. i just thought this might be a good reference, to what my plants looked like earlier in the styrofoam cup. not my plant but look back on page three or four and you'll see mine
pic3.png

Getting a micro deficiency like Iron is pretty rare unless it’s locked out for other reasons like ph being out of wack or an unhealthy build up of other stuff like calcium or salts.

If your plants look like they do at the top of pg 10, I don’t see any red flags. Generally speaking, if your new growth looks good, it’s fine. If you begin to see spotting on the leaves around the veins or discoloration besides what’s not getting light at the bottom then we can go from there.

I've got one NL that looks sad and another that looks like she's ready for anything. I've also got another clone I just put into coco. I think my sad one has been getting too much water/food. I'm gonna wait a week and see what happens. I've never killed a plant waiting a week, even when I was out of town. Sometimes doing nothing is the hardest thing to do.

Now if I could only follow my own advice...

Getting a micro deficiency like Iron is pretty rare unless it’s locked out for other reasons like ph being out of wack or an unhealthy build up of other stuff like calcium or salts.

If your plants look like they do at the top of pg 10, I don’t see any red flags. Generally speaking, if your new growth looks good, it’s fine. If you begin to see spotting on the leaves around the veins or discoloration besides what’s not getting light at the bottom then we can go from there.
so far nothing other than the clawed tips the leaves have no spotting. and i have two p.h. meters that i use to make sure one isn't out of whack. here is a pic from tonight. the one leaf is a little bent from the fan being on it, i turned it around and it's fine now.
DSC07195.JPG

Back
Top Bottom