GDB's Bubblegum Machine

Hello friends.

Its Day 38 for the Bubblegum Machine.

The group remains content, with Kera Bgum (back left) just flexing!
Bubblegum Tent 4-17-22 D38.jpg

They don't know it yet, but today is MOVING DAY! The four plants in the back will be moved to the basement tent, leaving just the clones in this one.

The basement chamber is ready and waiting. I sanitized her yesterday and fired everything up to get the environment dialed in. She's running at 77F and 47% RH.
Basement tent cleaned.jpg

I'll post another pic later when the plants are in place.

Thanks for your interest and have a wonderful Sunday.

Peace.

The basement chamber is ready and waiting. I sanitized her yesterday and fired everything up to get the environment dialed in. She's running at 77F and 47% RH.
Nice!!! Good environmental numbers. Feels good getting things where the plants will be happy. Mine has been easy to keep consistent lately but I know my warmest and most difficult time is ahead.

This is your flowering tent, yes? Also, is the wooden platform for insulation to keep the saucers from being on the ground? Or to add height for easier maintenance?

I'm thinking of doing something similar as long as i don't veg my plants for so damn long like I have been, causing tall ads plants. I'm leaning toward shorter plants at a better height for easier in and out maintenance.

Here's a quick plug in of your numbers in case you'd like a visual.
Screenshot_20220417-103641_Chrome.jpg

Nice!!! Good environmental numbers. Feels good getting things where the plants will be happy. Mine has been easy to keep consistent lately but I know my warmest and most difficult time is ahead.

This is your flowering tent, yes? Also, is the wooden platform for insulation to keep the saucers from being on the ground? Or to add height for easier maintenance?

I'm thinking of doing something similar as long as i don't veg my plants for so damn long like I have been, causing tall ads plants. I'm leaning toward shorter plants at a better height for easier in and out maintenance.

Here's a quick plug in of your numbers in case you'd like a visual.
Screenshot_20220417-103641_Chrome.jpg
I don't have "a" flowering tent Baked. My grows are not organized to the point where I move plants from a veg tent to a flower tent. My method is more like germinate them and then "put them where they need to be when they need to be there."

I have three tents. I use my short 2x2 mostly for seedlings and beginner clones. Then I use either my 4x4 or my 5x5 to move them to when required. But they're almost always still in veg when they get moved and they get flipped to flower in whichever tent they're sitting in when the flip date arrives. Currently I have another grow going and its plants are in flower in the 4x4. You can see them here. But I don't consider the 4x4 my "flowering tent" either.

The wooden platform on the floor of the 5x5 is mostly for the winter months. Because that tent is in the basement, the floor gets quite cold in winter. So yes, the platform is to keep pots off the cold floor and my roots nice and warm.

Thanks for the screen shot Baked! I've saved a copy for future reference.:thanks:

Hello growers.

Its Day 39 for the Bubblegum Machine.

I did not move the Bubblegum plants to the basement tent yesterday as I said I would. At the last minute I realized that I had yet to give the plants any SNS 209 in their feeds. I have a problem with unwanted guests in the basement and need to get the plants prepped for that possibility.

So last night I watered them all with plain water + 4ml Sensi Calmag (4-0-0) + 8ml of SNS 209. I'll move them downstairs today. Once down there, their next 4-5 drench feeds will include SNS 209. (I have several 5 gallon buckets down there already filled with "finely-aged" tap water. The first one I'll use for feeding has already been pre-loaded with SNS 209.)

As you may have seen, most of the plants have been topped, had their bottoms cleaned and their lowest nodes secured with CarcassSticks®. As the plants grow and give me more to work with I begin some minor training of the upper node. When I'm able, I use small pieces of pipe cleaner to gently secure the top branch to the top fan life in order to encourage its movement outward. "Gently" is key. If you bind the branch too tightly it'll get mucked up, take my word for it!

That's what I did to the RQ Bgum II this morning.

RQ Bgum II 4-18-22 toptrain D39.jpg

I'll get these girls moved today for sure!

As always, thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello grow gang.

It's Day 39 for the Bubblegum Machine and I got the girls moved into the basement this morning.

All of a sudden, the plants look a lot smaller! :)

Here, they will bask in the sunlight of the @NextLight Mega and have all the room they need to do whatever they want to do.

I'll let them stay in those 2 gallon (and single 1 gallon) pots for about 14 days and then up-pot them all. The 3 in the 2 gallon pots will go into 5 gallon pots. I'm still uncertain about how I will proceed with the "twin."

I won't be able to flip these by day 50, which was my target. I'll try to get them flipped before they reach day 70.

Bubblegum Tent 4--18-22 moved D39.jpg
Now, I just need to keep my arch-enemies at bay!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

They look so tiny and cute now ;) Lots of room to fill. Good luck on the ongoing struggle.

Hello friends.

Its Day 38 for the Bubblegum Machine.

The group remains content, with Kera Bgum (back left) just flexing!
Bubblegum Tent 4-17-22 D38.jpg

They don't know it yet, but today is MOVING DAY! The four plants in the back will be moved to the basement tent, leaving just the clones in this one.

Basement tent cleaned.jpg

I'll post another pic later when the plants are in place.

Thanks for your interest and have a wonderful Sunday.

Peace.
Oh man @Trala is going to love that tidy grow space! Well done GDB!

NTH

Thanks Budman!

Good luck on the ongoing struggle.
The last grow I did it this tent was The Auto Show.

While it was autoflowering plants, one of them ran for over a 100 days so there was ample time for my enemies to strike. But from beginning to end, I never spotted a single critter.

I didn't mention it at the time because I didn't want to jinx things!

Early on in that the grow all the plants were given SNS 209 in their first 5-6 drench feeds. I credit the SNS with keeping the enemy in check.

This group will get the same treatment. In addition, these girls were amended with insect frass when they were up-potted from their solo cups. The insect frass is said to be an anti-bugger too.

I have high hopes for another pest-free experience! :Rasta:

Hey NTH long time no see ... Looking good after the move GDB , Glad you getting ahead of the bugs if they come .. See old people can learn stuff . Well in my case SOMETIMES .
LMAO, Smoke!

Yeah, "sometimes" for me too. I'm like an old dog who keeps getting told, "Sit" but responds by rolling over.

Eventually, I get it and sit. :laughtwo:

Oh man @Trala is going to love that tidy grow space! Well done GDB!
Thanks, NTH.

However, @Trala recently sent a wild, attack-rabbit after me. I don't care whether she likes my space or not! :rofl:

The wooden platform on the floor of the 5x5 is mostly for the winter months. Because that tent is in the basement, the floor gets quite cold in winter. So yes, the platform is to keep pots off the cold floor and my roots nice and warm.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I found mine to not be that cold and helped keep my tent cool. Mine are on elevated plant rolling coaster thingies. Keeps them insulated enough for my needs. I forgot about the deepness of the cold yall get back east. Bitter kind of cold. Normally it goes from flip flop weather to being forced to wear socks and crocs. And pants...I hate it when I'm forced to wear pants.
The first one I'll use for feeding has already been pre-loaded with SNS 209
How long has it been in the water. They claim efficacy is only 2 weeks. I've always tried to use it right away when drenching. When I was doing the foliar, I started only mixing 8-16oz of spray at a time so it was fresh. Just a thought.

Hey Baked!
They claim efficacy is only 2 weeks.
Thanks for this nugget. I put it in yesterday so I'll count down from then.
Mine are on elevated plant rolling coaster thingies.
Love the descriptive language. So easy to understand and visualize! :Rasta:
I forgot about the deepness of the cold yall get back east. Bitter kind of cold.
Oh, yeah!

Here you see squirrels in the park during winter warming their nuts around a campfire! :)

Congrats on both the move and lack of those that shall not be named!

Some folks find it more difficult to sit on things that are too low.

And there you have it!
Clever, Shed!

Not funny, but clever! :rofl:

They're looking great, GDB -
Hard to believe they'll ever fill that space...but give them 60 days, it'll be wall to wall weed in there...

They're looking great, GDB -
Hard to believe they'll ever fill that space...but give them 60 days, it'll be wall to wall weed in there...
Thanks, Carcass.

I hope they at least grow large enough that I can get some better pics! :straightface:

No worries about that- just give 'em a few weeks!

I should probably know this, but why can't you flip them on day 50?
They are at 40 days today and I've yet to up-pot. And based on the amount of water they're drinking (about every three days), they're not ready for up-pot.

I'm thinking at least another 10 days before I'll consider up-potting and that puts me at day 50.

Once I up-pot and give them a few days to settle in, I'll be at, say, day 53.

From there, I want to take advantage of the wider diameter of the larger pots to open the plants up by tying down branches further out. Two weeks of doing that will put me around day 67.

Then, if the plants agree, I can then think about flipping. Day 70 is a safe bet.

Thanks for asking @Carcass. Now I have a documented "plan." :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom