GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Skeptisism has its place, but when you have so much overwhelming evidence about something actually living up to the claims, its just silly to continue to cast doubts and aspersions towards people who use and edorse them as if it is a "cult" thing or some other such nonsense.

Just trying to help you find an easy and surefire way to grow better plants.

What do you have to loose by buying a couple and doing your own side by side? I already know that the Air Pot is going to trounce your conventional pot. ;)

GDP #1 HARVEST UPDATE
Time to Pluck the Purple!

I really had wanted to use my new camera to take these following shots, but it won't be here till tomorrow. With our first winter storm of the season bearing down on us with possible snow, I wanted to get this plant cut tonight so I had one less girl to worry about.

So here we go!

Most of the leaves have been trimmed off before chopping off the branches at the main stalk.

P1012062.JPG

Some last minute "living" bud photos!

P1012066.JPG
P1012065.JPG
p1012063.JPG

After the Chop!

Total wet weight at harvest...

1 POUND 7.95 ounces!

P1012069.JPG
p1012070.JPG

So now the buds have been hung with care and in about 3-5 days they will be ready for jarring and I will get some shots of them then! :thumb:

Thanks for watching everyone! :ciao:

More updates coming real soon! :thanks:

Goldengoose7 said:
GDP #1 HARVEST UPDATE
Time to Pluck the Purple!

I really had wanted to use my new camera to take these following shots, but it won't be here till tomorrow. With our first winter storm of the season bearing down on us with possible snow, I wanted to get this plant cut tonight so I had one less girl to worry about.

So here we go!

Most of the leaves have been trimmed off before chopping off the branches at the main stalk.

Some last minute "living" bud photos!

After the Chop!

Total wet wait at harvest...

1 POUND 7.95 ounces!

So now the buds have been hung with care and in about 3-5 days they will be ready for jarring and I will get some shots of them then! :thumb:

Thanks for watching everyone! :ciao:

More updates coming real soon! :thanks:

What a harvest! Seeing ur GDP really makes me wanna grow something purple too. Besides the obvious grandpappy purple what would u recommend? I kno there is urkle, the purps, and purple kush.
Also what's ur drying method. I see in the pics there is still some leaf matter on d plant. Is this all d trimmin u do or do u trim b4 jarring too?

What a harvest! Seeing ur GDP really makes me wanna grow something purple too. Besides the obvious grandpappy purple what would u recommend? I kno there is urkle, the purps, and purple kush.
Also what's ur drying method. I see in the pics there is still some leaf matter on d plant. Is this all d trimmin u do or do u trim b4 jarring too?

Thanks Man!

It was a little more than I had been expecting since this plant went through a period of some soil issues which kind of slowed her down a bit. Still, over a pound and half of wet cut from a plant that was 32 inches tall aint too bad. ;)

I figure probably around 4 ounces of dried bud, maybe 4.5. At dispensary prices that works out to about $2500.00 big ones! :cheer:

In terms of readily available purples... I would check out Medicinal Organic Nursery Purp Diesel. I may be growing some of this myself in the not too distant future.

Supposed to be very similar to GDP but with a bit different smell and taste. Nothing tastes or smells like real GDP, so that is kind of an obvious statement! :laughtwo:

Anyway... Check out their web site. They're not very good with getting back promptly with emails unfortunately. Maybe check and see if a local house carries their line!

My second place winner in the July Plant of the Month contest was a Blue Cheese plant grown from MON seed stock. Great buzz! :thumb:

Sorry! I totally missed this part of your post!

Drying...

I hang the branches upside down in a broom closet with a fan running on a timer. The fan blows against the door and backwashes around and through all the hanging buds. Each branch is held in place with a plastic clothespin to piece of twine stretched across the walls of the closet.

I did cut all of the fan leaves off before I chopped the plant down, but there were a few stragglers that I missed. I HATE harvesting! While it is kind of fun to weigh it and stuff, cutting and trimming takes forever and is a drag as far as I am concerned. Earlier today before I harvested the plant, I went out there and took a portion of the fan leaves off. Came back a few hours later and did some more clipping, and then again.

So... When it came time to chop the plant, all I basically had to do was cut all the branches off and bring them into the house for weighing! :thumb:

In about 3-4 days, I will take out a branch or two and manicure the buds while they are all still on their main branches. Then I will hang them back up. I'll do this over a few days. I just don't have the stamina to sit there for 6 hours straight trimming and manicuring 1.75 pounds of pot! LOL!! :laughtwo:

Did that answer your question?

Awesome buds, Bro! :welldone:

Not a huge producer, but some REAL fine looking nugs! :bravo:

Thanks Mr. K!

Not a huge producer? Really? I thought 1.79 pounds was pretty darn good for a 32" tall plant. BBK #1 was 1 pound 10 ounces with the fan leaves still on. I think they ended up to be about the same actually. I'll most certainly take it! 4 to 5 ounces of genuine GDP? Hell yes! I can't wait till this collection of bud is ready for sampling! :thumb:

Wish you guys could see these things in person! They have the firm consistency of raw Broccoli! VERY dense!

Really sucks that my new camera got delayed in transit and didn't get here today! Had really wanted to take some really sharp closeups of these buds while they were still live on the plant!

Oh well...

Thanks MS! Your comments about my POTM entry are most appreciated!

So you've got a big harvest tonight too eh? Excellent! How much are you hoping to pull from this latest crop? I'll definitely be monitoring your journal for the photo updates! :thumb:

I was totally caught off guard by GDP #1's incredibly rapid ripening. Just last week I checked the trichomes with my loupe and it looked like she was on the path for a harvest on the 9th. But over the last 4 days, she has turned up the heat on her ripening process and knocked a good week off that time! Don't think I have ever seen a plant change trichome state that quickly!

I could actually chop her as we speak, but I am going to give her one more day in the sun to let the Clearex do a little more flushing. I gave her two treatments 36 hours apart. Because of the rapid ripening it totally threw my whole flushing schedule off. I normally like to do the full two weeks before the chop and then not water for four days before harvest. That isn't going to happen this time, and with that winter storm bearing down on us, this is the last dry day we are going to see until Friday. Will be one less plant to cover tonight before the rain gets here! Damn good thing the last normal feeding she had was almost 10 days ago.

I was telling Budman in a PM that I suspect the HUGE temp swings we have been seeing up here the last week as the likely cause. Our low this morning was 49.8, but our high yesterday was over 78! That is a HUGE difference! Definitely proves beyond any doubt that the genuine strain really does need those cold overnights, just like Ken Estes said it did! After all, he invented GDP so who better to know stuff like that? No wonder some indoor growers complain about genuine GDP not turning color for them. They probably never give it those cold temps. Would be pretty hard to simulate mother nature that well indoors.

I definitely know now that I always need to flower my GDP in late July/early August for a harvest around the first week of October! While GDP #2 had purple in its buds, they were nothing as dark and rich colored as these! :thumb:

Perhaps a Nug of the Month in my future?

Hey Goose,

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head here. It's the cool weather that I find that really brings out the colors. From what I understand you want to dip as low as 50 degrees to optimally affect the most deepest colors. In my location this year temps didn't dive below 60. My purple OG Kush just showed a little purple tint.

Luckily though my harvest date fell right at about the correct time just before the storm. Actually I had planned letting them go another week, but I think it all worked out for the best.
Next year will be much easier for me growing in the airpots. There's something about growing in containers that give you that peace of mind knowing you can move them around when needed.
My cloned container plants for instance are now resting nice and dry in my outdoor covered patio area. :)

It's also a huge relief knowing that the white moth can't get my container plants. I bring them into my enclosed patio area every night before dark. Man that was a pain in the (_|_) having to deal with the pillars this year. Every day having to stand out with a damn pair of tweezers picking pillars out of your buds... I think someone upstairs just didn't want me growing this year.. haha.
All and all though I am pretty confident I won the war on pillars, but sure doubled my work.. haha.

Every grow though I learn something new.. You learn how to avoid the bad experiences, and improve on the good ones. That is always a good thing. You never can know it all.

Oh, and I have to commend you again on your GDP. You couldn't ask for a better looking plant!. :thumb:

Hey Goose,

Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head here. It's the cool weather that I find that really brings out the colors. From what I understand you want to dip as low as 50 degrees to optimally affect the most deepest colors. In my location this year temps didn't dive below 60. My purple OG Kush just showed a little purple tint.

Luckily though my harvest date fell right at about the correct time just before the storm. Actually I had planned letting them go another week, but I think it all worked out for the best.
Next year will be much easier for me growing in the airpots. There's something about growing in containers that give you that peace of mind knowing you can move them around when needed.
My cloned container plants for instance are now resting nice and dry in my outdoor covered patio area. :)

It's also a huge relief knowing that the white moth can't get my container plants. I bring them into my enclosed patio area every night before dark. Man that was a pain in the (_|_) having to deal with the pillars this year. Every day having to stand out with a damn pair of tweezers picking pillars out of your buds... I think someone upstairs just didn't want me growing this year.. haha.
All and all though I am pretty confident I won the war on pillars, but sure doubled my work.. haha.

Every grow though I learn something new.. You learn how to avoid the bad experiences, and improve on the good ones. That is always a good thing. You never can know it all.

Oh, and I have to commend you again on your GDP. You couldn't ask for a better looking plant!. :thumb:

Thanks Budman! Yeah! Having a good climate similar to Humbolt County definitely helps with getting any of these true purple strains to change for ya!

Thats so cool that you were able to bring in such a good harvest in spite of all those horrible problems you had with the caterplllars!

Good job yourself my friend! :thumb:

Beware The Rains of October!!

We got hit VERY hard early this morning. Even though I staked all the Urkles as best as I could, several of them couldn't stand up to the weight of the water and broke the stakes they were tied to and keeled completely over. One looks to have completely snapped its stalk at the base and others are leaning over badly!! Oh the humanity! :laughtwo:

Its too soggy to get back there right now, but it looks likely that I have lost at least four plants! Fortunately, the two original ones appear to have survived along with the remaining 18 plants! :thumb:

From what I can see from the house, at least the rest of them are still standing upright! We were able to cover GDP #3 and move all the smaller plants under our patio. The ones up here on the back deck of the house.

We got over an inch of rain in less than four hours which is a pretty heavy amount for this early in the season and they were BIG DROPS! Lost power for about 4 hours starting around 2AM. It just came back on around 5:45 AM this morning. Thats life in the mountains during the winter!

I'll go out there and get some photos in a bit. The clouds are parting now and it appears that at least for now, the first wave of this monster system is moving out of our area! :cheer:

Beware The Rains of October!!

We got hit VERY hard early this morning. Even though I staked all the Urkles as best as I could, several of them couldn't stand up to the weight of the water and broke the stakes they were tied to and keeled completely over. One looks to have completely snapped its stalk at the base and others are leaning over badly!! Oh the humanity! :laughtwo:

Its too soggy to get back there right now, but it looks likely that I have lost at least four plants! Fortunately, the two original ones appear to have survived along with the remaining 18 plants! :thumb:

From what I can see from the house, at least the rest of them are still standing upright! We were able to cover GDP #3 and move all the smaller plants under our patio. The ones up here on the back deck of the house.

We got over an inch of rain in less than four hours which is a pretty heavy amount for this early in the season and they were BIG DROPS! Lost power for about 4 hours starting around 2AM. It just came back on around 5:45 AM this morning. Thats life in the mountains during the winter!

I'll go out there and get some photos in a bit. The clouds are parting now and it appears that at least for now, the first wave of this monster system is moving out of our area! :cheer:

Sorry about the rain, I hope that there is not to much damage. I wish the storm would pass here, it looks like it is night time here right now.

Sorry about the rain, I hope that there is not to much damage. I wish the storm would pass here, it looks like it is night time here right now.

Thanks HMG!

I just got back from surveying the back hill. None of the plants actually snapped at the base, they just bent way over without breaking. I think I might be ok with all of them. Just going to leave them alone and come back upright on their own time.

We are just going to get more rain later anyway, so it is better to just let them lay there like they are until all this blows over.

Are you in So Cal?

All the current storm activity has moved to our east, but I see a lot of activity south west of us. We get a lot of what they call "UPSLOPE" where the moist air hits the Sierra and condenses into clouds and then rain.

Thanks HMG!

I just got back from surveying the back hill. None of the plants actually snapped at the base, they just bent way over without breaking. I think I might be ok with all of them. Just going to leave them alone and come back upright on their own time.

We are just going to get more rain later anyway, so it is better to just let them lay there like they are until all this blows over.

Are you in So Cal?

All the current storm activity has moved to our east, but I see a lot of activity south west of us. We get a lot of what they call "UPSLOPE" where the moist air hits the Sierra and condenses into clouds and then rain.

No I live in WA.

After I was being so careful with my container plants by avoiding the white moth attacks, I left my plants out for just a few hours last week at night. Now I found my premier plant had a 1 inch catepillar inside the main cola and a 2nd bud attacked as well. You are so lucky to live in an area where you don't have to deal with that stuff.

I am going to need to get some of your expert advise to setup an indoor grow next year to avoid all this stuff. :)

Goldengoose7 said:
Sorry! I totally missed this part of your post!

Drying...

I hang the branches upside down in a broom closet with a fan running on a timer. The fan blows against the door and backwashes around and through all the hanging buds. Each branch is held in place with a plastic clothespin to piece of twine stretched across the walls of the closet.

I did cut all of the fan leaves off before I chopped the plant down, but there were a few stragglers that I missed. I HATE harvesting! While it is kind of fun to weigh it and stuff, cutting and trimming takes forever and is a drag as far as I am concerned. Earlier today before I harvested the plant, I went out there and took a portion of the fan leaves off. Came back a few hours later and did some more clipping, and then again.

So... When it came time to chop the plant, all I basically had to do was cut all the branches off and bring them into the house for weighing! :thumb:

In about 3-4 days, I will take out a branch or two and manicure the buds while they are all still on their main branches. Then I will hang them back up. I'll do this over a few days. I just don't have the stamina to sit there for 6 hours straight trimming and manicuring 1.75 pounds of pot! LOL!! :laughtwo:

Did that answer your question?

Thanks For the tips bro. U did!

No I live in WA.

Hey HMG! My old stomping grounds! I lived in Seattle for 17 years before moving down here to retire in paradise! Not to say that Seattle isn't a paradise too! I loved living there! I miss the place a lot! :)

Looks like we are both going to be in for another one of these strange La Nina winters! Its starting off just like last October did. We had a 300% above average snow pack this last winter! We are getting flurries right now, both nothing serious.

Hey Goose...
Your buddies here know what kind of grower you are. Your results speak for itself.
Just take a big toke of that award winning bud :bigtoke:

Then let's hear more about your final harvest :riskybusiness:

Hey! Thanks Budman! :thumb:

Like you said! The results speak for themselves! :thumb:

:Namaste::peace:

Hey HMG! My old stomping grounds! I lived in Seattle for 17 years before moving down here to retire in paradise! Not to say that Seattle isn't a paradise too! I loved living there! I miss the place a lot! :)

Looks like we are both going to be in for another one of these strange La Nina winters! Its starting off just like last October did. We had a 300% above average snow pack this last winter! We are getting flurries right now, both nothing serious.

I'm more in the Southeastern region. I hope that we have another winter like last year. Love getting out in the snow and playing with my daughters as much as I can.

Flurries already, I remember one year as a kid going out trick-or-treating in the snow.

Back
Top Bottom