GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

I'm more in the Southeastern region. I hope that we have another winter like last year. Love getting out in the snow and playing with my daughters as much as I can.

Flurries already, I remember one year as a kid going out trick-or-treating in the snow.

Ah yes! I know the area well! You should be getting your wish here in the not too distant future!

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the weather issues, hopefully they all bounce back for you. :goodluck:

Thanks XL! :)

After checking on them, I am not worried. I think once things dry out, they will spring back up to normal again. Just as long as we don't get a freeze tonight!

After checking on them, I am not worried. I think once things dry out, they will spring back up to normal again. Just as long as we don't get a freeze tonight!

I am so happy for you! that is such good news! sorry I have been away for a couple of days, but back at now.
I am going to post my harvest pics and info tomorrow.
When is your next round of harvests? sorry if I missed that info, but I have been wading in all that bullsh someone was flinging - :)

:peace: my friend and may the clouds part and the storms be little!

I am so happy for you! that is such good news! sorry I have been away for a couple of days, but back at now.
I am going to post my harvest pics and info tomorrow.
When is your next round of harvests? sorry if I missed that info, but I have been wading in all that bullsh someone was flinging - :)

:peace: my friend and may the clouds part and the storms be little!

Welcome back MS! Always good to see you here! :thumb:

More harvest photos? Excellent! Congrats again on your recent harvest! :yahoo:

My next harvest? I am figuring maybe another week and then GDP #3 should be ready for the chop! I would like to get GDP 1 into jars before I cut another plant. I am somewhat limited in drying areas. A broom closet and a portion of bedroom closet. This plant filled all my broom closet spots.

My new camera JUST NOW arrived via FedEx, so I am going to open that up and start learning it later tonight. Not sure if you are like this... But when I get something I am really excited about, when it comes, I am kind of afraid to open it in case it doesn't measure up to my expectations? Weird I know! ;)

I have no doubt based on the reviews that I am going to love the E-P3! :thumb:

Stay tuned for more soon! :)

My new camera JUST NOW arrived via FedEx, so I am going to open that up and start learning it later tonight. Not sure if you are like this... But when I get something I am really excited about, when it comes, I am kind of afraid to open it in case it doesn't measure up to my expectations? Weird I know! ;)

I have no doubt based on the reviews that I am going to love the E-P3! :thumb:

Stay tuned for more soon! :)

Hey Goose...

Have been patiently waiting to see some new sparkling pictures from your brand new camera. I am also interested in seeing some comparison shots comparing your old camera to the new one.

Bring them on my friend.. :thumb:

Hey Goose...

Have been patiently waiting to see some new sparkling pictures from your brand new camera. I am also interested in seeing some comparison shots comparing your old camera to the new one.

Bring them on my friend.. :thumb:

Sorry that I haven't posted any photos yet. This first winter storm was pretty intense and it was basically raining all day yesterday and the power and internet were going on and off. We had just under two inches of rain come down (1.87 in) and the ground is saturated out back. Kind of dangerous trying to move around back there when its like this.

The other thing was that this rain was another stark reminder of our loss of Kimba, who loved playing in the puddles in our front yard during rain storms like this. For a cat that loved the water as much as Kimba did, rain was something he delighted in each and every time a storm came through. Gazing out at the front yard yesterday and seeing the spot where he would often play, now empty and devoid of his fun loving spirit and with it the joy these rainy days once held for us, brought a lot of the grief rushing back.

To be honest with you all... I haven't even opened the new camera yet. I just didn't feel like it when it arrived yesterday. Grief is a tough customer and it effects all of us in different ways. I've been trying to put a positive face out there while trying to pretend as if things are back to normal, when in truth, they're not. Kind of wears you down after awhile.

The news of the death of Steve Jobs yesterday was also very, very sad. I'm a HUGE Mac fan/Apple customer. We have 7 Macs here at the house running our survelance camera network, our home theater system, as well as serving as our personal desktop and laptop computers. They are all Apple made products which I personally feel are the only computers worth owning if you prefer to own a tool that just works when you need it to, doesn't get in your way, and doesn't require a huge amount of your time to keep them running properly.

Jobs was a great man, and the world is a better place because of his vision. His inventions certainly changed my life in a positive way.

So... I ask that you be patient with me for awhile longer, while I try to get through this very difficult time. I have my good days and my bad days, but right now, the change of seasons is bringing a lot of reminders of our loss to the fore, which makes it that much harder to get past this tragic event and move on.

Thanks! :Namaste:

Take all the time you need Goose..
Will be waiting to see the pictures when you get the chance. :thumb:

Thanks Budman! :Namaste:

I wanted to let everyone know that I did try out the new camera today and I wasn't satisfied with its macro performance which I use exclusively for my bud shots. I went through all the various options but in the end, my old C2000 is able to get much better bud shots than this new camera.

The test shots were not even worth posting. It was a deal breaker result totally.

It did great for conventional photography, but that isn't what I bought it for, so its going back.

I have renewed respect for my trusty twelve year old C-2000z after seeing how well it holds up overall to the current top of the line Olympus digital camera. When it comes to macro, it kicked the E-P3's ass! :yahoo:

Well, thats $900.00 more than I thought I was going to have this month! ;)

Awesome harvest, they really are colorful in the photos a few pages back. Sux about all the rain youre getting, does the sun dry the buds out fast? Ive never grown outdoors.

Also, when you sell to dispensaries, how much are you able to sell legally?

Awesome harvest, they really are colorful in the photos a few pages back. Sux about all the rain youre getting, does the sun dry the buds out fast? Ive never grown outdoors.

Also, when you sell to dispensaries, how much are you able to sell legally?

Thanks Ricky.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. Those buds are still drying in the closet but they are coming along nicely. I am hoping to move all the plants back out into their usual spots tomorrow since it is supposed to be clear and sunny tomorrow.

The buds should dry out in a few days, and the branches should spring back. Just a little worried about a possible freeze tonight which would be a definite problem.

I haven't gotten any info on selling bud to dispensaries yet. Its not high on my priority list at the moment but I will look into it in the next few weeks and report back. ;)

Hope the plants recover quickly bro. I hate bad weather. Over here it's one day cold one day hot... Messed up my temps till I got my ac

GDP #1 HARVEST UPDATE
Time to Pluck the Purple!

I really had wanted to use my new camera to take these following shots, but it won't be here till tomorrow. With our first winter storm of the season bearing down on us with possible snow, I wanted to get this plant cut tonight so I had one less girl to worry about.

So here we go!

Most of the leaves have been trimmed off before chopping off the branches at the main stalk.

P1012062.JPG

Some last minute "living" bud photos!

P1012066.JPG
P1012065.JPG
p1012063.JPG

After the Chop!

Total wet weight at harvest...

1 POUND 7.95 ounces!

P1012069.JPG
p1012070.JPG

So now the buds have been hung with care and in about 3-5 days they will be ready for jarring and I will get some shots of them then! :thumb:

Thanks for watching everyone! :ciao:

More updates coming real soon! :thanks:

Great Job Bro.....:bravo: & :Namaste:

Thanks Budman! :Namaste:

I wanted to let everyone know that I did try out the new camera today and I wasn't satisfied with its macro performance which I use exclusively for my bud shots. I went through all the various options but in the end, my old C2000 is able to get much better bud shots than this new camera.

The test shots were not even worth posting. It was a deal breaker result totally.

It did great for conventional photography, but that isn't what I bought it for, so its going back.

I have renewed respect for my trusty twelve year old C-2000z after seeing how well it holds up overall to the current top of the line Olympus digital camera. When it comes to macro, it kicked the E-P3's ass! :yahoo:

Well, thats $900.00 more than I thought I was going to have this month! ;)

Hey Goose,

Yeah, after seeing the photos you had taken with your old camera I had a hard time understanding why you wanted a new one. :) But like you say, now you know for sure and your $900.00 richer :thumb:

Hey Goose,

Yeah, after seeing the photos you had taken with your old camera I had a hard time understanding why you wanted a new one. :) But like you say, now you know for sure and your $900.00 richer :thumb:

Hey Budman!

The old one has a few quirks that kind of annoy me, so I thought that this new one would get me better photos. In the end, the quirks of the C-2000 were minor gripes compared to the lackluster macro focusing ability of the new one.

It was worth trying, cause as you say, now I know that my C-2000z is still a great camera for bud photos! :thumb:

awesome job on the purple goose I've got a few baby's short girls that im hoping to get a few more weeks out of that are actually turning purple but this weekend is suppose to get back up to 80 for me so who knows how purple they'll end up

Thanks Mitch!

Good luck with your color change! We might be getting down to 35 tonight, so hopefully the plants don't have too much trouble dealing with that. I'm still waiting for my Purple Urkles to change color. They haven't yet which is somewhat worrying.

Our weather is suppose to get back to normal starting tomorrow and a warming trend for next week. That should bring me through the remaining harvests before we have any chance of another cold front coming in.

Those nugs are beautiful GG7! Congrats on the harvest. I'm going to attempt and make my own GDP, but it will be a GSP (Grandson Purple) since I can't get clones and there's no seeds of this strain. :}

Thanks Tweleve! :thumb:

I wish you much success with your attempt to create your own GDP strain! That would be cool!

I'm up early after our weather station sounded an audible frost alert warning alarm in my bedroom over the rapidly falling temperature outside. 33.5 F right now and falling.

I just got done bringing all the smaller plants that could be carried into the house, but GDP #3 is still out there covered in two layers of plastic along with all the big Urkles and the White Rhino female that are not covered. It usually gets the lowest at around 6AM, so unfortunately it looks like the temp is going to drop below freezing back there. I am probably going to loose all the big Urkles and the White Rhino to this freeze, but there is nothing I can do about it.

This is the risk you take with natural flowering up here at this altitude in October. In addition to the Cannabis, we still have peppers and tomatoes out there too, so we could loose everything remaining outside if it stays below 32 for more than an hour or so.

I'll let everyone know what the final verdict is later today.

Back
Top Bottom