GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal - At Least Until I Change Country

the uk thing sounds like a great idea, im sure their are many under ground labs here, its just none i am aware of, the only place i ever been to was a very secluded farm and i helped with the harvest, but that was over 10 years ago, a nice secluded farm is all thats needed, it sure would be something id be interested in, but the risks are high, very high, security would be a huge problem but finding a secluded place is the only way its possible, but nothing is 100% safe or off the radar, electric costs etc, heat signature and stuff like that all cause growers problems, if i could get away with using more electric then id have more grows going, but i monitor what i use and before i started growing i swapped all the lights in my place to energy saving bulbs to lower the usage, so when i added the hps it made no difference to my cost, well not enough to make a difference to the energy company, but setting up a big grow or co-op grow would be hard to do without questions been raised, machinary would be a way to cover your back so to speak but it would need to looks like it was been used, maybe im thinking to much into it.

with the clones, my aim is to use the water method, i had no success when i tried it last but i was using little plastic tubs with 3 clones in each and none rooted out of 6, so maybe it was the tubs i was using, they was clear so maybe i need black tubs so the light cant get to the base of the clone, i did use rooting gel though so not sure if that made a difference or not, but ill try the next clones without cloning gel,

i did come across an organic mix on this site for successful cloning it was using the bark of some tree i think, ill try and find out where i read it, but basically you mixed it all up and used it for cloning and it gave great results, ill try and find it, but the water method is something im interested in, it would be a good way of choosing the best clone as you could see how the roots are taking, but i failed last time tried, but ill try again when i take the next clones from the hempies

If the toilet roll is successful I would be tempted to let it root in the pot and send it to flower with 2 root systems, double the engine size, double the high speed? So to speak.

Or is that mixing my metaphors?

not this time, want to keep the clones in case i choose that indica as my prefered grow strain.

its a micro enviroment the water dries out too fast, having several of these on each plant and having a bunch of plants, yu would spend most of your day watering them, as it is i need to 4 times a day just for the 3 i have going. add a feed schedule and toxicity checking into the mix and its not viable as a best practice. but its all good for 'shits and giggles'. =)

05-08-12 (day 36?)

Not the best couple of days.

my clones are ruined. the stems were just getting mushy and no roots forming.

my very 1st clone has some pretty colour nute lockout symptoms (not getting worse) and i think it has started new growth.

clones 2,3 and 4 went into pots rather than water and still look fairly healthy. dont know if they have taken yet, so we will have to see.

having looked around at non MJ cloning, it seems that there is a best way and i shall be using that from now on.

in this system a decent clone candidate needs to have an inch of stem and then a node under ground and at least the same above ground.
apparently the growth node is the best place to start root formation...totaly makes sense now i think of it.

also i dont know which clone is which now...i think i have 4 sativa clones. but it matters not. these will just grow and be put to flower as a generic mix of bud.

i now have 2 seperate colour air pots for my 2 breeds and all future clones will go straight into them =)

my little experiment with air rooting is a failure. our plant seems too prone to dampening off before roots take.

finally, i think im going to order some autos just so i have a reasonable weight of smoke sometime soon while i learn to run my other plants properly ;)

well gig atleast its a lesson learned, nothing lost except time I think, I know you cant get it back but you gained some knoledge!
its funny my mom could put just about any kind of plant in a glass of water and POOF anew plant!
it wont be long till you find the right formula. then the seed Co's will be pounding on your door wondering where you went!
good luck bro:)

yeah, everything is still good..its just the timetable thats out of the window. i want a nice big fully cured harvest before xmas.

question. everyone says our plants get bigge when they go to flower, is it just stretch or is it new growth (new nodes)?

for all of my torturing the plants and getting over emotionally invested, they are still only a couple of weeks old and only have 4 or 5 nodes each, still got plenty of growing to do ;)

from my experince it is both new growth and height, the major factor about the stretch that I have learned is to keep the light as close as you can durring that 3 week period. this will premote the new nodes to be closer together and help get you some compact buds. but you know this as its pretty much comon sense and you have that already:high-five:

new nodes is good news!
im assuming that bud only forms from these nodes (yeah i should know already but have forgotten, lol)

my current plants (after snipping away clones) only have about 7 nodes on each. and my monster sativa is currently at 2 nodes, lol.

i still think the monster is going to be the best plant ive ever made, but it is going to take an age to finish, each time it makes a node with 2 side shoots i will top it.

At the very least i plan to break all records of how many tops on a plant without using scrog e.t.c...no tools except a pair of sissors, lol.

i need a reccomendation as to where to buy about a dozen big yeilding auto's. i dont care about freebies (unless its more auto's) as i have my chosen growing strains for now.

i just need to most possible bud from auto's that i can get.

so the air cloning didnt work, its something i was interested in, ill give it a try when my next plants go into the veg room after i have finished flowering these off.

as for the autos, the only auto i have come across that gives big yields is the big bang auto, attitude seeds and herbies did stock it but its hard to get and is always out of stock, xlr8 grew it and got 4.7oz per auto and another grower on here grew it and got over 4oz per auto, its something im looking into getting, i got 20g off my first auto and just over an oz of the 2nd, but the green house seeds auto bomb is a bit strange, i harvested it once and put it back under flower and it flowered again, then i harvested it the 2nd time and left the smallest of buds on it and put it back under the lights, now im getting ready to harvest it a 3rd time, but im getting new leaf growth and new stem growth so not sure whats going on with it, so i got over an oz off it all ready and its still giving more, not sure how far it will go, but im sure ill find out,

but big bang auto is a big yielder so thats where i would start, the grow time is slightly longer though by a week or 2 at the most, but its give good yields every time its grown, x had several and all gave him over 4oz, im sure you can find x and check his auto journal out as he did a journal for it, so he would be a good place to start with any auto questions, but the big bang auto is the only auto i have come across that has big yields, problem is its hard to get as everyone wants it,

so the air cloning didnt work, its something i was interested in, ill give it a try when my next plants go into the veg room after i have finished flowering these off.

as for the autos, the only auto i have come across that gives big yields is the big bang auto, attitude seeds and herbies did stock it but its hard to get and is always out of stock, xlr8 grew it and got 4.7oz per auto and another grower on here grew it and got over 4oz per auto, its something im looking into getting, i got 20g off my first auto and just over an oz of the 2nd, but the green house seeds auto bomb is a bit strange, i harvested it once and put it back under flower and it flowered again, then i harvested it the 2nd time and left the smallest of buds on it and put it back under the lights, now im getting ready to harvest it a 3rd time, but im getting new leaf growth and new stem growth so not sure whats going on with it, so i got over an oz off it all ready and its still giving more, not sure how far it will go, but im sure ill find out,

but big bang auto is a big yielder so thats where i would start, the grow time is slightly longer though by a week or 2 at the most, but its give good yields every time its grown, x had several and all gave him over 4oz, im sure you can find x and check his auto journal out as he did a journal for it, so he would be a good place to start with any auto questions, but the big bang auto is the only auto i have come across that has big yields, problem is its hard to get as everyone wants it,

Thanks don.
the air cloning is not a total write off, it just fails to perform within the parameters of my grow and failed clones of all kinds have harmed my progress heavily. so if you can carry the torch of research thats great! ill be able to contribute more once my grow is on top again.

Those auto's certainly sound like what i need right now and i will get on the case right away.

that specimin you mentioned with the new growth...i would say thats a bit of a holy grail and you should get a clone colony going and test if next gen shared the trait. that shit needs to be bread into the mainstream. perrenial cannabis mutation is not beyond the bounds of reality, especially with all the breeding programs to improve speed and yeild over the years..get that shit verified man and you may just have the don of all plants for breeding out =D

Edit:i cant rep you. seem to be getting that with more and more ppl...may have to ask an admin about it =/

the problem is, this plant that keeps flowering is an auto, i have taken clones from it, well it was an accident i broke a stem off so i cloned it and it has rooted, and its still alive, with the clone the buds seem to keep growing on top of each other, i cloned this about 3 weeks ago and its still alive, ill see what happens with it, chances are it will die. but for now its still alive, the same with the plant it came off, its still alive and still growing even after i harvested it twice, all i can do is see how far it will go, normally it should die after flowering, but with all this cross breeding you will get the odd freak of nature, the problem is as its an auto its hard to take it much further, like i said ill see what happens, it should of died a long time ago after the 1st harvest, but it hasnt, someone told me their was another grower on here who had the same trait in his plant, his wasnt an auto, im trying to find the journal, not found it yet though, but i was told the same thing happens, he harvests it then puts it back under the lights then it grows more buds and he harvests them agian, he has been doing this for ages, or so im told, theirs not much more i can do with it, maybe if i had a male to cross it with then i might get somewhere, but i dont so im stuck really, it has loads of white pistils again, where as before each harvest they had all turned orange/ brown, then after harvest it grew new buds and had the white pistils again so it could be bread with something else,

growers do harvest their plants in stages though, some harvest the top and let the bottom develop then harvest it, well this is sort of what i did, but instead of cutting the branches off that the buds are on i carfully cut the buds off the stem and left the stem with the leaves on it on the plants, then it went back under the lights, i was doing this to get the smaller buds to develop more, but the smaller buds did develop more but then the plant started showing new growth and new leaf growth, ill see what happens its all i can do.

dont worry about the reps, it tells you that you got to spread it more before giving reps again, basically it means you have either give me reps recently or you have not be giving much reps to anyone else, but im not sure how it actually works, might be worth asking admin

ill definatly be keeping an eye on your journal for this bit ;)

yeah im pretty tight with reps, i only give it to posts i believe forwards our communal grow mind in some way.

i dont want to have to start repping lesser important posts just so i can rep the good ones more, defeats the object of reputation.

there should be a time element added to the limit ie: cant rep same user within 72 hours or something.
my ratio for certain members is high, but my overal reps per week is quite low ;)

im not sure how the reps work, it usually seems like i can only rep people once a week, so maybe it has a 7 day limit before you can reps that person again, ill let you know how this auto goes, i just planted another 2 autos, a blueberry auto thats about an inch tall but seems slow growing, the write up said not to let the soil dry out as it locks out certain nutrients and stunts growth badly, but im not so sure this is true, im getting really slow growth now, so ill let it dry out and if its still slow then i know its not over watering, if it speeds up then ill water less often, the other auto i planted which has not sprouted yet is pyramid seeds auto purple,

but when i ordered them 2 autos from herbies he sent me the usual free seeds which is no longer the usual big bud#2, so the normal 3 free seeds was 2 x sleestack x skunk regular, the other free seed was 1 x royal queen fruit spirit femenised, but then herbie sent me loads of extra like plant pot markers that can be re-used, a pack or royal queen seeds mints in a nice tin, a amsterdam royal quuen seed wrist band and some stickers for cars, but herbie emailed me and said he was sending me a new strain so when i checked in the package what this was i found out herbie had sent me an auto fem, so i ended up with 4 free seeds, the free auto fem is royal queen seeds northern lights auto, but ive not planted them yet as i got to much going on,
so depending on how the 2 autos go i got growing now ill need to wait a few weeks before planting that free auto from herbies and the other auto i bought from herbies which is royal bluematic, the 2 i paid for i chose due to the purple strain so im hoping to have some nice purple buds, so ill need to see how they go, im not to convinced at the moment that autos are up to where they need to be, the problem is if we wanted an auto that give a bigger yield then i think we are defeating the issue of them been auto, i mean we can veg plants as long as we want, so having an auto the takes longer to grow is the same as growing a regular plant, for me it gives me the chance to give different strains a try then if i like it i can buy the none auto strain, plus having autos that are quick to grow gives me bud to smoke while im waiting for my non auto plants to finish,

yeah speed of bud production is about the only reason to go auto. yeild is important tho because of the price of seeds (unless you plan on having the time to be a breeder). with 10 of those big bang autos i can expect a kilo of bud it it holds up to its claims, even if you only get 1/3 of rated yeild its still a generous amount of smoking time for the money/effort invested.

i do like the leave the light on and keep em damp approach you can take to auto's ;)

Back
Top Bottom