GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

sorry boss, feel bad about liking your last post. wished I could give you a handfull to tide you over. because I sure would:)

hey guys, thanks for the thoughts...dont worry about me, just a little bit of emo leaking onto the page, lol.

i just went to bed for a bit to sulk, just got woken up by my regular guy, said he is expecting some tonight :party:

Its all good, its the whole reason i got into growing in the first place. im one of these types that likes to smoke from sun up to sun down or im just not the same person and when i cant get any it hits me hard.

fingers crossed, i just need to get from now to feb and after that im hoping ill never run out again.

i know that one of my life goals is to run a campaign of my own getting uk signatures on paper. im convinced that there is more than enough of us to force a change in the law, but somehow the odds are being manipulated.
even if we had a referendum it wouldnt add up because someone is playing shadow games for a different agenda...so the only way to be sure is to collect the signature myself (with a team)...i intend to hit it with a 2 pronged attack...1st will be a mail shot through every door in the united kindom, a little booklet with the true facts and a yes/no vote to legalise e.t.c and the 2nd attack will be in the high streets usingthe same tactics as those charity and sales people that stand there and make you feel bad if you walk past them :rofl:

im waffling now.

anyways, thanks for thinking of me guys...i definatly plan to meet you both one day...but not with empty pockets...it does not befit my intended place in the grand scheme of things. ;)

ok guys gonna do another update in a few days as my plants are starting to outgrow their little hatchery.

but i would just like to do a little dance..:headbanger:...sry its the only dance i know :rofl:

Hydroganics is a raving success.
i have not had to water my plants, i have not had ANY algae problems and my plants are starting to get fast.

i have 2 lines marked on my tub...i have to fill up to the bottom one and that pushes the water up to the top one when i put my pots back in. the water is now almost back to the bottom one and still completely clear....as my roots grow i will make 2 more lines based on full but not wetting the soil any more (roots should pull up enough) and the lowest its safe to leave it dry out.....i think i can squeeze another 30% more drinking time between water changes.

once this grow is complete i can invest a little of it into R&D, emphasis on the D, lol. more lights, better enviro control, bigger tubs with pumps so i dont have to do heavy lifting. and then im going to start playing with different size tubs, but same plants.

i plan to do pots by the litre of soil (1-2 litres of water roots max and all the same) ie 1l pots 2l pots 3l pots and over time i will find the largest pot this strain can utilise (how big can it get if it thinks its unlimited grow space).
if i keep everything equal except the soil volume. im pretty sure we can tighten up the formula on pot size= plant size

wouldnt it be nice to say 1kg of soil = 250g of bud (for that strain) all else being equal.

but anyway...Hydroganics ROCKS!

i have a theory too (of course i do)...we get a lot of reports about there being too many phosphates in our water supply and it costing the government a ton of money for cleaning it....wouldnt that just be a poke in the eye to the man if hydroganics got a dedicated following and we started 'eating' those phosphates for them :rofl:

This is me too my darling. I might as well be over the pond as far away as I am so I can't help either.

I am keeping my fingers crossed it all comes through!

Its all good, its the whole reason i got into growing in the first place. im one of these types that likes to smoke from sun up to sun down or im just not the same person and when i cant get any it hits me hard.

I feel so silly, I can't remember which one of your mad creations you are referring to :bigblush: I am seriously wanting to do a load of 2L auto SOG type thing now I've been thinking on what you said, but I don't want to go all hydro. I am sure you have already written a guide to what goes in them, can you point me at the page so I can buy some stuff? I need more yield in one way or another, and I do have a need for fast turn around, until I can build up a stock.

I am so excited by your excitedness I want to play.

And with people who are nice and not mean to Fluffy. I reckon we need a UK 420 meet up some time :blushsmile:

:high-five::bravo::slide::cheer:

ok guys gonna do another update in a few days as my plants are starting to outgrow their little hatchery.

but i would just like to do a little dance..:headbanger:...sry its the only dance i know :rofl:

Hydroganics is a raving success.

Oh the confusion! :yikes: :)

Explain properly Fluff.

Right. You have some 2L bottles but you said they aren't hempies in the sense of them being pure hydro. I think you put lots of other stuff in them but it is said stuff that I can't remember :smokin:

The reason I wanted to know what stuff and ratios thereof needed to go in them because a few of those in my space could work really well, like you said.

I really want to do the false floor thing, going to have a good think about that when I can.

Thank you for helping frazzled Fluffy :hug:

for yourself at this time, i just recommend 2l bottles with a good amount of holes pierced into them for air pruning. and a decent soil with perlite mixed in and a good drip tray so you can water with a little less effort.

if your willing to add a water element your options open up quite a bit, but the effort involed in getting it set up and running it is greater.

i do not yet recommend trying my hydroganics as its an incomplete experiment and im not willing to sign off on it yet as a superior grow method.

2 questions will help narrow this down.

1 organic or synthetic
2 soil or hydro or something in between ;)

yeah organic soil in pop bottles with a little bit of gravel at the bottom for drainage.

if you can get a good solid drip tray with sides under them, then you can bottom water the lot in a single sitting.

if you do it this way then i reccomend a couple of 2p's or something under the back two corners to just add a tiny bit of angle to the drip tray so that run off/surplus/waste from cleaning the drip tray comes to the front so you dont have to move anything.

so
2l bottle with lots of holes
little bit of gravel at the bottom (anything non porous) then some nice organic soil mixed with perlite. (less perlite means more food and less is needed with lots of air holes)

the best thing about this way is that you can make seaweed/compost tea and pour it into the drip tray to be absorbed upwards rather than trying to pour something on top of every soil top =)

Gig, this is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much! Do they do perlite and gravel in B&Q (small amounts)?

Going to have to see about a good drip tray too, are they expensive?

yeah organic soil in pop bottles with a little bit of gravel at the bottom for drainage.

if you can get a good solid drip tray with sides under them, then you can bottom water the lot in a single sitting.

if you do it this way then i reccomend a couple of 2p's or something under the back two corners to just add a tiny bit of angle to the drip tray so that run off/surplus/waste from cleaning the drip tray comes to the front so you dont have to move anything.

so
2l bottle with lots of holes
little bit of gravel at the bottom (anything non porous) then some nice organic soil mixed with perlite. (less perlite means more food and less is needed with lots of air holes)

the best thing about this way is that you can make seaweed/compost tea and pour it into the drip tray to be absorbed upwards rather than trying to pour something on top of every soil top =)

ok guys and gals.

appologies for derailing my own thread, but ive already done that with my moaning about lack of smoke ;)

firstly....ive got some =D i called my old work mate, the one i got noodles (my dog for those who are new to me) from.

Its funny how life works. just had a major shift in my fortunes.

basically he just spent the last 2 hours traveling (on a push bike in the dead of winter) to get me sorted...i bought 3 gramms and gave him 1 of them for his troubles.

long story short...ive just been offered a whole bunch of bagseed and a 4week vegged Mr Nice Critical mass.
I get half of whatever comes out of it for free, using lights that are already running for my own small crop =D

this should massively boost the acceleration of my 'life plan'. and its a no strings one off.. their main problem is lack of grow equip...so im going to complete this agreement and then end it with a suprise gift of a fully equiped grow tent (and an appology that an end has come to 'side deals')

i will post pics of the mass as soon as i get it! i have told him to take some clones before hand as they apparently have 'mad skills' in cloning oO

hows it going mate, just trying to get caught up with all these journals,

i grow in 5 liter round pots, the roots never fill the pot and my plants get to about 3ft, so i could use smaller pots and get the same results, i may give it a try and see if it makes a difference on yield, if not then i can fit more plants in the grow room

hows it going mate, just trying to get caught up with all these journals,

i grow in 5 liter round pots, the roots never fill the pot and my plants get to about 3ft, so i could use smaller pots and get the same results, i may give it a try and see if it makes a difference on yield, if not then i can fit more plants in the grow room

things were miserable untill a couple of hours ago, lol....hydroganics appears to be awesome and super easy, so far i have had to do no watering, no PHing no feeding and no stressing.

thats fantastic info you gave bro that helps a lot....the strain that got 3ft, whats its average outdoor height?

if i have both numbers i may be able to make a good guestimate on mine which is rated 7ft outdoor.

if i can adapt my pots to let them have this, i can custom build my grow rooms to my strain =D

i grow in 5 liter round pots, the roots never fill the pot and my plants get to about 3ft

if you shrink your pots to the exact minimum from that 5l starting point to where an airpot's air pruning capability kicks in..."just a trim" as it were...you may even increase lateral root branching and improve upon your current yeilds....i think, lol

Back
Top Bottom