GivenToFly's Soil - OG Kush & Black Jesus OG - Mars Hydro 1200

Day 6

Little bit of change, not a lot since yesterday
Temp hit 81 degrees yesterday, so I went ahead and turned on my tower fan and they will
Like a breeze too! Still holding at 37-42% rh.

Lowered light to 37.5 in. Mars recommends 18-24" during veg so I'm going to keep dropping it and see what happens.

Pots were really dry so I watered each with 1tsp of 6.0 water.

Couple questions if anyone would like to entertain them, if not, I'm going to stay the course .

I will be using Flora Grow. When should I begin nutes and at what concentration?? If no response I'm going 1/4 strength for tomorrow's breakfast.

The 2 Black Jesus OG both look awesome!
420-magazine-mobile142494761.jpg

2 of the OGK still have their seeds on. This one is way behind, but I'm she's just a typical woman and doing whatever she wants! .. jk ladies!

420-magazine-mobile1673323515.jpg

Peace and love folks! Not a lot going on but any feedback would be awesome.

I don't know if it's a good idea to give any nutrients yet, your plants are in the early stages so won't have much of a root system to actually uptake food in that way. Mist your plants with ph'd water and a bit of root stimulant, seedlings feed more through their leaves at the beginning of their life. It helps to have a higher humidity as the leaves can absorb moisture too. I'm sure there's someone on here who can explain it in a more scientific way than me but I think I'm on the right sort of path!

I don't know if it's a good idea to give any nutrients yet, your plants are in the early stages so won't have much of a root system to actually uptake food in that way. Mist your plants with ph'd water and a bit of root stimulant, seedlings feed more through their leaves at the beginning of their life. It helps to have a higher humidity as the leaves can absorb moisture too. I'm sure there's someone on here who can explain it in a more scientific way than me but I think I'm on the right sort of path!

Ok, good copy, thanks man!! Notes taken. Appreciate the feed back!

How's it looking mate?

Really good man, I appreciate you checking in! I'll post up some pics tonight when I check on them. Everything is perfect. Gave them their first real watering, 2 days ago I think??( I have a condition that effects my memory ...) i have it written in my log. I watered until it just came out of the bottom. No nutes yet. I can't believe the growth in just a couple days. Temp and humidity are holding at 77/40 most of the time. I love watching how much they change day to day. This is so cool!

Later bro!

Day 12 from seed

BJOG 1
420-magazine-mobile53938961.jpg

BJOG 2
420-magazine-mobile353596021.jpg

OGK 1
420-magazine-mobile16987503.jpg

OGK 2
420-magazine-mobile92204808.jpg

OGK 3- my runt. She will end up with the biggest yield! This is the one that held on to the seed.
420-magazine-mobile1970704616.jpg

Haha lovely mate, they've shot up. Well happy for you.

I've always liked the underdog plant too, they throw up some funny surprises :) good luck mate, nice work

So, two questions I'm going to throw out that I have been researching and would like opinions if anyone would like to chime in.

I have FloraNova Grow 7-4-10 and Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-1. I have been trying to find a feeding schedule or any kind of opinions on this and all I find is a lot of conflicting information. One method says to only
Use bloom and zero grow through the
Entire life cycle. Anyone have any experience with these?

2nd question. Can you train and lst your plants in a SCrOG fashion and just not use the screen? Is that a silly thought? The screen just simply divides up the Grow space so you can create efficiently maximize your space. The screen is just a guide right ? Also a guide to show where to defoliate. And can help support those massive colas? Is the train of thought correct?

✌️

So, two questions I'm going to throw out that I have been researching and would like opinions if anyone would like to chime in.

I have FloraNova Grow 7-4-10 and Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-1. I have been trying to find a feeding schedule or any kind of opinions on this and all I find is a lot of conflicting information. One method says to only
Use bloom and zero grow through the
Entire life cycle. Anyone have any experience with these?

2nd question. Can you train and lst your plants in a SCrOG fashion and just not use the screen? Is that a silly thought? The screen just simply divides up the Grow space so you can create efficiently maximize your space. The screen is just a guide right ? Also a guide to show where to defoliate. And can help support those massive colas? Is the train of thought correct?

✌️

Wow, that's a lot!! First off, I've been using the two FN products you're asking about. I used the veg for veg at 50% doseage, and I've been using the bloom full strength. I have since supplemented with the other items you can get from FN to accent the two FN products veg and bloom. Google this and you'll find a schedule you can use, create, etc. You should be able to go to their website and they spit out an advanced and beginner feeding schedule. Many people like to use 1/4 to 1/2 of what's recommended, it's entirely up to you. Just remember less is more. Google this for a start, "general hydroponics feeding schedule." Not sure about the bloom only, but I've heard some people put a little in the and it helps...?

What I've done is LST to prepare the ladies for the SCROG. I started with a SCROG and then took it away, I wish I hadn't done that. Check out Grow Weed Easy dot com for a good idea of how the scrog works. I think once you fully understand it, you'll answer your own question about how it works. You can buy products that will help those heavy colas to stand up during those last few weeks of flower. I'm not sure what they're called but should be easy enough to find. Google it!

Wow, that's a lot!! First off, I've been using the two FN products you're asking about. I used the veg for veg at 50% doseage, and I've been using the bloom full strength. I have since supplemented with the other items you can get from FN to accent the two FN products veg and bloom. Google this and you'll find a schedule you can use, create, etc. You should be able to go to their website and they spit out an advanced and beginner feeding schedule. Many people like to use 1/4 to 1/2 of what's recommended, it's entirely up to you. Just remember less is more. Google this for a start, "general hydroponics feeding schedule." Not sure about the bloom only, but I've heard some people put a little in the and it helps...?

What I've done is LST to prepare the ladies for the SCROG. I started with a SCROG and then took it away, I wish I hadn't done that. Check out Grow Weed Easy dot com for a good idea of how the scrog works. I think once you fully understand it, you'll answer your own question about how it works. You can buy products that will help those heavy colas to stand up during those last few weeks of flower. I'm not sure what they're called but should be easy enough to find. Google it!

I love google! I google everything. That's a good copy Agemon and thank you for the insight and your response, I appreciate it!

Good morning team and happy Memorial Day weekend! First and foremost, thank you to all the very brave men and women whom have given me the opportunity to be able to sit outside and smoke a lot of pork and smoke a lot of........beef people! Come on! .. thank you vets!!!! ...

Day 15 from seed and everything looks great! The girls are getting so big! I've been looking for any indication that they maybe asking for food and all new growth is super green and they look great. Week 4 sounds like a good week to start FloraNova or the next watering which will probably be Wednesday ish.

They got a really good watering this morning. It had been 4 days and it was time. Watered with 6.3 until all cups showed good run off. Whilst I was cleaning, I sucked all the water up to measure my run off and it was 6.2. First time checking soil ph. Good practice.

This was the most I've watered. I'm hoping to see the rH jump a bit.
420-magazine-mobile948829070.jpg

420-magazine-mobile637339805.jpg

Black Jesus 1
420-magazine-mobile95682861.jpg

Black Jesus 2
420-magazine-mobile1681484831.jpg

OGK 1
420-magazine-mobile311615696.jpg

OGK 2
420-magazine-mobile1761707529.jpg

OGK 3- the runt. She's doing fine though.
420-magazine-mobile190356169.jpg

✌️

The growth from last night to this morning was insane! I can't wait to post pics when I check on them before bed. They must of been thirsty!! And maybe the increased humidity but something rubbed them right!

So while I have my small audience, there's the transplanting time I'm going to be crossing before I know it. I had planned and have purchased 5 gallon plastic pots. here's my concern. I don't want to transplant twice. I'm going from solo to final home. I had 59" from my light in its highest position to the floor. I figure good planning will keep me from worrying about running out of room later. Now I'm wondering if I need a 5 gallon pot at all. The 5 gallon pots I have are 10" tall. Now 49", 36" plants, boom, plants too close to light.

Question is, can I go 36" plant in a wider, shorter 3 gallon pot?

This is from growweedeasy

So if your final (desired) plant size is...

12" ~ 2-3 gallon container

24" ~ 3-5 gallon container

36" ~ 6-8 gallon container

48" ~ 8-10 gallon container

60" ~ 12+ gallon container

Thoughts please?

Back
Top Bottom