Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Harshness comes probably from short cure, especially if bud was tight :) But if it hits you well, that's a good sign :bong:

Excellent grow journal Gov...the more I read about Platinum LED's the better I like. You've got a beautiful cabinet too! Congrats on the harvest bro =D

Hey all, I wanted to post an update on a couple things and the best place to do it is in my own thread so, here goes...

I've been on the fence lately on what to run next round. As some of you know, I have a grandson with epilepsy. He's 7 and was taken to the hospital yesterday for seizure-related complications. He was supposed to get life-flighted to the PICU in another city, but weather grounded the flight. Ultimately they transported him via ambulance and he was intubated and stabilized. Rough night for my grandson, daughter and their whole family.

I've a good friend who has set aside some high-CBD beans for me, to which I have every intention of growing some this round. Ive been reticent in doing my CBD homework though and would welcome anyone who's researched, looked into, ran some CBD strains. Obviously, anything I make for him cannot be high in THC so I'm looking for input and availability of high-CBD, low-THC strains I can use to help him. I know a few on here are further down this road than I and I would welcome and data/info.

:Namaste:

Gov. my heart goes out to you and yours...:love:
on Sweetsues thread, she posted a video of i think Nona Marijuana?, who is 90+ ..her daughter suffered from major Grand Mal seizures...I don't know the strain she used, but she did use high CBD strains..
juicing fresh, even THC containing strains, won't get you high if the THC is THCa and not decarboxylated...

On a side-note, they currently live in Kansas. No medical. I know there are many who say MMJ is a ruse for the road to legalization. To that I say it may be for many (maybe most), but for those of us that have lived (and still live) with some of these conditions in our lives, this whole prohibition thing is maddening.

I also got an update a few mins ago. He has some swelling on the brain and is still not fully stable. They're all exhausted.

I'm getting past the denial and already starting to get angry...

Sorry about your grandson Gov, sending positive vibes your way. The best cbd no thc strain I've had was catatonic and charlotte's web was developed for children I believe. There is a lot of info on those 2 strains and their benefit to children, just search wikipedia, I don't want to get a warning for posting links.
:circle-of-love:

I sent you a PM, Gov. And I'm sending lots of good energy and prayers to your little guy and the family! :love::love:

Thanks neiko, I'm certainly familiar with charlotte's web, but also with the proprietary nature of it. Finding seeds, or getting clones of it is damned near impossible...at least where I am.

Here in Florida, they passed a "charlotte's web" law last year and will supposedly be sponsored (or whatever) by the CO Stanleys initially. My problem with that is there was also a deadline of Jan 1, 2015 to have the schematic in place to be able to roll out a workable plan. This is APRIL and there's still nothing in place or even very close, and indicators are it will take the majority of the rest of this calendar year to get something viable in place. I'm really disgusted with the way senior politicians have elongated and convoluted the whole process to the point of ridiculousness all because of money, but I'm not surprised.

Damn Gov i'm really sorry to hear this. As someone that literally moved over 3k miles to live in a medical friendly state and truly needs mj for medical use I completely understand. Unfortunately all the research I have done is for inflammation, nerve / muscle pain issues which does best with a mix of THC and CBD. I have seen a couple specials on tv where they were giving kids some CBD tincture and they went from having seizures daily to almost none pretty much immediately. Really amazing stuff, its such a shame our laws are total BS and your absolutely right its all about the money, always has been and always will be.

Is the Charlottes web high CBD and almost no THC? My hurkle is supposed to be 50/50 but I have never had it tested to know what I really have. The CBD does help offset the effects of the THC but my plant still gets you stoned no doubt about it. While that probably isn't ideal or maybe even acceptable for a child its probably a lot better than the side effects of the meds the doctors have him on when it comes down to it.

I have read that the senate or congress has a bill to reschedule MJ. It will still probably take a year or more but if they did that it will change everything.

GL Gov I hope you find something that can help him. :circle-of-love:

Hey all, I wanted to post an update on a couple things and the best place to do it is in my own thread so, here goes...

I've been on the fence lately on what to run next round. As some of you know, I have a grandson with epilepsy. He's 7 and was taken to the hospital yesterday for seizure-related complications. He was supposed to get life-flighted to the PICU in another city, but weather grounded the flight. Ultimately they transported him via ambulance and he was intubated and stabilized. Rough night for my grandson, daughter and their whole family.

I've a good friend who has set aside some high-CBD beans for me, to which I have every intention of growing some this round. Ive been reticent in doing my CBD homework though and would welcome anyone who's researched, looked into, ran some CBD strains. Obviously, anything I make for him cannot be high in THC so I'm looking for input and availability of high-CBD, low-THC strains I can use to help him. I know a few on here are further down this road than I and I would welcome and data/info.

:Namaste:

I am so sorry to hear about your grandson. I have a 3 year old grandson and two grand daughter 3 and 4 years old. I have a seizure disorder and had 30-50 seizures a day. The oil and morning toast with cannabutter has gotten my seizures way down almost to zero. I use oil and Indica seems best. When we, wife and I, make my oil, we decarboxylate till most thc has changed to cbn. You are correct about special CBD strains like Charlottes Web being difficult to get. Another strain is catatonic and can be found at some seed banks. I'll PM you one bank that I have found with Catatonic. I just have to find it again.

But I have found that decarbing to the max, for CBDs and CBNs, keeps the thc buzz to a minimum. Just start tacking with a miniscule amount and his system will get used to the cannabinoids and any high will stop. And has helped considerably with my epilepsy. Mine was due to a stroke in my rt temporal region. Surely different from your grandson.

Again, I feel for you brother.

WJ
:circle-of-love:

Hey Gov, sorry to hear about your grandson. I know where your coming from, we are currently living at our local children's hospital. My boy suffers from a rare genetic disorder which entails no immune system and seizures. We have been in the hospital for over two weeks this month with uncontrollable seizures and aspiration pneumonia. I got into growing for him and i am always searching for a better strain. We just ordered some of the Charlotte's web oil last week and will post our results when i can. Getting life flighted to another hospital tonight or tomorrow. Hope all goes well for your grandson........

You guys are all so thoughtful. :Namaste:

To update, he's on air now and not O2, but they're keeping him intubated until tomorrow most likely. I get up REALLY early normally, so texted my daughter. She was awake so I chatted with her for a bit. She sent me a pic of the little man in his bed and said he'd started crying in his sleep overnight...it's so wrenching to hear my daughter talking like a pro about her own child.

I've no doubts at all the right cannabinoid regimen would help him. I try to stay up to speed on the status of cannabis reform around the world. That in itself is full-time reading if you're up to it, lol. But I feel quite certain given some of the precedent cases and the definitive results they've had, there is about an 80% chance it can help him. That's a much less bold statement than it would have been even a year ago, and while the shift is inevitable at this point, I get frustrated, angry and more disillusioned at the ineptitude of the politics and the politicians.

I really appreciate all the good vibes. It means a lot. :peace:

Here in Ohio, Gov, there's a story on the news a couple times a month, it seems, of people picking up and moving because a son, daughter, spouse, whatever, has an urgent need for Canibus. And almost without fail, EVERY DAY there is some blurb (at least) about marijuana, always in a positive manner, I should add. The times, they are a-changing. Best wishes to you and your family, Andy.:Namaste:

Very sorry to hear that, Gvt. I hope you can find great CBD rich strain and produce an oil to help your grandson. It sure sucks when state is non-medical while people are suffering without a reason. This shows we have a long way to go everywhere around the world, be it one of your bible belt states or any european country! Hope your grandson will make quick recovery!

Back
Top Bottom