Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Well, I spent yesterday morning making some treats myself. Rice krispy treats to be more specific. I was setting up to make some bubble hash and my wife asked about edibles. After a brief discussion, I decided to take all the trim and nugs I had frozen and make edibles instead.

On the left is the medicated batch, on the right unmedicated.

20150315_165543.jpg

Here is the basic recipe for the medicated:

6 tblsp of cannabutter (decarbed at 240f for ~30 mins, and steeped in the crock pot for 4 hours, strained and filtered)
8 oz large marshmallows (roughly half of a 16 oz pkg)
4 cups rice krispies

I melted the butter and marshmallows together and once smooth I poured it over the cereal and folded it in. I sprayed the dish with cooking spray and pressed the mixture into it and set it aside to make the chocolate.

I took 1 cup semi-sweet chips and melted them in a double boiler. I added some cream and a pat of regular butter to smooth it out a little and drizzled some (about 1/4 of it) over the unmedicated pan. I then added 2 tblsp of medicated butter to the chocolate and stirred until smooth again and poured it over the other pan. refrigerated for an hour cut and served.

They are delicious, and a 3" square KO'd my wife. Even with my constitution, I was still bent a little warped this morning myself...but I ate 2.

:cool:

I think that will just about do it for this journal. I will still post my observations when I finally break into the Blue Dream, but after dabbling in some of the smaller buds this weekend, i can honestly say...this is the best cannabis I've ever grown. Neither of these strains are known for their wicked potency though both can be pretty high...these are pretty high.

So, I don't have the bubble hash I was hoping for right now, but I still have about 1.5 cups of some wickedly potent cannabutter to play with now...:)

I will post a link to my next journal (still in the planning stages) and possibly a follow-up smoke report at some point.

Thanks to everyone for following along

:peace:

Well, I spent yesterday morning making some treats myself. Rice krispy treats to be more specific. I was setting up to make some bubble hash and my wife asked about edibles. After a brief discussion, I decided to take all the trim and nugs I had frozen and make edibles instead.

On the left is the medicated batch, on the right unmedicated.

Here is the basic recipe for the medicated:

6 tblsp of cannabutter (decarbed at 240f for ~30 mins, and steeped in the crock pot for 4 hours, strained and filtered)
8 oz large marshmallows (roughly half of a 16 oz pkg)
4 cups rice krispies

I melted the butter and marshmallows together and once smooth I poured it over the cereal and folded it in. I sprayed the dish with cooking spray and pressed the mixture into it and set it aside to make the chocolate.

I took 1 cup semi-sweet chips and melted them in a double boiler. I added some cream and a pat of regular butter to smooth it out a little and drizzled some (about 1/4 of it) over the unmedicated pan. I then added 2 tblsp of medicated butter to the chocolate and stirred until smooth again and poured it over the other pan. refrigerated for an hour cut and served.

They are delicious, and a 3" square KO'd my wife. Even with my constitution, I was still bent a little warped this morning myself...but I ate 2.

:cool:

I think that will just about do it for this journal. I will still post my observations when I finally break into the Blue Dream, but after dabbling in some of the smaller buds this weekend, i can honestly say...this is the best cannabis I've ever grown. Neither of these strains are known for their wicked potency though both can be pretty high...these are pretty high.

So, I don't have the bubble hash I was hoping for right now, but I still have about 1.5 cups of some wickedly potent cannabutter to play with now...:)

I will post a link to my next journal (still in the planning stages) and possibly a follow-up smoke report at some point.

Thanks to everyone for following along

:peace:

Great journal Gov, it's been fun from the start!

Gov, looks delish! How much herb to butter did you use? :)

Well, I used 1 lb of butter and about 8oz coconut oil to about 200g of fresh frozen high-end trim. I didn't weigh it after I decarbed. They are quite potent though. General consensus is I could back off it a little, but the flavor is great so I just cut smaller squares. :cool:

A great lineup scrubbs... I'm REALLY interested in how the Rare Dankness plays out...:)

I have a few things influencing my decision, so as they fall into place, we'll see. :cool:

Smoke report on the Blue Dream is on tap. Last night I finally ground up some Humboldt Seeds Organization Blue Dream grown from seeds so graciously given to me by Herbies (thanks again Herbies!!). It only had about 17 day cure, but was good enough to give a try.

I truly feel I took this plant too early. It's listed as a 9-10 week strain and I went 8.5 weeks so that's understandable. The buds aren't as hard as they could be as a result either, but they have good trichome density and a pleasant, if somewhat minimal, fruity smell (Another indicator they could have gone longer). The buds have a velvety feel and they grind well. The terpenes released at first are pungent and while they have a slightly earthy smell at first, the complexity shows more as it is consumed. I started with the vaporizer and loaded a bowl of grind.

On the inhale it shows its youth, tart with small harshness on the back of the throat but certainly still much better than just tolerable and not unpleasant at all really. I got an immediate buzzing behind my eyes and felt the slight increase in heartrate, but it passed fairly quickly and settled into a very nice buzz. I found myself enjoying it more than observing its effects, so another session definitely on tap to get a better feel for its overall effect.

This isn't a knock-you-on-your-ass strain, but that wasn't what I was after either and it'll certainly bend your brain.

:thumb:

The women seem to love the blue dream for some reason. That was one of the first strains the wife and I tried and it is still her go to. I had to have it in the line up last grow and it turned out very nice, better than what we were getting out of the dispensary. It really started to shine after about 7 weeks of cure.

Back
Top Bottom