Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Sure BT, but it sounds like you took your clones in flower. Mine are still in hard-core veg mode. Anyway, I had a couple sets of bottom branches that might otherwise get pruned off during growth. Since you want to take clones from the bottom part of the plant preferable, I left them on the plant for this very purpose. All I did was snip the cutting, prune off all greenery below the apical meristem, nip the leaf tips left on the cutting, gently scrape the lower 1/4" or so of the stem, dip in clonex gel and insert into the rapid rooter plug.

I put 16 oz of RO water in the tray, placed the plugs in, and sprayed the cuttings with 1/2 strength de-stress everyday. I had them under a dome and under a P300 on veg and at about 40". The clones are currently under the same light but it's been dropped to 35". Once they show some new growth I'll drop it to 24".

Most likely the best thing I did for them was to not fuck with them. :cool:

Thanks for that info again. They were taken in veg but it didnt hit me until you said they were prob takin in flower that i know what the problem was. I forgot that when I was cleaning I bumped my timer and screwed up photoperiod, i got that fixed but I bet that its holding them back. Hopefully they pull through otherwise i will just take more.

Hey bt, I haven't taken any hb clones yet (about to this week), but from my experience, clones taken in flower will take longer to root. The further along in flowering, the longer it has taken me. Then it seems they will need to re veg themselves if taken really late. I have cloned branches that were nothing but bud, take a while and your flowers will still stink and change colors.

Well I take too long posting so what I said doesn't pertain to you bt. I can delete it if you want gov, although I'm curious if others have the same results/opinions.

All good 36Gr0w. ;)

I'll be putting together an update today/tomorrow, but all things are running smoothly right now. The big plants are happy, and getting bigger. The first 4 clones are doing really well and I even lowered the light to 24" for them too. the 5th clone (8bk) looks like she's hooking into the soil now too. Good times.

:cool:

Thanks for that info again. They were taken in veg but it didnt hit me until you said they were prob takin in flower that i know what the problem was. I forgot that when I was cleaning I bumped my timer and screwed up photoperiod, i got that fixed but I bet that its holding them back. Hopefully they pull through otherwise i will just take more.

If you can take new ones I would, if you put them into flower they will take a good month or longer to get back to normal. Trust me I have much experience jacking up my photoperiod... :) I have a hurkle clone right now that I took over a month ago from a plant that had already been flipped for a couple days since my first batch of them failed. Its not growing nor dying looks almost identical to the day I cut them and its been over a month now...

And on the flipside, I took clones 2 weeks ago tomorrow and 5 of the 6 made it. When I took them, the dome went under a light that was on the same light schedule as the mother plants. I really think that helped them.

Lemme grab a pic...

Compare these little guys with the pic towards the top of the page ^

clones_12_23_14.JPG

I thought I was replying to something way before this. My focus is not on computers, clearly.

deleted

LMFAO...that's some auto WJ. If I were you, I'd put another light on that girl to finish flowering her, but dude, she's gonna blow up even more. I've never seen an auto get that big before. Keep us posted on her progress too. :thumb:

Fast and Vast Auto. Here she is 123 days old. 5'7" tall. Still 480 actual watts. The room is 44"x44". I have been taking largge fans off. No matter, she just grows more. Covered with trichomes. Even thick on petioles. Smells exactly like the first one harvested at 59 days.

I contacted Heavyweight and they said 800 gm per sq meter is common.

Here is her top half.
Top_half_122_days_old.JPG

Here is the top center colas
Top_Center_122_days_old.JPG

This is from the doorway
Side_view_122_days_old.JPG

This is the back left corner from above
Back_corner_122_days_old.JPG

Sorry for the crappy photos. It's my eyes, not the camera. Any ideas of weight?

Merry Christmas to you and the family. And a Happy New Year!

WJ
:xmas:

OMG that thing it's nuts Gov. I was trying really hard to not peek at the end and work my way through your whole journal then I saw mention of a 13 oz plant in my email and had to look. Good stuff man :thumb:

Edit I thought that was your blue dream, it's an auto!?!? Consider my mind officially blown!

Edit edit my bad I didn't pay attention I thought it was your plant gov. Doh

Damn Jim...that is some auto dude. No clue on potential yield. I'm terrible at that. :hmmmm:

Keep us posted though. ;)

Here are a couple better pics of the clones.

8bkhbC1_12_23_14.jpg

8bkhbC2_12_23_14.jpg

BDhbC1_12_23_14.jpg

8bkhbC3_12_23_14.jpg

BDhbC2_12_23_14.jpg

:cool:

OMG that thing it's nuts Gov. I was trying really hard to not peek at the end and work my way through your whole journal then I saw mention of a 13 oz plant in my email and had to look. Good stuff man :thumb:

Edit I thought that was your blue dream, it's an auto!?!? Consider my mind officially blown!

Yeah, that's an auto. It's wildjim's freak of nature. Someone at the seedbank got his order mixed with Bruce Banner's. My blue dream is doing well, but it'd take another 3 months and two bigger pots to get something like that.

:peace::cool:

Yeah, that's an auto. It's wildjim's freak of nature. Someone at the seedbank got his order mixed with Bruce Banner's. My blue dream is doing well, but it'd take another 3 months and two bigger pots to get something like that.

I would say that's as good of name as any for that monster :)

That thing is a straight beast!!! WJ, good on ya man!!! :)

She is too much for me. This is my fourth grow. I wasn't ready for this. She was in a 3'x2'x5' tent with her sister and I had to build a room for her. She is going too long for me for my medicine. Last Fast and Vast Auto I will grow - inside.

My guess is 13oz, I can't believe that thing is still going!

That would be nice. I would have a couple months of oil.
I had a conversation with Heavyweight and it seems that they aren't surprised with her size. 800 grams per square meter is common they said. I am using a 900 watt (480 actual watts used) LED and that would be close to a gram a watt. I think it must be the 5 watt LEDs.

Merry Christmas guys!

WJ

After a few email conversations with Heavyweight Seed Company they have said that it is a Fast and Vast Auto from them. It came in their blister pack. It was not a seed bank error. And not a freak of nature. Fast and Vast commonly grow this large as Heavyweight told me.

Fast_and_Vast.jpg

WJ
:geek:

Did not want to go with Auto again, but this is to sick to don't try again.

Just make sure to get a monster from Heavyweight Seeds, Herbies has them and so does every seed bank.

WJ

What light(s) do you have on the freak?

I'd rather not mention names as this is Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure. Suffice it to say it is a 900 watt (480 actual) LED with 5 watt LEDs. Evidently she is not a freak. She's just a different pheno of the plant. I'd rather have a 3 footer like her sister.

WJ

Back
Top Bottom