Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Thursday night football...so a passive update. Sorry no pics tonight, but I will say, the clones are still holding their own. I made 1 oz of ~1/2 strength de-stress in a 1 oz glass atomizer. I give each a good spritz each day and while I haven't inspected them closely, just from glancing they look to be doing well and the base of the plugs is juuust resting in the surface of the water. Curso said 16 oz of water and bingo...you were right dude. I measured 18 and put it all in there and 1/3 of the rails were completely submerged. Took out 2-3 oz and it was perfect. ;)

I put the fat side of the rapid rooter down and poked a hole through the bottom (now on top). They stand just fine in the open tray that way and I don't need any mini pots or anything...bonus.

The bigger plants just keep motoring and I let them get a little dry where they were drooping slightly when I went to soak them tonight. They kind of needed it this morning, but I didn't have the time right then and gave them each a cup as an apology for making them wait...lol.

They're doing well and obviously respiring more as they got dry a day sooner than last time. 5 days this time, and conditions have been in the ideal zone fluctuating between 73f-78f, 55%-67% rh. I also put the clone scraps into the bin with a light dusting of roots and a pint of 1/4 strength transplant water I'd made for just that purpose. Nothing difficult and the gardening therapy is very effective for me. I spent an hour in there and came out happy.

:peace::cool:

Thursday night football...so a passive update. Sorry no pics tonight, but I will say, the clones are still holding their own. I made 1 oz of ~1/2 strength de-stress in a 1 oz glass atomizer. I give each a good spritz each day and while I haven't inspected them closely, just from glancing they look to be doing well and the base of the plugs is juuust resting in the surface of the water. Curso said 16 oz of water and bingo...you were right dude. I measured 18 and put it all in there and 1/3 of the rails were completely submerged. Took out 2-3 oz and it was perfect. ;)

I put the fat side of the rapid rooter down and poked a hole through the bottom (now on top). They stand just fine in the open tray that way and I don't need any mini pots or anything...bonus.

The bigger plants just keep motoring and I let them get a little dry where they were drooping slightly when I went to soak them tonight. They kind of needed it this morning, but I didn't have the time right then and gave them each a cup as an apology for making them wait...lol.

They're doing well and obviously respiring more as they got dry a day sooner than last time. 5 days this time, and conditions have been in the ideal zone fluctuating between 73f-78f, 55%-67% rh. I also put the clone scraps into the bin with a light dusting of roots and a pint of 1/4 strength transplant water I'd made for just that purpose. Nothing difficult and the gardening therapy is very effective for me. I spent an hour in there and came out happy.

I felt happy just reading that. I could picture it all....very similar to a typical day in the garden in my sphere.

Your happiness will rub off on the plants. :Namaste:

I wasn't going to post pics of the clones until something was decided (roots and alive...or, no roots and dead), but I'm confident as they are on day 4 and are still standing strong.

Their one bedroom flat for the next week or so...
one_bedroom_12_12_14.JPG

six_clones_12_12_14.JPG

The Blue Dream clones...

BD_clones_12_12_14.JPG

...and the 8 ball Kush clones

8bk_clones_12_12_14.JPG

They had just gotten their daily de-stress before I took those, so they look a little wet, but they're just drinking it in. I give each a couple good spritzes with the 1 oz atomizer. I'm keeping it in the fridge and warming it in my hand for a few minutes before I spray then back into the fridge. I hope to get at least 3-4 more days out of it which should be about the time it will need to be tossed anyway. Otherwise, I'd say a 1 oz atomizer bottle filled with 1/2-strength de-stress is just about the perfect amount for a half dozen small-ish clones.

The 8bk was starting to really crowd the light but has slowed down a bit. Accordingly, I decided to elevate the Blue Dream and raise the light about 8" more to 14" above the tops.

My_garden_12_12_14.JPG

They're doing really well. I'm not training them much, and want to see them grow out to see what they'll do. I'm not in a hurry as the hempy beast is in week 4 and almost ready for her mid-bloom pruning. She will keep me in smoke as these progress through their life.

BDhb_top_12_12_14.JPG

8bkhb_top_12_12_14.JPG

:peace: and :love: :cool:

You can take a look at my first indoor grow journal. I ran 2 8bk phenos and both were splendid smoke, bullet-proof, high-yielders. Easy to grow, with high potency too. I'm using the knowledge from that grow to influence my grow style this time with them, and I'm running it in hempy as well as high brix. So, we should all have a pretty good idea of what that strain is all about regardless of style and parameters in a few more months.

Ive read all of your journals mate. you were the reason i bought my MARS II 1200 and decided to run pineapple chunk as my first grow in 10 years.
keep writing, ill keep reading =p

I'm so stupid it scares me, this was a great idea. I was going to buy a new tray till I saw this, took 4 cuts and did everything like you. Thank you for this post!

Good Saturday eve all! I wanted to give an update on the hempy plant. She just got put into overdrive with the addition of a second P300 (also, paid for in full, less the 420mag discount of course...just saying). She also got her mid-bloom pruning and is absolutely loving life. She's 3 weeks after flip, 2 weeks after throwing pistils.

then_there_were_two1.jpg

the_jungle_12_13_14.jpg

8bkHempy_bud2_12_13_14.jpg

random_bud_12_13_14.jpg

down_the_branch.jpg

Her clones are doing really well too...

8bkHempy_clone2_12_13_14.jpg

8bkHempy_clone1_12_13_14.jpg

2lights_one_plant.jpg

8bkHempy_bud1_12_13_14.jpg

2 P 300 fits perfect in there.

Man that has to be bright in there :smokin:

They fit, and the coverage is more than adequate. All 4 corners have already responded and the desired effects are visible after 4 days. This is the light they're talking about when they say "Go to the bright light..." .

I am very eager to see how she hulk performs in the upcoming weeks!

Me too man...me too. :cool:

I know what you are talking about, you :thanks: among some others lightened my way to a P450. :high-five:

And at least one more to follow next year + a P150 just veg spectrum.
Also looking in that HB stuff, but after that light and I used up what I have and paid for right now.
Very pleased with my grow at day 6 of bloom.

Back
Top Bottom