Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Are those sticks holding her up? Just joshing you. I hope I don't have to do that when she thickens up. You're an excellant grower Corso. What is she? Is she also an auto? I have discussed mine with the guys at Heavyweight Seeds and they are as mystified as I am. Came in a Heavyweight blister pack of 5 seeds. I grow tomatoes and I know what happens with F1 seeds sometimes. Never know what you'll get pheno wise. As for how much mine dry weight will bring, I don't have any idea. More medicine is all I think about. I have only grown three plants besides her. And I'm not sure I have enough experience to finish her out, but I'll have to. I made this little(?) room for this plant. If it wasn't getting into winter, I'd sneak her outside.

WJ

Thanks bro, actually the stakes are to spread her out. When I flip I shape her how I want her to be (for the most part) staking her to spread her out gets more of that light to the lower branches. Making what would be popcorn a nice nug. I don't have any penetration issues with these 3w diodes. Its not just the max power of the diode we should worry about, its more what that 3 or 5 watt diode are being driven at. We need to look deeper into lighting than watts of power at the wall.

I used the bigger model of your light of a long while, I have never seen results like my current plant from that light. These platinum lights bettered my grow. Proof is in my pics go back 1 year. You'll see the difference in the buds.

Only problem Corso, my friend is that it's over a grand for 2 of those P450 lights. I was fortunate that I got my 900 for $200 after a medical grower passed and his sister sold it to me. Mars II 900 watt sells for about $350 now. About 450 draw watts. My 700 watt cost me $230 and that has 350 draw watts about. I grew a nice large NLxBB auto with that one. But I am definately always looking for something better, know what I mean? Really interested in one that changes color at light on and light off to simulate sunrise and sunset.

WJ

LMFAO...that's some auto WJ. If I were you, I'd put another light on that girl to finish flowering her, but dude, she's gonna blow up even more. I've never seen an auto get that big before. Keep us posted on her progress too. :thumb:

I was goofing off with my cell phone camera last night and snapped these. Still getting a handle on it, but I thought they were pretty cool.

Here are a couple close-ups of my high brix plants' meristems and a nug of pineapple chunk from my last harvest.

8bk
8bkhb1_closeup_12_6_14.jpg

Blue Dream
BDhb1_closeup_12_6_14.jpg

PC
PC_nug1.jpg
PC_nug2_closeup.jpg

:peace::cool:

Thanks AllSmiles. Just scary to me.

I got you PlatinumLED guy. I'm like most people on here. I'm an old man. Retired and on a limited income. I'd like to upgrade my systems. But I have to logically figure the added purchase cost as higher than what my return would be. I can't use this plant to decide except to see how well the light gets down into the canopy. Others shouldn't go out and buy a new light based on the size of this plant except how well those LEDs grow the buds down deep. Without being able to spread the plant out like Curso, not enough room in this grow area. My mistake.

That plant didn't get this big without the Mars II. It got this big with Mars II 900. We haven't seen her buds yet, but her sister had hard thick buddage. So I expect good thick flowers from this plant. Just how the inner and lower ones grow. Not to forget the outer edge of the light area. I think I might raise the light another 12 inches today.

Hey Gov, I thought about adding the Mars II 700 but there isn't enough room for me to get into the grow area without removing the lady. She is too big to move thru door.
See above... My mistake

Thanks for your support everybody.

WJ

Gov I love the frosty nugshot. You, curso, tavosvo, and doc convinced me that high brix is the way to go. Loving the platinum LEDs too. Hoping I can get PlatinumLed to pm me as I'm fairly new to this site. I've been lurking to educate myself before making the plunge and platinum with high brix soil seems to make the most sense for the efficiency/quality payoff. Thank you for taking the time to layout a journal for guys like me that would be lost on where to start. Reading journal saves us much time and $ in the long run.
BTW that auto is too damn big!
Curso I think that plant is bigger than my damn house!

Just beautiful and tasty.

Great journal btw.
I just got my Platinum some weeks ago and look closely to the High Brix stuff.
Just afraid it will be to much shipping to EU.

I was checking on the hempy this afternoon and decided to take a couple pics. She's showing some color on her leaves, but it's not induced by temperature. It's been 77-80f and ~55% rh without fail. She's in the early stages of flower and I'm still a week or so away from mid-bloom pruning...but she looks good.:)

8bkHempy1_12_8_14.jpg

8bkhempy3_12_8_14.jpg

8bkHempy2_12_8_14.jpg

:peace::cool:

I wonder...will a P300 on veg (99w) be too much for a clone dome at about 45"? Just trying to save myself some switching-out or hanging the T5 panel if I don't have to. :)

to be honest there isn't really too much out there on LEDs and clones. I feel at 45" it shouldn't have any ill effects whatsoever. And if there were, a thin sheet of plastic would fix it.

That being said, your girls look absolutely lovely mate! And She hulk is a monster!!!

I still have another 18" or so I can raise them, this is just where they were and I plopped the dome into the tray as I won't need it (tray) for 2-3 more weeks...maybe. But if I'm taking some cuttings, this is the week if rooting them in this manner is fine.

Told ya I was lazy. :cool:

20141208_210226.jpg

:peace:

I foresee no problems with that setup. And again, the quick remedy is some thin plastic, or paper.
Although if it does come off without a hitch, I would ask that you do a little write up for the forums to pass on the knowledge ^.^

I normally keep my clones 2x as far away than my mother's. But I use t5 bulbs

Yeah, the intensity there doesn't seem high, but I don't want to short-change them either. I've just got no guidelines on clones/LED's. I guess the best way to find out is to give it the old college try.

I foresee no problems with that setup. And again, the quick remedy is some thin plastic, or paper.
Although if it does come off without a hitch, I would ask that you do a little write up for the forums to pass on the knowledge ^.^

indeed :cool:

I've had no issues with clones & LED, I had & have mine a couple of foot away but not directly underneath. I think you'll be fine but keep a close eye on them & move them if you start to see any ill effects :)

A kush-y morning to all. This girl always knows just what to say.

20141209_190346.jpg

:cool:

Oh...last night, I sterilized the scissors, got out the clonex, rapid rooters, mixed up some half-strength de-stress and put 16 oz of water in the dome tray. This morning I was greeted with all 6 clones standing up. We'll see...;)

Back
Top Bottom