Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

O.K., I don't want to break this down into a pissing match, so put your peckers away. ;)

I liked my mars II 700, and am passing it on to a burgeoning grower who has a couple 2x3 tents already, but could benefit from a move to LED. He's been using T5's and cfl's previously and is broke as a joke, so I'm paying it forward. The big hempy is in a 2x3 tent right now as well Grizz, and upcanning in hempy can be moot as long as you adjust feeding/watering with her needs. It can be a pain in the ass if you have limited time to tend your garden because it's a matter of increasing the frequency and rhythm.

There's no jury out here. As I've said before, no one's results are more convincing to me than my own, and I try quite hard to be as transparent and honest as I can in my observations. This P300 is a sweet-ass photon source for my plant's photosynthetic needs. It's better than my mars II 700. Of that I am sure.

:peace::cool:

Sorry guys. I wasn't dissing any light. Just saying mine have grown some mighty Autos for me. I am always looking to "upgrade" my lights, but haven't decided what kind I will get. I want to see the new Sun light from MarsHydro and how it grows. My problem is that I would like NOT to have to build another room to grow my Autos in. I guess I knew that Fast and Vast could mean one pheno could be fast and one could be vast. Number 1 was fast, and named Fast, as she was harvested at 58 & 1/2 days. Her sister the second bean planted, which I named Vast in the beginning, not knowing it would be a tree. Today she is 5'4" tall and 4 feet wide. An Auto!

So Grizzwald, do as Gov does and pay it forward if you don't want those lights. Freak someone you know out and surprise them for Christmas with one of those under your bed. I didn't mean to sound like I was dissing you my friend. I understand when something doesn't work out to your expectations. But all these light manufacturers say the same thing "Ours is best". Most parts, cases and boards and such are made in China and just because boards or fans are installed in the US doesn't make them Made in the USA. When I upgrade mine, I will absolutely research as I did when I bought my Mars II lights. Took a year to decide to grow my medicine and buy an LED.

:Namaste:
WJ

You're a good dude Jim, and I wasn't pointing at anyone, rather I was at everyone. This isn't a PlatinumLED infomercial. It's my grow room, and as such will reflect my own tastes and stopping points in the journey in search of the best cannabis I can possibly create. It started with the Mars II 700 and I was pleased with the progress and results. I was intrigued enough to do my homework and decided I wanted to upgrade a few things.

Anyway, I post what I see and my own findings, and welcome debate, questions and anyone with the right answers to them to post as well. What I don't welcome is flaming, trolling, arguing same points incessantly. I'm a senior citizen and ain't got time for that shit...literally, lol.

So, everyone fucking be nice to each other. :peace:

:cool:

You're a good dude Jim, and I wasn't pointing at anyone, rather I was at everyone. This isn't a PlatinumLED infomercial. It's my grow room, and as such will reflect my own tastes and stopping points in the journey in search of the best cannabis I can possibly create. It started with the Mars II 700 and I was pleased with the progress and results. I was intrigued enough to do my homework and decided I wanted to upgrade a few things.

Anyway, I post what I see and my own findings, and welcome debate, questions and anyone with the right answers to them to post as well. What I don't welcome is flaming, trolling, arguing same points incessantly. I'm a senior citizen and ain't got time for that shit...literally, lol.

We are here to help eachother improve at one of the most important jobs we can ever have: cultivating and enjoying cannabis.

Uptight people especially need to pay attention, because those of us with brix over 12 are happy! We can talk about LED's without getting uptight.

:passitleft:

Her sister the second bean planted, which I named Vast in the beginning, not knowing it would be a tree. Today she is 5'4" tall and 4 feet wide. An Auto!

I'd love to see a pic or two of that auto jim. feel free to drop it in here if you want. I'm sure I'm not alone. :thumb:

Hey Gov, Wasn't trying to argue or anything like that. Wasn't trying to say my what ever is bigger than your whatever. I apologise for any misunderstanding. Had a stroke and my communication skills are lacking.

I have been watching your grows since I got here and have learned a lot. I remember you growing with your 700. I do understand upgrading. I'd like to for energy reason and other personal preferences. A rail and 4' led strips moving on that rail across the sky, as it were. And dimming to more red on the end of either side. I'm watching this like everyone else, see how these lights work to add into our knowledge base when we decide to buy a new or another light. It is in my face and I like seeing what it does so far. Seeing is believing for something like this. You grow hempy as do I. It will be all about the light to us. You're a better dude my friend. I can't do a journal. PTSD. Sucks. I won't cause any trouble.

Hey old man, there must be a lot of us on 420Mag. I'm getting Medicare in March! Sure beats wife paying $800 a month for my health insurance. Yea I am a senior too. Soon to be 65. Don't smoke much, I am only in it for the oil and butter. Got into it by accident and wife demanded I try to save myself. Like I hadn't been. She doesn't use it at all. Made me grow it. It works for my problems. Thank God, Ja, Shiva or whomever. I'm still alive and kicking. No more seizures. Life is good.

I'm sorry Doc Bud. I didn't mean to sound uptight.

WJ

Oh yea, I'll try to get a couple photos at light out and put them here. To bad I can't get her out of the room for POTM. She really thinks she is outside I think.

I'd love to see a pic or two of that auto jim. feel free to drop it in here if you want. I'm sure I'm not alone. :thumb:

Well I just took a couple photos. She is 106 days old. I have defold heavily. She is 5'4" tall. The room is 4x4x8. She is in a 3 gallon bucket, 100% perlite hempy. I use a paint strainer net bag to keep hole clear and hold perlite for drying and cleaning, works for my tomatoes so I use it here. 5ml CaliMagic per gal and GH FloraNova Simple Drain to Waste feeding schedule of nutes. She takes a little more than a gallon per day. Every day. My light is 12" above taller top, about 6'6" above. It is a shame she got so large. Any suggestions appreciated. I have been juicing the leaves I remove. All the leaves left have trichomes on them pretty much. She shows no signs of any shock with the exception of the tinest brown tips on some leaves.

Enjoy. She scares me.

:geek:
WJ

Here is the trunk with a double A battery for comparison. No B!C lighters.

with_AA_battery.JPG

Here is a front view. Just too big.
Vast_front_view_106_days.JPG

HOLY Peter, Paul, and Mary!!!!

Would a PlatinumLED do this? I'm not trying to be a smarty pants. My light got her to this. I know this Mars II 900 watt light does this well. Any light would have to be able to do this in my environment. I do want to upgrade soon and I am looking and many different lights.

WJ

Would a PlatinumLED do this? I'm not trying to be a smarty pants. My light got her to this. I know this Mars II 900 watt light does this well. Any light would have to be able to do this in my environment. I do want to upgrade soon and I am looking and many different lights.

WJ

With a plant like that id keep the same genetics and NOT CHANGE A THING :) just my .02

WJ

I'm not even quite sure the sun would do that, :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oops this post was meant to be satanic.... Look at my post count, lol

WJ

That's a nice plant, but...this one makes her look small...its 6'5" tall, should yield about 2lbs...