Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

I've found that heavy defol & pinching the top are the best methods to increase the branch growth. It's a bit scary the 1st time you do it but the effects after a week show it does more good than harm, the plants love it :)

I've found that heavy defol & pinching the top are the best methods to increase the branch growth. It's a bit scary the 1st time you do it but the effects after a week show it does more good than harm, the plants love it :)

Agreed! Pinching/super cropping/whatever you want to call it.. is a great way to induce branching and control upwards/outwards growth a bit. It's a nice alternative because you can do it to any growing tip, anywhere. Just give a little pinch between your fingers until you feel the stem "pop" a little. It will stall the tip growth for a few days and induce branching and lower growth behind the stalled tip. This also makes them grow like wildfire.. so.. be careful what you wish for..

:)

Agreed! Pinching/super cropping/whatever you want to call it.. is a great way to induce branching and control upwards/outwards growth a bit. It's a nice alternative because you can do it to any growing tip, anywhere. Just give a little pinch between your fingers until you feel the stem "pop" a little. It will stall the tip growth for a few days and induce branching and lower growth behind the stalled tip. This also makes them grow like wildfire.. so.. be careful what you wish for..

:)

Agreed! :)

I pruned the fan leaves off the Blue Dream save the top set. Despite their previous injuries, they have opened fully and appear to be very healthy. They are both doing quite well and the amount of growth just in the last few days has been strong. I didn't strip the fans off the 8bk but I had also topped them both so the vertical growth should be slowed.

Bue Dream

BDhb1_11_26_14.JPG

BDhb2_top_11_26_14.JPG

I'm going to let these lower branches grow out and use them for clones

BDhb3_low_branches_11_26_14.JPG

And the 8-ball kush

8bkhb1_11_26_14.JPG

8bkhb2_11_26_14.JPG

8bkhb3_11_26_14.JPG

my_garden_11_26_14.JPG

my_garden2_11_26_14.JPG

I'll post pics of the 8bk hempy plant that has been in flower for about a week tomorrow.

:peace::cool:

looking good! just mozying around your garden - dont worry i wont touch anything

********oooooooooo whats this big red button******** lol

As promised, I have an update on the 8-ball kush Hempy plant. She completely fills the 2x3 tent and 10 days after flip she has bud set.

I was messing with some pictures and took a few with just the flower spectrum on. She is a tent-filler...

8bkHempy_tent_filler_11_27_14.jpg

8bkHempy_tent_filler_top_11_27_14.jpg

She didn't have these 3 days ago...

8bkHempy1_main_11_27_14.jpg

bud_set2_11_27_14.jpg

bud_set1_11_27_14.jpg

There is a LOT going on in this unusual pic. It was initially awkward, but as I looked at it more closely I liked it more...

lot_going_on_11_27_14.jpg

...and of course the bic pic

bic_stalk1_11_27_14.jpg

She's under the 11/13 light schedule and is doing quite well.

I hope everyone who celebrates it had a great holiday.

If you look really close, you can see some glands already excreting...1 day after bud set. :surf:

I also took a couple clones off her and they've already rooted! In another week or so they should really take off. They are specifically for seed, so will start on a CS regimen in another 2 weeks or so as I don't need them big...just healthy.

:cool:

I pruned most of the lower fans off the high brix 8bk. They will both get a soak tomorrow...a thorough one. Environment is in the ideal range.

temp_rh_11_28_14.JPG

knarly_pair.JPG

8bkhb1_11_28_14.JPG
BDhb1_11_28_14.JPG

I absolutely will once some of the branch growth fills out a little more. Then I'll take the current top set off and look at taking the lower branches for clones. Teen moms from seed and all that. ;)

Interesting to see how defoliation affects HB plants. Curso is all about it, and doc says NO! LOL. I haven't really experimented much with it either. Worth a try on one of my huckleberries next round for sure.

I cut a ton of leaves, buds and branches off the plants when I prune them. What I don't do is the "defoliation" techniques designed to increase bud sites and all that. I like fan leaves for foliar spraying.

I'm pretty sure Curso agrees. We might have different pruning techniques, but I think we both keep leaves on the plants.

I cut a ton of leaves, buds and branches off the plants when I prune them. What I don't do is the "defoliation" techniques designed to increase bud sites and all that. I like fan leaves for foliar spraying.

I'm pretty sure Curso agrees. We might have different pruning techniques, but I think we both keep leaves on the plants.

I cut all sorts of branches buds and tops when pruning; specifically referring to removal of fan leaves. Maybe I didn't look at gov's pics enough but surely looks like fan leaf removal to me. Again, I'm interested in all outcomes.

If we feed the plants though the leaves, we definitely need those!

WIW is if I am going to take leaves off, I make sure I feed (spray) 1-2 days before I take stuff, followed by some de-stress to the remaining leaf and stem after I am done. With these little plants you can get away with taking those big fans, they'll recover fast and when its time again to spray there is something there to spray. It might not be a massive fan, but there's enough there in a weeks time to feed once again.

Yes I do agree that there has to be something there to spray otherwise you are just making it rain.

I usually let most fans stay. After all they are the engines, and we want our plants to run. These had been so light-starved and little to no branch development a week and a half ago so I wanted to expose those areas. I'm still learning this technique, but they both seem to be hooked up now and leaves praying away.

I'll go get some pics. I was light-proofing my cabinet this morning and got it about 90% done. I'm still a few weeks from needing the isolation it will provide, but it's either that and/or adding a tent for breeding/seeding. I'll take the clones I want about then, let them root and hopefully start to veg with the others before I have to have it in place.

Back
Top Bottom