Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello growers!

It's up-pot day for the clones and that means I received my Grow Dots today!

It's a little bag of 15 teaspoons.
IMG_4812.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

So I got my pots prepped right away. Two of the clones will be going in 3 gallon pots and the smallest will get a 2 gallon.

Their dosing instructions are based on whether you're using "Heavily Fortified", "Fortified" or "Inert" soil.

I chose to use the "Fortified" dose, as I am using half a pot of Root's Organic's Lush soil for the 3 gallon plants and all Lush soil for the 2 gallon (which probably should be considered "Highly Fortified").

In the 2g pot using all Lush I just mixed 3 tsp. of the Grow Dots into the soil along with 2 tsps. of insect frass. Then I topped the soil with earth warm castings.

In the 3gs on top of the 1/2 pot of Lush I put another fourth pot of Mother Earth's Coco-Peat Performance Mix (mostly because I'm trying to get rid of it). On top of that went 4 tsps of insect frass.
Frass fpr clones 5-14-22.jpg

Then I put in nearly 6 tsps. of Grow Dots.
dots 5-14-22.jpg

And for the top fourth layer I used FFOF. Then I put a healthy bit of earth worm castings on top of that.

I put the smaller of the two Black Cherry Pies into the 2 gallon. Here's she is right before going into her hole.
Pre-holed BC small 5-14-22.jpg

And the larger Black Cherry Pie right before going into her 3g:
BC pre-holed 5-14-22.jpg

And the Kera Bubblegum right before she's buried in her 3g:
Kera BG pre-hole 5-14-22.jpg

I sprinkled the few Grow Dots that I held back on top of the soil in the 3gs, and I was done. Took forever because of the cloud I was engulfed in, but it was enjoyable. The fact that it was raining out made it more pleasant.
Clone up-pot done 5-14-22.jpg

Now I need to try to stick to the Grow Dots release schedule, which means letting these veg for at least another 28 days. Then I have to bank on my 4x4 tent (with my Express Grow on Flip +49)) being clear sooner rather than later so these can go in there!

Now to see how these dots perform. I really hope they work as advertised!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
They work great for autos, let’s see what they do with photos!:popcorn:

Not a lick of transplant stress to be seen! :goodluck:
Well, thanks to our convo yesterday about the possible difficulties that could arise from mixing mediums, I am the one suffering transplant stress. :laughtwo:

Oh she's just lovely. @StoneOtter made me all excited for Black Poison that I I went to order some aaaaand out of stock. I'm getting in on this Black Domina strain for sure after this Big Bull. Looks to be hearty and as Shed noted, resilient, too
She almost grows on her own, Krissi! I would highly recommend her, but I haven't smoked any yet! :)

They work great for autos, let’s see what they do with photos!:popcorn:
They sure worked great for yours, Dee! :Rasta:

I'm curious about the timed-release because they say it's based on the temperature of the grow environment. Huh? That temp. doesn't generally change much over the course of my grows so it's a bit confusing to me.

Hello growbies.

It's Dot Day 5 for the Clones.

They're growing fast, and I'm beginning to be concerned about space. I've nowhere to put these until the 4x4 is clear and that's seems, at minimum, 3-4 weeks away.

I'm thinking if I top them, maybe they'll slow down just a little bit and buy me some time. Otherwise I could see this tent getting packed to the walls, and that would unsettle me just because I don't particularly like that look.

Do any of you think these could fill this tent in 3 weeks time?
Clones 5-18-22 Dot 5.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Peace.

One thing to slow them might be to raise the light some? Add topping and training and that should do it. Or try and let them go. But raise the light I think to slow em.

Could also supercrop them a bit which would also strengthen the branches to hold up those heavy buds that are in your future.

I think they'd fill the tent faster if you topped them, so I'd either lower the lux a bit or supercrop as Azi suggested.
Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen (and you too, @Azimuth).

It sounds like I have a valid concern. I'm lousy at gauging how fast they'll grow and how much space they'll need, but I had I feeling this situation might not work as planned.

The light they're under (made by a former Sponsor) has a dimmer. I'll turn it down some and go from there.

:thanks: all.

Droughting them a bit may also slow them down- nothing drastic, just wait 24 hours longer than you think you should, to water them. It won't be pretty, but I don't think it'll hurt them either.
My 2 cents...

I'm curious about the timed-release because they say it's based on the temperature of the grow environment. Huh? That temp. doesn't generally change much over the course of my grows so it's a bit confusing to me.
I think it’s based on the temp in the grow medium itself… I’ll do some research.

0DD0F4ED-1CE5-4D4A-8D2F-D909D6C0E461.jpeg

Thanks, Dee! Although now I feel like a slacker for not looking that up myself, I'm happy that you did. :)

During your auto grows do you routinely check the temps of your medium?

Hello growers.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I had the light running at 75% and have turned it down to 50%. That should help a bit.

Down the road I may pinch some stems to further assist in the slowdown.

Thanks, Dee! Although now I feel like a slacker for not looking that up myself, I'm happy that you did. :)

During your auto grows do you routinely check the temps of your medium?
Not ever. I was guessing about that. Seems more like overall tent temp. The hotter the tent the faster the dots go... I am lucky enough to grow in a spare bedroom, with the door open to the rest of house (we are nose blind... mostly...). The grow room stays between 68-74 degrees all the time. With lots of CO2 from 3 dogs and 2 people.

Back
Top Bottom