Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello all.

In the 2x2, the two strongest clones have started ascending!
1716650453163.png

1716650474682.png

I need to start "planning" how to grow these!

----------------------

Thanks for stopping by!

PEACE

Why not take over LB's backyard with them!
He seems to have his hands full keeping the one he's got watered. It's got to wait it's turn I guess, with the damn near hundred other plants he tends to! :Rasta:

plants are looking great GDB are you going to swick the new clones or just soil or something completely new
@con, I moved your question to this thread in order to try and keep things where they're supposed to be. (I posted a clone update on my other thread when I should have done it here. Your question originally appeared there.)

I'm weighing my options. In all honesty, clones often get in the way when I'd rather be using my resources to grow new (to me) strains.

I needed to take cuts from the Cosmic Lights but I didn't really have to clone the FKCs. But since I did, now I'm kind of stuck with them because I'm not too keen on killing healthy plants.

My "bad luck" growmie, who seems to require some sort of surgery every year, has just come through another major hospital episode. He said they thought he was done, but he made it through! He's recuperating now and said he'd like to grow a plant while he does. I'm probably going to give him the smaller FKC.

The two smaller CLs I think I'll put in 2 gallon pots with Lush soil and grow them using the Foop organic nutes, which I've yet to try. I'd toss those into the 4x4 (flip them) in short order and just let them grow mostly untrained. That should get me at least 2-3 ozs of Cosmic Lights and maybe more if I'm lucky!

As for the two heartier plants, I just don't know. I may just transplant them for now and leave them in the 2x2 for a while. I'd like to grow them to a substantial size, and if I just let them veg for a while I get to put off deciding how to go about it.

Logistics. Crazy!

I'm doing all the things now that used to confuse me when I was a single-tent grower watching multi-tent growers do their thing on 420!

Hello all.

It's Day 13 in the solos for the clones and they continue to plug along. The strongest Cosmic Lights is getting mad tall!
P2 clones 5-25-24 D13 in solo.JPG

The two KFC clones (front) where both from cuts taken from the very tops of the plants. Usually when I've done this I've gotten plants that grow symmetrically with opposite opposing nodes growing on the same level, or at least so I thought.

But last night I gave the largest one a good look and noticed that while it does have symmetry, the flowering parts of each node come in unevenly. I referred to it when I noticed as being "lopsided."
Big FKC clone lopsided(3).jpg
Big FKC clone lopsided (1).JPG
Big FKC clone lopsided (2).JPG

It could be that every top cut I've ever cloned has done this, and maybe I just didn't notice.

I'll be paying attention from now on.

----------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Day 13 in the solos for the clones and they continue to plug along. The strongest Cosmic Lights is getting mad tall!
P2 clones 5-25-24 D13 in solo.JPG

The two KFC clones (front) where both from cuts taken from the very tops of the plants. Usually when I've done this I've gotten plants that grow symmetrically with opposite opposing nodes growing on the same level, or at least so I thought.

But last night I gave the largest one a good look and noticed that while it does have symmetry, the flowering parts of each node come in unevenly. I referred to it when I noticed as being "lopsided."
Big FKC clone lopsided(3).jpg
Big FKC clone lopsided (1).JPG
Big FKC clone lopsided (2).JPG

It could be that every top cut I've ever cloned has done this, and maybe I just didn't notice.

I'll be paying attention from now on.

----------------------

Thanks for stopping by.

PEACE
Interesting! Not sure if I’ve ever sent that.
How old was the plant you topped to make this clone?

Interesting! Not sure if I’ve ever sent that.
How old was the plant you topped to make this clone?
They were 30 days old when I topped them Justin.

I talked about it briefly HERE.

They were 30 days old when I topped them Justin.

I talked about it briefly HERE.
Topped my CapJunky a bit earlier than a month and the clone made all parallel branchings. First time I had noticed.
Yours will be interesting to watch!

Hello all.

It's Day 17 for the clones and the need to transplant is coming soon.

I've decided to grow the tall Cosmic Lights with low stress training (LST). When I transplant her to a 3 gallon fabric pot, I'll bury her to one side of the pot and try to work with her that way. I used one of those stem-bending gadgets to get her started. I don't plan give her a bunch of veg time. I want to flip her quickly and get her out of the way ASAP.

I'm going to transplant the largest Fat Kid's Cake into a 2 gallon pot. I may try to grow her to a larger (for me) size, so she may end up getting an even bigger pot down the road. I just need to figure out how to go about it.

My bad luck growmie has sorta' committed to taking the smaller FKC, but I get the feeling that he's really not up to it yet. If he decides he can't do it now, I need to do something with her. And I'm still undecided about the other two CLs.

Hmm. I wonder if it's too late to put them in my backyard? I'm past the point of worrying about if someone will steal one of my plants. I may just put those three out there!

I've got an arsenal of bug-killing shit that I haven't had to use since I ridded my grows of the borg. I can spray my outdoor girls like the madman I know I would be if I put them out there! 😁

P2 clones 5-29-24 D17 in solos.JPG

-----------------------------

Is the growth on the CL speeding up your "what the heck should I do" timetable?
Nah, Shed. It's the large FKC clone that's got me ciphering! 😁

I decided to invest some faith in the remote grow. I trust that LB will raise us enough organically grown CL to last for many moons!

Hello fellow travelers!

Day 19 for the clones and I've decided what I'm gonna' do with them!

But first let me update my sorta' lopsided Fat Kid's Cake. You may recall that she was a top cut and expected to grow symmetrically. And she did, sort of. But there's a short flowering branch opposite a taller one on each node. The shorts sides are growing, but they're still shorter. :)

On the 1st node (lowest) that little stub opposite the established branch has even grown out a little.

Before:
1717174461456.png

Today:
FKC clone 5-31-24 1st node.JPG

And so on to the second node:
FKC clone 5-31-24 2nd node.JPG

And the third:
FKC clone 5-31-24 3rd node.JPG

But the flowering branches at the 4th node appear to be developing at the same size, or at least closer to the same size!
FKC clone 5-31-24 4th node.JPG

I'm going to let the 5th node grow out just to see how the next pair comes in. :Rasta:

----------------------------

My plan for these clones is to grow as many as I can as quickly as I can. No long flowering periods, just get established and get flipped. But that's excluding the largest Fat Kid's Cake (just discussed). She's showing me something that makes me want to give her a good run!

I want to grow all of the Cosmic Lights clones. So that leaves the smaller FKC kinda' hanging out there. I'm still not certain my "bad luck" growmie is going to take her, and I won't have room for her once I transplant the others. (They'll end up in one 3 gallon pot and three 2 gallon pots in the 2x2 tent.)

I just might put the small FKC in my yard, but I need to hurry up and decide -- it's getting late!

I had considered growing a few of the clones using these FOOP organic nutrients that I've yet to try. But I spent a good bit of time yesterday reading Amazon customer reviews on the product. There was a repeated bit of info. in many of the reviews: The parts 2 of both the Grow and Bloom stink to high heaven!

I will not (cannot) be using FOOP in the house. That would cause an uprising! :Rasta:

I mentioned that to say that the idea of putting the smaller FKC outside could give me the opportunity to try the FOOP.

Here's a shot of the group today:

P2 clones 5-31-24 D19.JPG

The larger FKC is front and center and the smaller one is to her left.

-------------------------------

Thanks for taking a look!

PEACE

Well i am glad you got a plan and sticking to it ??? ! plants look good for the ground 1 outside 2-3 quickies LOL that just sounds funny :cheer: :cheer:
LOL! "Quickie" is actually what some of my golf buddies call me! (Cause I spend very little time standing over a golf ball before I swing at it!)

Back
Top Bottom