Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

MC is very high in potassium, so bumping plants too soon can result in K tox, completely different from K pop by the way.

And I mentioned that I would wait to flip because they would be spending time regrowing their fans, which they did. You are under no obligation to follow my advice. Happens all the time! :)
It's strange nonetheless. All of these cuttings where taken when the mothers were feeding at 5g and the GOGs seem to be doing fine. So what's with the CB?

I don't feel obligated to follow your advise but a lot of times it seems the prudent thing to do, not only with you but with several others on this site. Plant doctors some of you are, and I don't tell doctors where or how or when to poke. :Rasta:

Hello growers.

So last night I dealt with the Fast kids and the Clone Trio.

Upon opening the tent, I was greeted with speckles. Most of the plants had a few speckles, but the Bruce Banner got walloped. This had to be from the Lemongrass bug spray the night before. I guess I got a little overzealous with the spray and droplets remained on the leaves when the lights came back on the today.

I remember going really hard at the Bruce Banner because she had those curled down leaves that often indicates some kind of bug are present. So it makes sense that she would have the most speckles. (But the leaf curling is gone!)
Speckles 8-3-21.JPG

I'm not concerned about the speckles and I can comfortably proceed with this grow without any thoughts of
POTM. :Rasta:

The Fast kids got a liter each of plain water + SNS 209. The GOG clones got 2 liters each @ 5g of MagaCrop + SNS 209.

The CB clone was flushed with a gallon of plain water. Now please don't call me crazy, but as I ran that water through the CB she actually darkened up a bit right before my eyes! This was not my Benz Diesel playing tricks on me, it actually happened.

I don't know if the difference will show up in these pics, but I know what my naked eyes saw. In all three of these pics the CB is positioned in the middle rear.

Tent Pic from Aug. 2nd
Fast 8-2-21 Flip7.jpg

Tent Pic from Aug. 3rd after flush.
CB darkens 8-3-21.jpg

Tent Pic from this morning (Aug. 4th)
CB darker 8-4-21.JPG

So I followed half of Shed's advise -- that of flushing the plant -- and it paid off. I did not, however, drop the MC to 4.5g as he also recommended. In fact, after I flushed it I just let it stay that way overnight. I figured I'd sleep on the idea of where to take the MC, if I choose to adjust it at all.

This morning I've decided to split the difference between what I think (leave the MC where it is at 5g) and what Shed recommended (take it down to 4.5g). I will water her today @ MC 4.75.

Thanks for stopping in!

Peace.

Hello growers.

It's been 2 days since I reset the C Banana clone, flushing her and lowering her MC dose from 5g to 4.75g. She looks a little better but remains a much lighter green than her tentmates. The new leaves growing in don't have the discoloration that some of the older leaves have, so I guess that's a positive.

I'll watch her closely after a few more feeds at 4.75 and then...well we'll see.

CB clone 8-6-21 2 days post reset.JPG

As for the Fast kids, @InTheShed had warned me that if flipped they would spend a few weeks growing back fan leaves. I should have heeded his advise because they are, in fact, having a fan leaf festival.

Fast Fan Fest 8-6-21 Flip11.JPG

My thinking was that since these were Fast strains, their ruderalis influence would cause them to rush to flower no matter what shape they were in at flip. Hell, I had already let them run for over 60 days before I flipped 'em.

I guess I could have been more wrong, though it's hard to imagine how! :Rasta:

I don't know what this fan leaf festival means for the plants as they progress, but thanks to being a hard-head I'll soon find out!

Here's a tent pic. The 2 Godfather OG clones on the right continue to reach for the sky. I'd like to find a way to grow them to maturity with as little stress as possible so I'm considering moving them back upstairs to the 4x4 tent where there's a bit more headroom for them to stretch unhindered.

Fast tent 8-6-21 Flip11.JPG

Finally, I having some pending medical appointments for an ailment that I think might be relating to growing. I'll let you all know more when the final diagnosis is in. It's fairly gross.:lot-o-toke:

That's all for today.

Peace.

They're all looking great except for the lighter alleged C-Ban. Though I would be wary about getting to 5.5g/gallon this early in the grow. That pattern of burning could also be a K tox, and too much K can lock out N, making for paler leaves. Maybe rinse it out and reset it at 4.5g and see if looks happier a week later. I don't think it will hurt anything giving that a shot. That's just me spitballing possibilities though.

i'm wondering what's with that plant as well.
a few times i've had success in mc by dropping the amount slightly and adding in a 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 calmag

i'm wondering what's with that plant as well.
a few times i've had success in mc by dropping the amount slightly and adding in a 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 calmag
Thanks, Bluter.

The only calmags I have are a 0-0-0 and a 4-0-0. If you had to roll the dice, which would you go with (or neither)?

i'd try the 4-0-0 at a half dose or less. it seems a bit high in n for this.

both calcium and nitrogen can mess up K. all four including mag have some effect on the other. i'd need a mulder's chart and some time to figure it out. i'm not so strong there.

well that ... doesn't clear it for me at all.. :p

thought i'd see a bit more direct cause.

MC is high in n, but runs close to balance with the rest of the mix. some versions are known to be hard on delivering calmag under led, but the issue disappears at higher levels if you don't blow the plants up or go over on n and claw hard.

my best guess, is the calmag add shores that delivery up, and keeps the n levels just a bit closer to balance than where it'd be with a drop alone.

i know a calmag add in late veg through flower allows me to run a cooler mix, and add in BE for the flower build. it made a massive difference on some marginal clones last run.

Thanks Shed.

Based on my interpretation of this chart I should just start another plant! :laughtwo: (Just kidding.)

It is helpful in that I can follow the green lines and try to avoid the reds. :Rasta:

well that ... doesn't clear it for me at all.. :p

thought i'd see a bit more direct cause.

MC is high in n, but runs close to balance with the rest of the mix. some versions are known to be hard on delivering calmag under led, but the issue disappears at higher levels if you don't blow the plants up or go over on n and claw hard.

my best guess, is the calmag add shores that delivery up, and keeps the n levels just a bit closer to balance than where it'd be with a drop alone.

i know a calmag add in late veg through flower allows me to run a cooler mix, and add in BE for the flower build. it made a massive difference on some marginal clones last run.
Thanks, @bluter. I'll try some calmag. Why me worry?

Hello growers.

I figure that if I keep posting pics of the Fast tent I will eventually shame the CB Clone (middle rear) into turning
green! :Rasta:

It's flip day 12 for the Fast kids.
Fast 8-7-21 Flip12.jpg

The CB was fed tonight 2L @MC 4.75 plus 1ml Cal Extra 4-0-0 (thanks @bluter). The GOG clones on the right got 2L @MC5.

That Fast kids got their first top-feed of GeoFlora Bloom with 1L of plain water plus 400ml of Mycos+.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Hello growers.

My attempt to shame the CB clone into greening up via repeated public exposure (pics) is not working.

Having been fed at a lowered MC rate (down from 5g to 4.75g) and given a few 1/2 doses of Cal Extra 4-0-0, she has not budged color-wise. In fact, the yellowing of the lower leaves is beginning to worsen.
Fast tent 8-11-21 Flip 11.jpg

I feel that I have nothing to lose by now going with my original idea, which was to up the MC rate on all of the clones to 5.5. The GOG clones on the right have now had a few leaves start to turn yellowish. It's just a few, but enough to cause concern. In addition, my buddy Rick got some of these very same cuttings from me. Although he's running his outside and in smaller pots they should be about on the same track. I went to see his yesterday and noticed that while not as light green as mine, his CB clone is also a lighter shade of green than his GOG clones. So this lighter green could be genetic and could be something I'm worsening by the lowered MC feed.

His CB is in the front with the GOGs lined up behind it.
RIcks clones 8-10-21.jpg

He told me he's feeding his at 5.5g though he couldn't remember when he upped it from 5.

So on their next feed all of the clones will be raised to 5.5g and I'll just hope I don't end up pissing into the wind. :Rasta:

I've gotta' say it sure is nice to have a local "grow buddy", especially one that you can give clones to. It makes for a nice check and balance situation for both him and me!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

My attempt to shame the CB clone into greening up via repeated public exposure (pics) is not working.
It may be time to change your approach. As I’ve heard say “the beatings will continue until the attitude improves” :headbanger: :kisstwo: :hippy:

It may be time to change your approach. As I’ve heard say “the beatings will continue until the attitude improves” :headbanger: :kisstwo: :hippy:
You may be right, Nev.

I'm going to change my attitude. I will drown the CB with kindness and affection rather than continue to call her a "yellow-bellied loser." :laughtwo:

Hello growers.

Just thought I'd toss in an update on my grow-buddy Rick's Grand Daddy Purple clone. He got the cutting from me in late June, started it in a tent but then moved it outside.

Here she is today, a little beat-up from a major cloud-buster the other day but still standing.
Ricks GDB clone 8-11-21.jpeg

I think he's we're doing a pretty fair job for a couple of novice outdoor growers. :Rasta:

Hello again, growers.

Sheesh, I forgot the primary reason I wanted to post the update on Rick's clone. I have a question for outdoor growers.

We had a major storm the other day with tons of rain. I was talking to Rick about it yesterday and we both wondered, since the plant was effectively flushed during the storm whether it needed to be fed immediately.

I don't recall seeing any references on 420 to post-storm maintenance of outdoor plants so I don't know the answer.

Can any of you outdoor growers chime in?

Hello again, growers.

Sheesh, I forgot the primary reason I wanted to post the update on Rick's clone. I have a question for outdoor growers.

We had a major storm the other day with tons of rain. I was talking to Rick about it yesterday and we both wondered, since the plant was effectively flushed during the storm whether it needed to be fed immediately.

I don't recall seeing any references on 420 to post-storm maintenance of outdoor plants so I don't know the answer.

Can any of you outdoor growers chime in?
Howdy do mate..
Ive noticed with my pear tree, that's in a 20 gallon pot, that after a heavy rain, the run off out of the bottom is all the organic nutrients I had previously put in. It has a distinct colour and smell, that's what made me notice. plus I've noticed leaf colour changes.. so I would say yes, going by my pear tree...
Screenshot_20210812-154821.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom