GratefulBud's Summer 2023 Outside Grow

I'm not going to complain (much) about growing in SIPs, but I won't be doing it again (don't tell Azi).
Friggin plants were too damn big!
Ha! Too big plants seems like a First World problem. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think everyone should grow in a SIP at least once, but I get they're not for everyone. Every style of growing seems to have its own plusses and minuses and seems like you saw your share of the SIPs'. :laughtwo:

Shorter veg and/or smaller pots are also an alternative but you'll settle on how and in what you want to grow, but it was fun to follow you on this one. :thumb:

Ha! Too big plants seems like a First World problem. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think everyone should grow in a SIP at least once, but I get they're not for everyone. Every style of growing seems to have its own plusses and minuses and seems like you saw your share of the SIPs'. :laughtwo:

Shorter veg and/or smaller pots are also an alternative but you'll settle on how and in what you want to grow, but it was fun to follow you on this one. :thumb:
I appreciate your guidance on my first SIP grow - thank you!
I may do it again but gotta have a larger res. Did I tell you that both SIPs were blown over in the wind? Several times. Very top heavy. But if you want monster plants this is the way to do it.

I appreciate your guidance on my first SIP grow - thank you!
I may do it again but gotta have a larger res. Did I tell you that both SIPs were blown over in the wind? Several times. Very top heavy. But if you want monster plants this is the way to do it.
My grow style is similar to yours. The last thing I want is a bigger plant.

Lolling.

Still have a few of these in use.

1698990774440.png

I'm not going to complain (much) about growing in SIPs, but I won't be doing it again (don't tell Azi).
Friggin plants were too damn big!
Plus I was looking for a 'set it and forget it' option. The SIPs required a lot more work than I anticipated, and the smaller 5 gallon buckets really didn't allow me to water less than once (or twice) per day. I would recommend a much larger reservoir.
I'm with you here. I'm still on the fence whether I will grow in a SIP next season. My plant did amazingly well, but it was a whole lot more work than I expected. I would have to set up an automatic watering system, but then figure out how to feed it. Maybe GrowDots, but those have their own issues...

I'm with you here. I'm still on the fence whether I will grow in a SIP next season. My plant did amazingly well, but it was a whole lot more work than I expected. I would have to set up an automatic watering system, but then figure out how to feed it. Maybe GrowDots, but those have their own issues...
I put grow dots in the soil of both SIPs and they did fine all through veg and early flower. I started adding nutes in late flower until finish. Automatic watering system is definitely on my radar.
I’m thinking next year of using GeoFlora nutes and running a water line off my filter and connecting to an in-line sprinkler valve. Worried about the fishy odor of GeoFlora attracting new / more / different bugs tho. Outdoors is always fun.

Last time that I seen her she was all alone
So high that I thought she could probably have flown

This song always reminds me of a friend who lost everything and almost died. Thank goodness she's in a much better place now.

Cause I need this baby life is crazy we're easily pushed aside
And I feel it baby nothing makes me this thing I am inside
So I need you baby you're all I have that keeps me feeling right
So now's the time I'm telling you to cut me down to size
Oh
Well cut me down, oh down, oh down, oh down
To size

Music is good for the soul!! Nothing like eating some really good shroomage and some top shelf cannabis.... headphones 🎧 and just seriously chill!!! Happy Thursday friends and neighbors! 😎✌️

Music is good for the soul!! Nothing like eating some really good shroomage and some top shelf cannabis.... headphones 🎧 and just seriously chill!!! Happy Thursday friends and neighbors! 😎✌️
Hiya Scottay!

Love me some good shrooms, er, tunes LOL!. Haven't taken shrooms in over 30 years.

Hiya Scottay!

Love me some good shrooms, er, tunes LOL!. Haven't taken shrooms in over 30 years.
They're pretty easy to grow at home!! I've grown them (cubensis) right out of a bag of uncle bens rice!! Hint hint!! Bwahaha!! Happy Thursday to you Growmie!! 😎✌️

They're pretty easy to grow at home!! I've grown them (cubensis) right out of a bag of uncle bens rice!! Hint hint!! Bwahaha!! Happy Thursday to you Growmie!! 😎✌️
I gotta look into that. Mushrooms have shown wonderful results in treating PTSD. I read one dose can keep you right for months.

Back
Top Bottom