Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

Yeah my wife Hates to go to Wallmart even though we do shop there. The people who go there are all kinds of messed up. Check the web for Wallmartianes, its crazy

I’m just tired of all the division. And I really feel like that’s the point. Divide and conquer.
100% Magoo, just like prison. The prison loves it when the whites are fighting the blacks or the Mexicans are fighting the mexicans !! They hire more guards and work more overtime. Hate & discontent abounds, but some of the best people I've ever known was met in the Ca. penal system from 1968 to 1973. Divide & conquer !!

I got another answer to a question ...

In my State, about 70% of the positive results have been in the 20-60 year old group. Under 20 and over 60 are about 15% each. In the over 60 group, 20% were hospitalized and half of them died. In the under 20 group, 0.6% were hospitalized and none died.

Currently, "cases" are at their highest point since testing began, breaking the peaks in mid-April and mid-May. We're at a total of 122 deaths per million so far.

And it looks like about half of us have T-cell immunity, which means half of us can't harbor and reproduce the virus, don't get sick, and are far less likely to spread it to others. Unfortunately, T-cell test are way too expensive.

:bongrip:

It'll be in the next group for sure. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I picked up some KA5H too!:slide:

And Thai Chi and Thai Pan and some Cherry Pie if they manage to actually get it to me.

I usually buy from Seedsman too. I did make one perches directly from ACE and it was easy. Most of my seeds are from ACE but bought through Seedsman, Its hard to beat their freebies

So I was at a friends house a couple of weeks ago and he got a call from his daughter. He had her on speaker phone and they were going on about the virus and all the other crap going on at the moment. Well his daughter happens to work at a hospital in the state she lives in and was talking about how the governor of her state was making such a big deal about the hospitals being over run with cases. She laughed and stated that out of the 1100 beds in her hospital no more than 10 have been occupied with COVID patients at a time. That is less than 1% of the beds in the hospital being occupied by corona cases at any given time. I cannot say that that hospital is over run due to the virus. My friend then went on to talk about how one of his good friends mothers died of a heart attack that got labeled a COVID death. The woman never tested positive for the virus...

On another note I was reading an article that was talking about how the number of cases in the US is being calculated based off of both mucus tests AND antibody tests. Due to this, the number of cases is inflated from any other country because most other countries are only going off of actual positive mucus tests. The guy went on to explain that with the antibody tests they are typically just looked at under a microscope and that the antibodies for the virus look almost identical to antibodies for influenza. Which means that unless they actually test the antibodies to see what they are for, there could be a ton of positives that are showing up just from people that had the flu, or the flu shot.

I cannot say the virus is not a threat and is not deadly. If the news is to be believed (hard to tell just what is and what is not true these days) there are states with so many people dying that the morgues cannot keep up and they are bringing in refrigeration trucks to put the bodies in. This sounds an awful lot like what Northern Italy was experiencing at the height of the outbreak there. There were many reports, even from members here, that they were having to use churches to hold the bodies due to the morgues being over run there.

:idea: I just realized that I can tell people I already had it! :cheesygrinsmiley: :slide:

That should make them happy, right?

(One of our hospitals is going to go down because they can't do any business anymore - losing gajillions every day. :straightface: )

Technically speaking you could avoid wearing the mask ever and you could claim HIPPA privacy laws prevent ANYONE at the store or otherwise from asking about ANY confidential Doctor Patient health conditions you may or may not have contracted.

Yeah Uncle Sam representatives remember those laws you stuff down out throats? So do we!

A half dozen 420 members have had it, that I know of - most of us seniors.

I've delivered pizzas to a lot of people who should be taking better precautions - very obese ones, for instance - I worry about them. :straightface: I don't see a lot of frail old ones, but some doors have some very unhealthy people behind them - like a substance abuse appearance, y'know? A few wear gloves and masks to take the food - damned good idea - they're being careful. Pizza boxes aren't guaranteed to be virus-free. The hallways aren't either.

It's a fascinating philosophical perspective delivering food to people. You get to see them unguarded and safe in their homes, usually in a good mood that you can brighten with your own bright demeanor. Behind them, you get a glimpse of their home environment - a little movie clip with each encounter, just a snippet, much briefer than a store cashier or food server - just a flash and I'm gone, adding that clip to all the others from that work shift and all the others before it. You get a wide sampling of real people. You see the differences between the wretched and the rich and the bourgeoisie. Trailer parks have a quiet warm charm to them, for instance. Some of the nicest people live there, unlike the tracts of new vinyl-clad family homes, all lined up in rows, occupied by many defensive and pretentious folks, bless their hearts. I doubt they know what shiddy tippers some of their neighbors are.

But each of them is their own person, and I can catch each of them unguarded - pass a couple idle comments back and forth - maybe get a short snort or smile. You learn a lot about the community this way. I'm virtually invisible as I go about my business, but I've seen cumulative tens of thousands of my fellow citizens in their homes over the years, happily looking forward to eating, not stressing over a home repair or something.

A fascinating job. :bongrip:

Technically speaking you could avoid wearing the mask ever and you could claim HIPPA privacy laws prevent ANYONE at the store or otherwise from asking about ANY confidential Doctor Patient health conditions you may or may not have contracted.

Yeah Uncle Sam representatives remember those laws you stuff down out throats? So do we!

Yup, that's how you repress the people you don't like - you enforce the laws on them. The more silly just-in-case laws we have, the easier to punish your enemies.

So far, I'm able to be a free market guy. If a store doesn't want people without masks to shop there, I won't. That works fine for me. I'll just order it online. It's not my place to argue with experts about whether they'll make more money one way or the other.

just a flash and I'm gone, adding that clip to all the others from that work shift and all the others before it.
A very philosophically poignant perspective ... be a fascinating art film endeavour... just thousands of those snippets - a working life’s worth - all run together. Then you could do it installation style as a reflection on the vertical stacking of time (all time is happening all the time etc.) and run them simultaneously on a thousand screens. That’d be an expensive piece of art to make. Fun to think about tho :nomo:

A very philosophically poignant perspective ... be a fascinating art film endeavour... just thousands of those snippets - a working life’s worth - all run together. Then you could do it installation style as a reflection on the vertical stacking of time (all time is happening all the time etc.) and run them simultaneously on a thousand screens. That’d be an expensive piece of art to make. Fun to think about tho :nomo:

A supremely elegant focus, though - just that moment of passing the pizza. :love: The expressions on the faces ... it'd be powerful.

I've thought it'd be very cool to have those apple glasses? Or make something - a pinhole camera on each side ... just for a snapshot. Some of them would be awesome! :cheesygrinsmiley: People you don't see every day, and the amazingly archetypical ones ... :laughtwo:

Like walmart people, only off-guard at their own doors, being themselves.

Back
Top Bottom