Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

Bud rot in a sativa? That's unusual.

Thanks folks! I still haven't gotten used to how many flowers are growing in that tiny little 4x4 space. :eek: Each week when I pull them outta there, my mind goes a little blank, like ... huh? Huh? Seriously, HUH? BlueDream has nine colas over a foot long, all thick with buds - no idea how to predict yield.

Bud rot in a sativa? That's unusual.

It's partly my fault. The skirts on these plants are pretty thick so I've been focusing the air circulation in the lower canopy. And the tops of these main colas get very thick when you grow them like this - I had some rot on another one a couple months ago too. Annnnnd ... :) ... I've been running RH in the 70%, so ... not that surprising. The VPD really helped with the delicate sativa leaf structure though.

Who's Blue dream are you growing? Those buds look like a SSH phenotype? Everything is looking great as usual too!

This is Humboldt's. I'm really pleased at the way this one came out. The tops have a distinct spear structure, but the calyxes are a little fatter than a typical sativa dominant. It filled out very nicely and looks like it'll finish in 9.5 weeks. I tried twice before to run it but the seeds wouldn't sprout. Finally, I get to see what all the fuss was about.

How tall is the Carnival from the soil?

Heheh, these be big! They're both over 45 inches from the soil. I'm glad I got a chance to run such beasts but they're too big for the room. I'm used to 2-3 ounces per plant. These are going to be more than that. :rofl:

Heheh, these be big! They're both over 45 inches from the soil. I'm glad I got a chance to run such beasts but they're too big for the room. I'm used to 2-3 ounces per plant. These are going to be more than that. :rofl:

The three big girls in my 5x5 are the same height with six weeks to go. It does look like the stretch is slowing down fortunately. When they dry out next , they will get recharged and a GE drink to wash it down. :rofl:

My Bluniverse isn't much of a stretcher. I topped the first one, flipped it at a foot or so at 6 weeks and ... nuttin' - no stretch - maybe 8 inches. :( This time I'm gonna grow it nice and big first.

For 6 gallon pots, I typically flip within 70 days, with the plant at 14-16 inches. For my small fast grows in 3 gallon pots I flip at 50 days or less.
thanks I will be in 3 gallon. I'm at day 22 I'm hoping to harvest by Xmas so I need to flip by October 20 or so

For 6 gallon pots, I typically flip within 70 days, with the plant at 14-16 inches. For my small fast grows in 3 gallon pots I flip at 50 days or less.
Hey Gray, when you do these 3gal wonders... do you start them in a smaller pot and transplant up? Or is it just start to finish in the 3gal?

:Namaste:

:thumb::adore:I pay homage to your superior growing skills. :bravo:

What he said. Whew! Graytail.... I made myself get over here before you posted the next one and I was completely mesmerized by the photo shoot! :bravo:

That Blue Dream has to be one of the best I’ve seen grown. It makes my specimen look sick. Lol! Damn! And the King Gelato, good Lord that girl is frosty!

You make us sick with envy my friend and push us all to do as well. There aren’t many of us who get there Mr. Wizard. :kisstwo:

Hey Gray, when you do these 3gal wonders... do you start them in a smaller pot and transplant up? Or is it just start to finish in the 3gal?

I wanna know this too. :hmmmm:

I ask you Graytail, don’t you wish DC was a bigger yielder? I love growing them, there’s just something wonderfully exotic about the phenotype I had. And I guess I’m getting better yields as I go, but I’ve found that I get more out of them in small pots than large ones.

Are you experiencing anything akin to that?

Gorgeous as always Gray! :adore::thumb::popcorn:
Wow, your photos are amazing! I will go back and read your journal. Thanks for posting.
Awesome work Gray! :high-five:
Your grow is beyond impressive, very nice work

Thank you gentlemen.:thanks:

I'm pretty impressed myself! :p This QB lighting is really delivering. The best part is not having to worry about headroom anymore. I have a canopy a solid 2 feet deep. :slide:

I wanna know this too. :hmmmm:

I've been starting them in cups, at least the seeds - clones are trickier to time right. But seeds in cups will get me about 40 days before they run out of gas. If they're going to be pure sativas, I'll pop 'em into 3 gallon pots and flip 'em the same day. If they need some veg, I'll upcan to a 3 and give it another week or whatever.

The sativas will then continue to grow and stretch until they're mature, which is a crapshoot. My GoldenTiger x OldtimersHaze grew for another 40-50 days before it bloomed. :rolleyes: But most of them will show pistils within 2 weeks, even if they don't necessarily stop stretching. The method hasn't been doing as well with hybrids though. Even the DevilsCarnivals could use some more veg time. I'm most pleased with DurBush and The UBH x GT - I nailed them perfectly - marvelous plants to watch - beautiful structure to them. :love:

The DurBush BTW, is some fine smoke! Very nice. :bongrip: Ima grow another one fershur.

I've been starting them in cups, at least the seeds - clones are trickier to time right. But seeds in cups will get me about 40 days before they run out of gas. If they're going to be pure sativas, I'll pop 'em into 3 gallon pots and flip 'em the same day. If they need some veg, I'll upcan to a 3 and give it another week or whatever.

That’s pretty damn impressive manipulation and management of the microherd then! :bravo:

That’s pretty damn impressive manipulation and management of the microherd then! :bravo:

Thanks Amy. :) It's only weeks 5 and 6 that are hard to manage. The first month is boring - they just grow. But Transplant drenches have been keeping 'em going for another couple weeks. :slide: I really should upcan earlier, but this way they can retard a bit in the cups as they mature and then explode when you upcan and flip. I think that may be one reason I get the single colas from all of them. I've seen a clear difference in size between two cuts - one gets upcanned and the other doesn't? The one in the cup grows slower than the upcanned one. That can be useful when you're trying to run a landrace sativa. I can get a couple more weeks of maturity before I have to let them grow.

Back
Top Bottom