Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 10
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 4

First off, I am buzzed. Working from home today getting stuff together before going off to Colorado for 6 days. Today I took the Hindu Kush out of the dome. Watered fed both plants about 10oz of 200ppm, pH 6.5 Big Bloom.

Thinking I will just water good tomorrow, and hopefully they can go 6 days. If anyone has better ideas I would love to hear that.
IMG_222825.jpg

Hindu Kush-funny it's almost the size of the Blueberry.
IMG_222925.jpg

Blueberry
IMG_223021.jpg

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 11
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 5

Both plants are looking good today. I gave each 1 liter of the 200ppm, pH 6.5 Big Bloom-hope that is enough fluid to keep them 6 days. I am leaving the lights at 85w, they are about 2' off plants, leaving AC on 77, so they should make it. If they don't its bc I overwatered today...lol.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 18
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 12

Well both plants survived a week without me. A little on the dry side, but they will make it. Today I gave them 1 liter each of 1150ppm, pH 6.5, 15ml of Big bloom, and 5ml of Grow Big and 5ml of CaMg to a 2 liter mix. I am considering not topping either plant.-thoughts? Later today I am going to snip off the lowest leaves on the Blueberry plant that were damaged in the sprout.

While I was gone, temp ranged from about 72-79 in the tent and humidity 45-60%, the bowl of water I put in almost evaporated, that may have helped with the not watering.

Smoked a little while in Co. Tried a very nice 1.2g house indica pre-roll for 7.50, I wish I would have bought an ounce of this. Fishing was good, relaxing was better.

Hindu Kush
IMG_224827.jpg

Blueberry
IMG_224925.jpg

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 20
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 14

Gave each plant a liter of CaMg water. Soil was pretty dry. Temps been maxing around 78, I raised the wattage on the 4 Citis to 110w, and lowered the lights a couple inches.. Probably feed on Tuesday, more photos then. They are coming along well, the Blueberry is already starting to leaf at the lowest nodes.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 22
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 16

I am just going to mix one set of nutes for both plants. Not going to get specific unless I see plant signs of stress. Today I gave 500ml of a solution pH to 6.3 of 15ml Big Bloom and 7.5ml of Grow Big to a half gallon of water. Basically I am giving the week 3 on the fox farm soil nutes schedule. Also added a touch of CaMg. Wanted to give a liter each but soil was still damp in places. They will probably get a diluted feeding on Friday of the remainder of the nute solution plus some rodi water.

The blueberry plant was a little lanky, so I used some LST to prop him up for a couple days on return, may have been a lack of water since I was gone, seems better now.

I bumped the lights up to about 50% or 110w, reds are still off, will turn them on in a couple/three weeks.

Blueberry
IMG_225030.jpg

Hindu Kush
IMG_225123.jpg

Interesting to watch these autos as they grow very different from the photoperiod males I just had.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 24
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 18

all well, plugging along. Noticed the Blueberry has pistols in a few places this morning.

Photos on Monday when back in town. They will almost be 4 weeks Monday...

What is the blueberry harvest from seed time advertised as?

70 days. From what I can tell in my limited experience, it looks like it will go maybe 75 or so. Just a SWAG.

Thinking of not topping. I like the blueberries nodal spacing, it's not nearly as tight as my last plants and it looks like it will be a 3 footer easily. I need to measure when I get home. It's getting some strength to it, where it is not just as lanky looking. Maybe that is a thing with autos because their so fast.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 28
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 22

Gave both plants a 1L feeding, pH to 6.7 (little high, but been going under). 7.5ml of BB and GB and some open sesame, maybe an 1/8 of the small scoop, all diluted in a 2L bottle with some CaMg and then divided.

I went ahead and bumped up the citis to 125w, they are 16" off the Blueberry. Temps and RH have been in range 72-80 and low to mid 50s.

The Blueberry is getting taller...damn, and it's showing all female. The hindu kush is tiny compared to the Blueberry, but about a week behind. When I look back at post #28 and compare the blueberry then to the HK now, it's both the same amount of nodes +-, but one is ultra compact...interesting.

I am thinking the blueberry might really take 70 days. Also thinking yields are not looking over 1oz-we will see.

HK
IMG_226124.jpg

BB
IMG_226023.jpg

I might try some minor LST if sites in the middle are not getting light. I still have plenty of up room in the tent, probably 3.5' or so.

The early pistols are a trip.

It's finally getting hot here in the south. Going to have to redo my ductwork sometime. I just have it blowing up into the crawlspace, but did not patch the gap where I run the 5" tube up to the attic. So going to do that to help with smell and heat creep this week.

Still though, tent has not got over 80.

Re: Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

Fair enough - but use mine as cautionary tale: they are already almost 30" - near 3.5 feet with the smart pot - and don't show signs of slowing yet. If they are gonna do 4, I'll have to bend or damage the mainstem it boot them out to the yard at some point. Luckily, they are in an 80" tent but still make it award for everyone else who wants light too.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 29
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 23

BB looks like it grew two more overnight...I went ahead and tried some mild supercropping on two lower branches to see how the plant responds-it was more of a pinch and roll. I took a picture and will post the before/after. Hands smell nice.

10am-note the nodes uppermost leaves.
IMG_226224.jpg

4:30pm-up already-browning at the bend site.
IMG_226327.jpg

Both were looking a little droopy this morning, gave each 500ml CaMg RO pH to 5.9. Prob feed again Friday if I can make it that long.

It's been hot / dryer here, so might start having to do water every couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom