Growing With The Devil - Perpetual Grow

Alternating the heating Works really well. I have kept an eye on the temps, and they have never gone below 18 degrees Celsius during lights out. I would prefer if they never went below 20-22, but all considered, this is pretty good. When the big tent heats the small tent, the small tent gets just as hot as the big tent. It is when the small tent is heating the big one, we start loosing temps. But so far never below 18.

Am considering to buy one of those 4000 watt garage heaters for extra Cold periods. But damn those Things cost a fortune to run. It does cost a lot more to lose Harvests though so it's all about cutting the losses really.

Motivation to get another tent/lights and do what DeVille is doing to alternate heating. It's been brutal here as well with a least a dozen nights in the negative teens (F). If it were consistently cold I could set it and forget it, but in my instance I also have to deal with days that are 45F and sunny. We had a day about a week ago where the temps, no shit, spanned 50 degrees! Weather today is 20F and snowing and tomorrow is high of 48F with 2" rain....craziness.

[-the Train Wreck is scary. So damn aggressive. It keeps on stretching for more than 3 weeks after the flip. This time I flipped to 12/12 an entire week earlier than first round, am hoping they won't grow into the roof this time. Think I perhaps found the right time to do it this time. Let's wait and see - No matter what, I will put in a net to Ensure I don't get into this trouble again.

Will use nets in the main room as well next round. Then we'll get to see just how much pot you can produce in such a room under 2400 watts :)

QUOTE=SamSmith;3858954]Damn you are a glutton for punishment. You are starting to scare me a bit with the train wreck. Buds look good and you're hanging in there like a champ.[/QUOTE]

I have some amazing news. Both Big-Bud clones survived. I can see a lot of new growth now on one of them and a little bit of new growth on the second. Damn! This was a close one. Emulating the enviroment they had in their little greenhouse did the trick.

The 3 Jack Herer seeds sprouted in less than 24 hours. I was out of peat pellets, so I put them in Rockwool. Was kinda expecting to see them pop up soon - unless I managed to kill them with the heat. I nmatoticed it got really hot in there so I unplugged it. That wouldn't be the first time I kill seeds by forgetting to unplug a heatmat. But I also know it was just a few hours, so they should be alive. I can't be that unlucky.

Don't let my experience throw you off from growing this strain. Learn from my mistakes instead. Just think they will at least get 3-4 times taller during flowering. They keep stretching for 3 weeks or so. It's very very insane. I have never seen anything like it. I hope I was fast enough now. I flipped to 12/12 after 10 days. May have been too early too. But I will find the perfect spot eventually. It finish flowering after 8 weeks, it needs approx 1 week to grow. That's a strain you can harvest every 9 weeks or so. And I am certain that once I get it right, they'll bulk up as fuck. I see the ones that didn't fall over are huge now. I want them all to look like that.

If you grow this strain, go for scrog, and if you are having a sog setup like me, scrog it anyway I guess - Or just use the net as support so they don't fall over. You will never regret growing this strain. It's my new favorite. Nothing less

Damn you are a glutton for punishment. You are starting to scare me a bit with the train wreck. Buds look good and you're hanging in there like a champ.

Starting to feel so good again I'm actually inspired. I'm so glad I put that good old camera-rig back together. After we moved, everything has been in boxes, but as a creative artist, I should use also my cannabis hobby as an artistic outlet. Besides, it's freeing to have an alter ego and to have no ties to my former self, bands, movies I worked on and so on. I am free to start over kinda. Perhaps this Devil character will make some more music too - who knows. The full package.

What I do know is that I want to spend this year getting good at timelapse photography. The art of making very slow processes happen before your eyes. I want to make video's like those you see on National Geographic, of plants growing. Only it will be cannabis growing under artificial light. I want to capture the complete process with several strains. I also intend to do my best to make it look beautiful.

I really want to do something with the growing that let me combine all my talents

Made a sweet deal with the local hydro shop. If I find something online they don't have, they'll get it for me - So I don't have to have things sent to my address. That's cool. Wish I could advertise for them

Sitting here wondering about what kind of music would fit a video of a cannabis plant growing from seed to harvest-time in approx 3 minutes.

Yes - I smoked some of the Train Wreck

The first part is very boring, so slow music, perhaps classical. Sit down in front of the piano and do a slightly boring but also entertaining enough to keep your attention - Then when the plants take off it looks so cool on a timelapse. Then we need dramatic music. Maybe even some heavy shit like black metal

It's alive
eea629456a4657fc365af988b306be23.jpg

Maybe even some heavy shit like black metal

Please, no. Too many people wreck too many vids on youtube with really bad banger music. imho . .

Ian

What I do know is that I want to spend this year getting good at timelapse photography. The art of making very slow processes happen before your eyes. I want to make video's like those you see on National Geographic, of plants growing. Only it will be cannabis growing under artificial light. I want to capture the complete process with several strains. I also intend to do my best to make it look beautiful.
:thumb:I'd love to see that Devil. compress that time,days into minutes. Time travel:woohoo::Namaste:

Holy shit. I can see I was very drugged yesterday. TrainWreck FTW

oh - it wouldn't be bad - I belong to that generation who invented black metal and the only generation who can do it right

Please, no. Too many people wreck too many vids on youtube with really bad banger music. imho . .

Ian

Alternating the heating Works really well. I have kept an eye on the temps, and they have never gone below 18 degrees Celsius during lights out. I would prefer if they never went below 20-22, but all considered, this is pretty good. When the big tent heats the small tent, the small tent gets just as hot as the big tent. It is when the small tent is heating the big one, we start loosing temps. But so far never below 18.

Am considering to buy one of those 4000 watt garage heaters for extra Cold periods. But damn those Things cost a fortune to run. It does cost a lot more to lose Harvests though so it's all about cutting the losses really.

Not sure how effective this would be with your grow medium, but I use germinating heating pads under my fabric pots (24/7) to help keep the soil a few degrees warmer. So when my "air" thermometer reads 60F (15C) I am hopeful the roots are 5-10% warmer.

I was actually considering that as an option when I did soil. I think the idea is good.

Not sure how effective this would be with your grow medium, but I use germinating heating pads under my fabric pots (24/7) to help keep the soil a few degrees warmer. So when my "air" thermometer reads 60F (15C) I am hopeful the roots are 5-10% warmer.

I was actually considering that as an option when I did soil. I think the idea is good.

Without a doubt it helps me in my situation. We have had some extremely cold nights and I sleep better knowing the roots are (a wee bit) cozier! I am using 7-gallon pots to increase the insulating mass of soil as well.

Let's see - The 16 Train Wreck plants have started their explosive growth period. That means I need to get my ass to the hydro-shop asap so I can put up a net before it is too late. I'm also out of peat pellets and I need to take 32 clones for my next grow in the main-room. Ideally I would have rooted clones ready by now, but as everything was so delayed, I haven't managed to create a routine for that yet. I imagine from that grow and on I will manage to always have rooted clones ready. I will invest in one of those big cloning machines from nutriculture with t5 lights fitting their lid. That should do the trick

I will. Just the way I like it. If I don't have a lot of things to do, I get a tendency to think too much. That's sometimes not a good idea. Just ends up with me being stuck and depressed. So I am trying to give myself things to do to stay sane sort of - In a way :)

Back in the old days when I travelled the world pretending to be a rock star or something I was hardly ever bored. But after I "retired" from that life it tends to be a little boring

Back
Top Bottom