Happy House - First Autoflower Medical Grow - Indoor

Thanks for the picture you just inspired me to try something after my plants bounce back from topping how you can pony tail the fans and certain big ones is that Kleenex used to tie? Or pipe cleaners my eyes are going tonight brain overlord of 420 knowledge being dropped up in this beach lol

Great job btw .

420-magazine-mobile1756618327.jpg

Keep in mind that the purpose of pony tailing is to get light to new nodes. If the fan leaf isn't blocking anything growing under it, it's best to leave it open to absorb the light. In this case some of your pony tails are actually working against the plant by keeping it from photosynthesizing.

420-magazine-mobile1756618327.jpg

Keep in mind that the purpose of pony tailing is to get light to new nodes. If the fan leaf isn't blocking anything growing under it, it's best to leave it open to absorb the light. In this case some of your pony tails are actually working against the plant by keeping it from photosynthesizing. .

Haha crap as if o forgot to say something bedtime ....

Thanks for the picture you just inspired me to try something after my plants bounce back from topping how you can pony tail the fans and certain big ones is that Kleenex used to tie? Or pipe cleaners my eyes are going tonight brain overlord of 420 knowledge being dropped up in this beach lol

Great job btw .

I used Pipe cleaners. I cut a bit off one and used it. You could use a whole one on a larger fan leaf. What I did was tie it around the stem of the leaf and then move it up over the leaves. Seemed to work best for me. And I have to give all my credit to Flowernose. She was my inspiration for it. .

They're looking so great! . I doubt you mislabeled anything. Sometimes babies don't looks exactly like their relatives. :) Smoke will likely be just what you're looking for. .

Well, we shall find out! They should be very different smokes. Thanks for all the advice and wise words! I'm on my way down to fix the one you showed below and make sure I didn't mess up any others! ..

First a question: When do I consider the autos in bloom? And what should temp and humidity be at that point?

Now, the report:

I took off the ponytails and those poor little leaves didn't really appreciate it, but I imagine they will bounce right back. By the time I was done fiddling with them, they were already looking better. I tied down again today and upped the nutes a little. Took Bloom up to 2.5 ml.

Today is Day 24 for Beuhla (NL), Thumbalina (NL), Misty (BB) & Claire (AH)

Beuhla

Beuhla3.JPG

Thumbalina
Thumbalina_2_.JPG
Thumbalina4.JPG

Misty
Misty_22.JPG
Misty14.JPG

Claire
Claire_23.JPG
Claire4.JPG

And Thomasina is at Day 16

Thomasina_21.JPG
Thomasina3.JPG

And here is the grow room

Room75.JPG

We gave up on the seed. As we have 2 or 3 photos coming to us sometime next month, we will probably need the room anyway. The 5 that sprouted and doing well though! and their little stems are getting so thick!

Have a great evening/day!

First a question: When do I consider the autos in bloom? And what should temp and humidity be at that point?

Now, the report:

I took off the ponytails and those poor little leaves didn't really appreciate it, but I imagine they will bounce right back. By the time I was done fiddling with them, they were already looking better. I tied down again today and upped the nutes a little. Took Bloom up to 2.5 ml.

Today is Day 24 for Beuhla (NL), Thumbalina (NL), Misty (BB) & Claire (AH)

Beuhla

Beuhla3.JPG

Thumbalina
Thumbalina_2_.JPG
Thumbalina4.JPG

Misty
Misty_22.JPG
Misty14.JPG

Claire
Claire_23.JPG
Claire4.JPG

And Thomasina is at Day 16

Thomasina_21.JPG
Thomasina3.JPG

And here is the grow room

Room75.JPG

We gave up on the seed. As we have 2 or 3 photos coming to us sometime next month, we will probably need the room anyway. The 5 that sprouted and doing well though! and their little stems are getting so thick!

Have a great evening/day!

Sup house

So flowering starts from day one pistils showing bud .

Temps flowering going in maybe 55%50%

And 73-77 I'd say .

When do I consider the autos in bloom?

I look for two signs that bloom is around the corner. Think Teenage vs. Adult.

First is preflowers. This plant needs a training bra and "the talk." The little white hairs are pistils. They're sprouting out of the calix.
420-magazine-mobile53840102.jpg

The second thing is the change from symmetrical node spacing to asymmetrical. You can see it when the pairs of leaves on a branch begin to take turns. Changing from the same size to big and little leaves.
420-magazine-mobile1481712488.jpg

These are signs of puberty. I count the beginning of flower on my autos from when clusters of calixes form. That's usually several days after these signs appear.
420-magazine-mobile1591987556.jpg

So definitely have the preflower going on - which make sense considering they are in week 4 and according to my schedule this is called transition (whatever that really means).

Here are the pics I was able to take that weren't horribly blurry. I'll see if hubby can take a better pic. I need to get the iPhone magnifier dohicky.

IMG_459318.JPG
IMG_459219.JPG
IMG_458916.JPG

Probably why they are starting to smell it up. Makes me smile. :circle-of-love:

So definitely have the preflower going on - which make sense considering they are in week 4 and according to my schedule this is called transition (whatever that really means).

Here are the pics I was able to take that weren't horribly blurry. I'll see if hubby can take a better pic. I need to get the iPhone magnifier dohicky.

IMG_459318.JPG
IMG_459219.JPG
IMG_458916.JPG

Probably why they are starting to smell it up. Makes me smile. :circle-of-love:

Yup they will start to get stinky .

Hello! Sorry for the non-update the last two days. I was feeling a little under the weather and didn't watch the plants as well as I should have. Tonight when I checked on them, I thought the two biggest ones (Beuhla and Thumbalina, both Northern Lights) looked a little droopy and their leaves felt dry. Beuhla also was sporting some leaf damage from where her leaf got squished beneath fingers during a watering.

Beuhla_6_12117.JPG

Beuhla_5_12117.JPG

Beuhla_4_12117.JPG

Beuhla_3_12117.JPG

Beuhla_2_12117.JPG

Beuhla_12117.JPG

and here is thumbalina - who still had some signs of possible wind or light burn on one leaf. Not sure which.

Thumbalina_2_12117_-_Copy.JPG

Thumbalina_12117_-_Copy.JPG

My thinking is that the two larger plants' roots couldn't drink enough water to compensate for the too close lights. So I moved the plants lower. I also untied all the ties to give them a night off from the training and to just worry about recovering.

I have them on the following Nutrient schedule:

General Hydroponics:

Micro (5-0-1) - 2.5 ml
Grow (2-1-6) - 2.5 ml
Bloom (0-5-4) - 2.5 ml
Cal/Mag - 5 ml

So first question - Am I right in my thinking or could it be the nutes? The smaller plants didn't seem to have the same issue. If it is the nutes - what do I do?

And, should I remove the damaged leaf (from figers)? The whole leaf isn't dead, but a part is.

Thanks for any advice!

Checked on the girls this morning after the lights turned back on and it looks like they were probably too close to the lights. They already seem to look better.

Beuhla - There was still some slight folding on the leaves at the top, so I moved her a little lower.
IMG_0032175.JPG

IMG_0031177.JPG

IMG_0030181.JPG

Thumbalina - moved her down the same amount as Beuhla.
IMG_0033182.JPG
IMG_0033182.JPG

Misty, Claire and Thomasina. They were lowered last night as well, although a little less because they are smaller.

IMG_0034171.JPG

Moved.JPG

After35.JPG

Still need to know if I should remove the partially dead leaf from Beuhla or not. I'll probably leave the nutes where they are as long as the girls keep lookking better.

The leaves really are the portals into the plant's souls though. If you "listen" to your plants, they tell you when something is up.

Looking great! . So wish you could join me for my wake and bake so we could chit chat about lst.

Me too! I'm pretty much winging it and not knowing what the heck I'm doing. I just keep trying to remind myself to keep light to areas without light like you said! I also have to keep reminding myself that the girls are in 5 gallon pots so they look smaller than other people's who have theirs in 3 gallon pots.

But they really are starting to smell it up and stretch!.. I can't decide if I'm anxious for buds to form or not because that is so much more passive on my end. But regardless am still having fun.

Back
Top Bottom