Hash Hounds Nirvana Super Skunk & Papaya in Soil

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I also appreciate you posting your reviews/smoke reports at the 420 Strain Reviews forum! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:peace: and :Namaste:

Started growing 12/12 from the start on Feb 1, 400w MH (will switch to 400w HPS when I see hairs)

Nirvana; 1 Super Skunk and 1 Papaya. Up and growing in 3 days and looking good.

Started Barneys Farm Vanilla Kush, 1 Sprout and die, 1 sprout and die, 1 no sprout and 1 sprouted and looks like the first day of sprout, no growth, but still alive!!!

Other freebies from Attitude (Dutch Passion White Widow and Reserve Privada Kandy Kush) have done the same thing, sprout and die. All germinated the same time and same way as the Nirvana's (different shipment)

I am thinking the postal system may have caused some sort of damage by zapping them with x-rays or something that is causing the problem..or perhaps the extreme cold temps during shipment here lately, 3 different breeders in the same shipment with the same results?

Ok These strains I & another. He had been using Nirvana & Attitude early on!
I started with him Feb 2010 & stopped & went another way.
This is what I was apart of, Including freebie's. At that time.
NOTE: Any problems no matter what Nirvana managed with out question & promptly replied & replaced & also gave more freebie's!
1 Super Skunk 10 pk *** ( My S.Skunk looks close, Though I do see different traits). How long do you veg? Maybe Nirvana changed breeders?
2 Purple Kush 10 Pk ****
3 ICE 10 Pk **** Oops Free Bee
4 Maui Wauwie 10 pk *** I had Maui already " Mine was equal or better"
5 Bubble Gum- I already had the original! Bubblicious was good though not like mine.
6 Black Jack 10 Pk ****
7 Blueberry 10 Pk ****
8 White Rhino 10 Pk ****
9 Chrystal 10 Pk ****
I forget the 4 others? ordered it's been awhile!

Free Bee's​
Snow White ( Big producer, loaded with crystals, Harvest early works) Loved it.***
Full Moon (Ok good producer) People liked though weened it out. ***
Venus (Not Venus Flytrap) Heavy crystals & Triches **** All loved this.

I have pics of all.
The Purple Kush. Anyone that has tried it states its the best P.K. they ever had. Black Jack is a big one too. All are good some excellent. Venus= unbelievable!
aGAIN IF YOUR NOT HAPPY THEY WILL REPLACE THEM! hE/wE HAVE DONE THAT BY E-MAIL.
I HAVE USED THE S.SKUNK FOR BREEDING TOO.
NIRVANA HAS CHANGED I SEE. I ONLY ORDER REGULAR SEEDS.
NO AUTO FLOWER or FEMINIZED.
Now I am growing all the TGA. Including some Strains that are hard to come by. Brought to me by friends from other places in the world.
I am currently testing some strains from others.

All medical connoisseur grade top shelf strains.
We have over 50 strains from various Known breeders.
We have collected pollen to breed same line plants to have seeds to cross breed for X breeding.

Let us know if you need help. Also Notify Nirvana!!!!!:yahoo:

Peace Out!:peace::peace::yummy:
Metro

metro

Nirvana is a good company for dealing with problems. I had originally ordered 10 Nirvana NL regs from Seedbotique, and had no sprouts. I wrote to Seedbotique which told me to contact Nirvana. I wrote Nirvana and they replaced them. Of which only 4 sprouted and 2 were male and one hermie. So only one plant left to harvest.

Next grow I figured since they stood by their product and made good, I would order direct from them. Ordered 5 Super Skunk and 5 Papaya fems. Never arrived. Wrote them and they resent, and package arrived in 10 days.

I can't imagine writing them and telling them their seeds turned out lame quality plants and they will give me more seeds. And why would I want more if the genetics of those strains suck?

I don't want to bad mouth Nirvana, because they treated me good, and I know others have had good results. But I will have to think about paying a little more and purchasing other strains from other breeders next time.

H.H.
I Got a call from yesterday from an acquaintance that I help. They just got some goods from nirvana & Attitude. 1 being (THE S.Skunk). I had told him about your exp. He's bringing me the seeds today to inspect under my scope. to do a test. I will pick beans I feel that may turn out. Something I learned from a breeder years ago If & When you can choose your beans.
I can typically get beans to pop in 24-48 hrs. Will see what happens since they have seen what I have grown.
We'll keep you posted.

I have to show a few more pics of the Vanilla Kush. One of the hairiest of the buds.

With flash
Vanilla_Kush_with_flash.jpg

With flash
Vanilla_Kush_2_with_flash.jpg

No flash
Vanilla_Kush_2_no_flash.jpg

Mmmmmmmm that vanilla kush looks good.. How was the smoke? I actually have some VK seeds and Tangerine Dream sitting around waiting for my next move so id love to hear your personal opinion on the 2009 cannabis cup winning VK..

Mmmmmmmm that vanilla kush looks good.. How was the smoke? I actually have some VK seeds and Tangerine Dream sitting around waiting for my next move so id love to hear your personal opinion on the 2009 cannabis cup winning VK..

Disregard^^ just went through your grow. B plus is good for me :D does it have a vanilla kick to it at all though?

little up date to this journal.

In the first few posts of this journal I had written off the White Widow and Kandy Kush for dead. They finally came around as I posted and grew into some good smoke. The WW was the best of the five different strains grown.

Well I took a few clones of the WW and KK for a friend and kept one of each for me. I recently harvested to awesome plants. The WW again is the best of the two, but the KK is not far behind. Those lucky enough to smoke some say it's the best they have smoked in a long time.

Kandy Kush LSTed her to almost a kandy kane shape
KK_8_wk_flw.jpg

White Widow was topped several times and was real thin and lanky. We had to weave her into a scrog to support her.
WW_8_wk_flw_2.jpg

thumbs up thank you I took a good Look at your plants AND you
took as good of care of us the Journal readers as well as you did your plants...
I eyes are stoned from your shit. damn it you needed to warn me before i read this thread 420

Final report on the grow

well all of the smoke was good to excellent

rating the best first is;
White Widow - Dutch Passion freebie. One of the best I have smoked in many years. Very nice relaxing stone, lasts long. Good pain reliever. Not as frosty as pics I see on line, but very nice buds that break up great for rolling. Smells like fruit cake, smooth taste. And the clone from it is even better than the mom was. And I just got two back from a guy I gave a few to. He cloned the clones, so I now have 4th gen WW.

second best;
Kandy Kush - Reserva Privada freebie. Nice high. Up at first, almost to the point it makes me vibrate on the inside, then levels out to a nice mellow stone. Long thin spear like buds. Sweet and spicy taste. The clone was a little less vibrating effect, but no less potent.

Third best;
Vanilla Kush - Barneys Farm. Very nice relaxing high of the mind and body. Sort of a light perfumy taste, but mostly neutral.

fourth best;
Papaya - Nirvana. Smell of the buds is great, but not much taste. Good, but not as good as described on the web site. However, I did a comparison test by giving clones away.
one an experienced grower, and one a rookie. Both were a bit better than mine and very similar to each other yet a little different than mine.
BUT the one I grew outdoors on a hill side was the best of the bunch. More stonier and more potent. Thumbs up to Nirvana seeds, however still number four for the indoor grow.

Fifth best;
Super Skunk - Nirvana. Smell of the buds is great, but not much taste. Good, but not as good as described on the web site. However, I again did a comparison test by giving clones away.
But only gave to the experienced grower. He did a nice job. About the same stone as mine. But I got a clone of it back from him and gave it to a guy that is another newbie, and he gave it little care or nutes and grew it in a pot outside, and it kicks ass. Way better than my indoor batch.

All was well worth growing and smoking.
Almost all gone except for a bud or two of WW and an oz of KK.

HH I noticed that you only put one hole in the container. I have found that its best to put many holes in containers. adding all of that stuff epsom salts etc can upset the balance of nuts in the soil. I used to add veg manure (consentrated compost, It has a manure smell.) to the bottom of my pots with some perlite mixed in. I started having problems with some plants. Fan leaves suddenly developing spots like nut overdose, ph problems. After leaching with carbs and drenching with cedar oil (fungus knats, thripes) I quit adding anything to my potting soil. I use fox farm ocean forest and Happy frog. The Happy farm is excellent for seedlings. I have found from trial and many errors not to mess with potting soil. I have used some of the Home Depot potting soil (only premium potting soil). I would recommend going to the Mandala Seeds web page. This site has info on soils, nuts,germinating etc.
I have also grown Vanila Kush. I have been growing it from clones. I got a free seed from the attitude. It does not like excess water or nuts. It pruduces tight smelly buds yet only grows to a max of about 2FT. It produces best when topped and branched. I harvest when thebud leaves are covered with tricombes and curling. The fan leaves stay green through harvest. They do look beat up then and the lower ones may yellow but I remove them toward the end of 12/12 to let the lower buds mature. This plant seems to be good for breeding.

seed

denverjim

I had used the buckets for hempy style and was going to use them again for hempy so I only drilled another hole below the hempy hole. That way I can just block the lower hole if I ever use for hempy again. They are nice square buckets that fit just right in the grow space.

I think it also allows the water to drain out slower. I have good drainage and when I used more holes a few grows ago, it seems like the water goes through the pot to fast. With the 2 holes, it leaches out slower, so more is able to be absorbed instead of running through to fast.

I was actually thinking of putting in one of the plastic ball valves I have from old hydro setups and making it like a flood and drain. Drench the pot with it closed, then open the valve and let it drain. I bet even less water would run out.

My soil mix seems to be changing a little each grow. For the most part my plants have been extremely healthy as long as I have been using OC+.

My next grow will include a more organic mix in one of the pots. It's hard to change when you get good results with something, but if you want to strive for even better, you have to try a few new things.

Sorry About that kind of a noob here Ill find my way around, But heres my specimens again let me know what you think I will add more as I go to compare notes. I have added Bat Guano due to N problems I am adding Cal Mag next watering, I have heard about bloom solutions? And I am really lucky I have no Ph tester I am getting all that once I get paid , I have been using Distilled water, My humidifier broke so I have a container of water in there with them. As I go on and on and on...... Ill let you look at em before i go on! :high-five:

21056.jpg

2_plants2.jpg

21055.jpg

All pictures intended for role play and entertainment purposes only

I would veg them for a few more weeks. until at least 6 or 8 nodes.

Maybe top her, depending on your space.

I do a lot of LSTing since my grow space is so small.

In an old HT magazine, an article on pruning says to pick one of each of the first four sets of branches clock or counter clockwise, like a spiral stair case. Then let it grow two more sets and top her.

I have done this on the last grow and it worked out fine. Got over 3oz from her.

I used that method back in the late 70's out doors and went around the plant 2 times with the spiral method then topped her. The plant was a huge bush.

CannaVince helped me out too and let me know because my leaves were drying out, I missed my first real nute cycle, I really didnt know any better till I got on this site, I thought I could just add water and go LOL, Funny how that changed into a thousand new rules, HAHAHA. Strain I am not too sure, My brother said they were from a really good batch of Haze, I am not going to speculate or try and guess, I will just have to wait to see what I got and try to identify it that way! I am starting to get the little nodes if thats what we call them above the fan leaves and below the true leave on here stem, My stems are really thin but strong, and am wondering when they are gonna thicken up? I will take 2 more pics of my favorite 2 plants and post them with this. I am on a 18\6 cycle and about to cal mag my next watering.I used a garbage soil while they were young and i guess it shows.

11472.jpg

21058.jpg

11473.jpg

this ones a bit bigger pic

All pics posted are for role play and entertainment purposes only!

Back
Top Bottom